1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your Dark horse?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Apr 11, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So as the draft is now 2 weeks away we have throw just about every name around for the first 2 rounds. We all know the big names lets hear you lower round gem. What I would like to hear from you all is who is your one player in rounds 3 and below that you love and why? Who is the one player you would love to see us draft later in the draft or even an undrafted guy that you feel could be a starter. For me it is hands down Justin Hollins OLB Oregon, he was the MVP in the Shrine game and showed some serious speed there. I am not sure what round the so called experts say 5 round 5-fa and I have no problem with him in the 5th.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...d-defensive-mvp-of-east-west-shrine-game.html

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I only can give one :lolol: that's tough...

For offense, I'm divided between TE Kahale Warring and RB James Williams. I think both will be available in that 4-5 round range. Just because of need, I'll have to go Warring.

On defense, I'm torn between DL Trysten Hill (UCF) and DL Daylon Mack (Texas A & M).

I frickin love Hill's quickness and hustle for 6'1" 330. But he needs to focus more and reign some of that back because he's like a DL with A.D.D :lolol: I think he will be available in that 5-6th round range.
    But I'll have to go Daylon Mack. For Hargrave to be even more effective imo, he needs a competent back up and McCullers needs to go. Mack 6'1 320 is a good anchor and has a pretty good get off himself. He had some good weeks at the all star games too. I think he's around that 4th round range.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Maxx Crosby from Eastern Michigan. A shame we have not brought him in yet.

A small school prospect yes but he has the athletic measurables you would want in a 3-4 OLB. Sub 6.9 three cone, 10+ foot broad jump and his vert. exceeded 35 inches; important for his overall explosiveness. Some people might be disappointed in his 1.62 10 yard split but I am not. Kid is a technician who can get better at the next level; his ceiling higher than others give him credit for.

Another one?! Ben Banogu from TCU. His 10 Yard Split on 3sigmaathlete.com is incorrect. Here is the correct one as noted by Dainel Jeremiah;

Sure, he does not have a lot of bend but he is well versed in being a power rusher; something he excels at. While it would be nice to have two edge rushers with an arrary of tools in the proverbial toolbox, even having one go to is still good so long as that go can be great. I believe Ben can be a great power rusher at the next level.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Sorry man not trying to be difficult just trying to have some fun and thought let's see who everyone's one guy was. As for your list I like Mack a ton too he along with Hollins shined in the Shrine game. Now as for Warring I am not sure we will have a need for him after we have drafted Fant in the first round........lmao. That should poke a few people..........I am I mean in a funny way. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not a fan of Banogu I read a lot of hype on him early and when I watched him he played slow. Don't mean I am not open minded to him but there are others i like a whole lot more.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would have to go with The Black Stallion. I mean c'mon....it's right in the name:shrug::hehehe:

7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This isn't what I thought it was going to be based on title.

First, my first round shocker. If he is there, I think the pick is TJ Hockenson. He is the all around TE who will be Heath Miller for the next 10 years here.

Second, what you really asked. Kingsley Keke from Texas A&M. I don't think it is a player I want as much as someone I think they will take. He is a 6th rounder and we have 3 picks and a need at the position.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I started this thread to get away from all the common names that is why I said dark horse. Maybe I worded it wrong sorry but I am the kind of guy who like to talk more about the lower round guys. It is to easy to talk about the same guys over and over but man if you find a 4th-5th or 6th round gem that is big time. imo :smiley1:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    hey don't jinx 'em :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I watched him a few months back, and I won’t mince words - his tape sucked. If we take him at any point before the 6th, I’ll be muttering and cursing to myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    OMG freakin auto correct lol......

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I was pretty sure I wasn't alone I remember others saying the same thing.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Kendall Sheffield. Damaged now. Pay off later.:cool:

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe in the 5th or 6th rd

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I usually do a dirty little secret thread, this is close enough. NY stole my thunder :lolol:

I'm listing all of them though :beee:

Ben Burr-Kirven, ILB, Washington
    Xavier Crawford, CB, Central Michigan
    DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Mississippi

• Like Like x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Sorry bro I thought there usually was something like this but we are getting closer and I didn't see one.......:oops:! I just could take all the other stuff anymore so tired of the AB crap and the Ben leadership stuff wanted to get back to what was important and that's the draft, right now. :)

Like I said before Kirven is growing on me big time for 2 reasons. 1 cause PK is talking him up and I respect his opinion, 2 and most important to me it means no Bush or Wilson in the first!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mcgee

Mcgee Active Member

Oct 2, 2016
    My pick is defensive tackle Kevin Givens from PSU. Came out a year early in my opinion but this kid is strong and quick. Reminds me of Aaron Donald. I personally know him from coaching his high school team. He is super strong. Not an ounce of fat on him. Moved from d end to tackle in college. Left high school at 235 and looked like a body builder. Couldn't believe they put 50 more pounds on him. Could drop weight and play OLB. Played fullback in high school also. Super good kid with a great attitude. An asset to whatever team takes a chance on him without a doubt!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1