1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First Round Draft Options - By Position

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TarheelFlyer, Apr 8, 2019.

1. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    OFFENSE

Quarterback - None

Running Back - None

Wide Receiver - This is one of those position groups that is all over the place. That could impact who is there at our pick.

N'Keal Harry
    AJ Brown
    DK Metcalf

Tight End - A good possibility to me that we might look here as a surprise pick if someone falls.

Noah Fant
    TJ Hockenson

OT - None

OG - None

C - None

DEFENSE

DL - It would surprise me as we basically have our starters, but maybe.

Rashan Gary

NT - None

OLB

Montez Sweat
    Brian Burns
    Clelin Ferrell

ILB

Devin White
    Devin Bush
    Mack Wilson

CB

Byron Murphy
    Greedy Williams
    Deandre Baker

S - None

So let's do what the FO should be doing. Rank these players in order of ability and preference. I think our pick will come from this group, but I also think more than 1 will be there when we pick. The question becomes...which ones and how do we rank them.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think the top spot for me is TJ Hockenson. He will be a very good player for many years, will contribute from day one, its a position of need and will lessen the impact of Brown leaving even though he's at TE.

I have Murphy next above the other two corners just because he can contribute at slot more than Williams and Baker the first year. Then he can transition to the outside in year 2 or stay in the slot depending on what happens with Hilton. I see Williams and Baker as outside corners while I think Murphy can do both.

The rest (I"m just using who you listed, I would include others) would be something along these lines. This would be my preference.

Hock
    Murphy
    Baker
    Burns
    Bush
    Fant
    AJ Brown
    Ferrell
    Harry
    Wilson
    Sweat
    Gary
    Metcalf
    Williams

D. White I don't think will be available

• Like Like x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's not a first round player :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Good List Turtle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nice list @TarheelFlyer but I will say S could be added especially with a guy like Adderly. Also OT if Dillard falls could be an option as well as one of the Clemson DL. I am starting to like Wilkins more and more his character is one of the best if not the best in the draft. DL is a deep class but I wouldn't be surprised with one.....I am not in favor just saying can't rule one out.

7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy, I will be upset if a FS is not drafted early. This is MUCH needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I agree, but I don't think there are really any first round S at this point. Just how I see it.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm thinking the second round is where they should get a FS, even if they have to trade up.

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    This would be fine.

11. Mcgee

Mcgee Active Member

Oct 2, 2016
    I hate to be the spoiler, but I have seen enough of Johnathan Abrams to think whoever gets him will be very, very happy they did. He reads plays well and is a rocket to the spot when he does. He also hits like a rock. Really like him. This is what makes the draft fun. Seeing how good you'd be at evaluating talent. But one very important thing we as fans don't get to do is sit in on the interviews, they are extremely important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I really like him also, I am not so sure he is a FS? We just drafted our SS last year. Will have to see how Edmunds plays out.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You hit the nail on the head with the interviews,especially in light of what has gone on recently with this team. They are surely putting a stronger emphasis on character. So while we may get surprised or upset that they pass on a special talent for better or worse they have gotten to a point where they have to play it on the safer side.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He would make a nice cross between Barron and burnett. :cool: