1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Movin The Chains Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Apr 6, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am a big fan of this show I listen as much as I can every day. I think Pat Kirwan is far and away the best on the radio and TV, don't mean he is always right I just like his outlook. jmo With that said every Friday they do a mock and this is their 3rd one, they try to mix it up so the same players don't get picked to the same teams. The first draft they had us take Bush....puke, then Fant and now Baker. They have fun with this and I am posting to have a little fun as well. This is a 2 rounder with trades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    @SiriusXMNFL

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll eat my socks if Butler lasts that long into the second and all those other receivers go before him. No way.

Don't see TJ as a top 10 pick. I think maybe one TE goes in the first, would be surprised if 3 go.

Burns is top 15 pick if not top 10.

I don't see us going fist two picks without addressing ILB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015

Agree on the iLB part. But I at 225 I think Joseph is an ILB. He lined up on the inside on tape as well. Not sure why they have him listed at OLB. I don't like him myself and think the 2nd is way too high for him.

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    If that does happen can you make sure you share the video here? Like I said they have some fun with this and don't pick the same players. If you haven't ever listened I would suggest you do these 2 (mostly Pat) are very knowledgeable and very fun to listen too.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Have to disagree with you here my man.

T.J. is a top 15 pick in this draft. For that matter, keep an eye out for Jacksonville; John DeFilippo rather. He was the Eagles Quarterbacks Coach during their Super Bowl run. For that matter, Nick Foles is the new Quarterback in Jacksonville; a substantial upgrade over Blake Bortles.

Why am I stating both DeFilippo and Foles you may ask?! Zach Ertz had one of his best seasons in 2017 with the Eagles. It was known then that Tight Ends were a central figure in Philly's offense during that season; a good rushing attack no less. Given the fact that T.J. is by far the most Pro Ready Tight End in the class due to his familiarity with playing in a Pro Style Offense in addition to Jacksonville having a good rushing attack with Leonard Fournette (when healthy), he could be one of the final major pieces on offense Jacksonville needs to get back into contention.

Keep in mind they are merely one year removed from their AFC Championship Game appearance. Last year's horrific season was primarily due to injuries and inefficient Quarterback play. The latter has been solved. Now it is time to work on adding him another safety valve a la "Zach Ertz". T.J. realistically reminds me more of a Greg Olsen than a Zach Ertz though.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers could do much better than this mock IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Pick 15 maybe. Top 10? Thats rarefied air IMO. Game changing players. Maybe TJ turns out to be the next Gronk but I've seen too many of these flavor of the month TE's in recent years flop.

If Im a GM, my team would have to be so solid at every other position before I spent a top 10 pick on a TE. It's just down the list of priorities for a teams success, IMO.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, right. I think Mac likes him, think I've seen him in his mocks. I'd rather have Pratt or Coney.

Facebook live, while wearing a fur coat.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I can't wait..........:thumbs_up:

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:hi:

I will concede the first part. T.J. does not strike me as that type of player but we have heard of this story before. I am still awaiting O.J. Howard's "arrival" into stardom. :lolol:

As for the second statement though, much of Jacksonville's weaknesses have been ironed out already. Their remaining ones, interior defensive lineman, Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver, can be had later in the draft. An impact, playmaking Tight End though to assist Nick Foles cannot. For that matter, beyond Hockenson and Fant, way too much of an unknown for them.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I get what you are saying about this and to be honest if you are picking in the top 10 you obviously have bigger needs than TE. Now for us at 20 I look at it a ton different. I look at a lot of things and and try to weight the options. For example it is no secret my first round guy in CB Murphy but if I was drafting and Murphy and both Iowa TE's were there I would pick the TE. Here is why, imo there is a big drop off at the TE position after these guys and the CB class is deep. I also look at team needs and imo we have a need and I think that is where you and I have a difference of opinion.

The impact of a TE is pretty big and if there is any question all you have to do is look at the Cheats and the success they have had with Gronk. Also look at the SB teams, The Cheats have been in the last 3. The Eagles have Ertz, the Panthers had Olsen and the Rams have Higbee......had to throw that in there Blast. Also last year you had 3 TE's in the top 20 in yards and receptions.

Another thing is when was the last time we had TE's ranked this high. TE's don't get drafted in the top 10 but 20-30 range they do. In the last 5 years the highest drafted TE's: Ebron @ 10, Willams @ 55, Henry @ 35, Howard @ 19 and Hurst @ 25. So I agree no top 10's but from 20 on I would draft one.

A good TE can carry a team especially in the red zone and especially with a QB like Ben who loves his big receivers. Look at last years playoff teams Colts, Eagles, KC and Pats all had solid TE's. Team like Seahawks and Cowpies threw to them but didn't have big time TE's. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Injuries have been Howard’s limitation. Only 434 snaps last season. He had a little more than 1/3 of the snaps that Kelce and Ertz had, but put up way more than 1/3 the yards and TDs than they did. PFF ranked him #2 behind Kittle (for whatever that’s worth). In my view he’s already a great player, but injuries have been derailing his career so far. He dominates as a receiver on tape.

I don’t think Hockenson has quite Howard or Kelce’s level of receiving talent, but he’s a bona fide in-line blocker (unlike Kelce, Ertz or Howard), and IMO He can easily be as good a receiver as Ertz.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We'll have our answer in a couple weeks. Almost here :herewego:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I like it. I don't think it will happen, but if it fell that way I wouldn't complain. :)

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Been a fan for a long time. Always enjoy their show.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah me too sure miss Adrian from the Burgh lol. I put PK up on a pedestal when it comes to others in the media. He is the kinda guy that looks at it from both sides and isn't a blow hard. He also is very in tune to the way the Steelers do things. jmo

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Miss hearing from Adrian.

I had Sirius from '08 to '15 and listened to moving the chains every day. pat kirwan has great insight. I will say I missed it when Tim Ryan left and was replaced by Jim Miller. Wasn't quite the same.

I'm actually thinking about getting it back though. Ross Tucker and Pat Kirwan are worth listening to.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah man Pat and Tim were hands down the best duo imo and I had to change my pant when Adrian was on he was on funny dude. I love my sirius mostly cause of Pat but I too like Ross in the morning. I listen to Clay Travis as well he is pretty good but I don't listen to anything but Football, Baseball and Nascar.

They offer great deals if you want to renew like 6 months $25 also I just got all access for $99, last year I paid $142. If you call them just like DTV they will work with ya.

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And OJ Howard went at pick 19. I think Hock or Fant will be available to us at 20 if they are so inclined.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I was just speaking with Sirius and unfortunately up here in Canada, NFL radio is no longer offered on streaming only packages which sucks.

Unfortunately when I bought my new car in 2015 it didn't come with sirius built in.

Sirius is offering streaming only packages for $5/month. Pretty good deal for the music and other sports options. Stinks NFL radio won't come with it.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Man that stinks at least you can always listen to The Ross Tucker podcast. My care does not have the built in radio as well so I have the Sportster 4 or something. Mine is starting to go bad so I have been looking for a new one and you can find them pretty cheap on ebay and amazon.