1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Murphy or Bush?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by VTSteelerfan, Mar 27, 2019.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just watched OSU (3rd time) and Penn State (2nd) for Devin Bush and I just don't see it. Someone please tell me why the Steelers love affair? Are they just infatuated with his combine testing? Or pressing to fill that need at ILB?

I think he's easily available at 20 and the Steelers take him. His interior run defense is awful and will get trucked by NFL olinemen. Does his size cause him to lose track of the ball carrier on inside runs because he's just a mess imo. Yes I'm ranting lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree 100%, IMO he makes nice tackles 9 yards down the field. Yeah he is fast but I don't see the production either.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I was watching some Byron Murphy highlight tape. I like his style of play.
    Better everyone looks good on a highlight tape.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I'm not sure they are as sold on him as the draftniks are of us taking him. I think it's Wilson or long. Leaning more towards long.:cool:

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Me either and I have a feeling it will be a pick that we aren't talking about. I know the media runs with a lot of things and ILB has been a big need so I think they are going with that. I have seen a lot of mock with Murphy slated for us as well cause many feel CB is a need.

I don't know much about Long but I am just against Wilson as I am Bush. I just don't see where this guys shows the flash and 20 is way to high for him, jmo.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I just meant as ILB, not at 20. I think Wilson could be there around 52. Long in rd.3.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Got ya, I think trading up in round 2 if a ILB is there would be an option with all these picks we have......

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d take Long over Wilson all day.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I wouldn't mind both and we wouldn't worry about that position for a long time to come.:cool:

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They would complement each other well. However, neither one is a can’t miss, day 1 NFL-ready starter, and I don’t think Wilson offers 1st round value because he’s not ready yet.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

this is why Barron gives us some time. Neither would have to jump right in. Wilson in coverage is pretty ready. Long around the LOS is pretty ready. He needs coverage work mostly because he hasn't been asked to do it much. Wilson needs work around the LOS. He gets to the right spot but we need more finishing when he gets there. He has shown that at times. He is really very good reading the play and getting to the right place. He had so many play makers with him he didn't always take command when he got there. It's not that he can't either, he has shown he's capable at times.

Long is tough, fast and beats blocks with quickness. Similar to shazier in that respect. I'd love him chasing after Jackson or Mayfield as they are flushed from the pocket, it could create had throws. Quite good compliments to each other down the road.:cool: