1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Prospect visit tracker

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 2, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tomlin was at the rules committee and owners meeting in Arizona I thought. :cool:

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought so to but I just copied and pasted this

• Like Like x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Texas DE Charles Omenihu is scheduled for a visit. Not a fan tbh, surprised they are having him in as he doesn't suit the prototypical build they look for.

Inconsistent is the best way to describe him for me. At times, he's slow at the snap and others he's the first. Haven't seen him win too many one on ones, but a lot of pressure when running inside stunts.
    On the ground a lot vs USC and Maryland. Seemed very tired vs Maryland. One consistency is he stops his feet on contact and therefore doesn't get much push.

TCU edge Ben Banogu is also scheduled for a visit. Waste of time, this guy sucks imo.

I for one am just hating on who the Steelers are looking at defensively. S Savage is about the only one I've liked so far. Well him and the Winovich dinner. Mike Edwards is a swiss army knife DB, how many of those do we need?

The DE class this year is not very good for what they look for typically. Jerry Tillery is the closest and he has had some character issues I believe. Chris Slayton from Syracuse is close.

I have a feeling I am going to hate this draft :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Well if our real draft is anything like our mock draft I too will hate the damn thing.....:lolol:

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have a little more faith in this draft class as far as DE's go. I like Brailford a ton and Slayton too. Anthony Nelson has Steeler written all over him and Kingsley Keke looked good in the little I have seen. A couple others I want to check out are John Cominsky, Corbin Kaufusi and Jonathan Leadbetter.

Banogu I read so much good stuff about but I watched him twice and he plays ssssssslooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, no ty!

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I have just been a pessimistic azz this past week :lolol: but I'm just not liking who they've shown interest in. And usually that interest, more often than not, leads to a selection.

Corbin Kaufusi, wonder if he is Branson's (or something similar) bro?

I have watched Anthony Nelson, 2 games, I think. Haven't watched Cominsky or Leadbetter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

You ask I deliver.....lol

Personal
    • Son of former BYU coach Steve Kaufusi
    • Has four siblings including Bronson who played football for BYU and Alexis who played on BYU's women's basketball team
    • Served LDS mission to Korea from 2012-2014
    • Eagle Scou

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Seems they’re looking st some players that are consistently ranked low by the draft paparazzi that I haven’t wat he’d yet: Omenihu, Banogu, the LB - Johnson - from Texas that PFF killed.

I do like what little I’ve seen of Layne so far. Raw, but well rounded. I really like Winovich. I didn’t vote for him in our mock, but I would if I had it to do over again.

With Omenihu and Banogu I suspect (hope) they’re looking at guys who have athletic potential who they think may be there in the 5th or later. Other priorities may force them to wait for day 3 to get an edge.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I need to watch Johnson more he had a great combine, not only was he fast but he killed it in the drills. I remember some of us put him on the radar after that, have you watched any on him?

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I just watched 2 games of Omenihu since my prior post, and saw a bit of Johnson there, but not enough to form an opinion yet. He does flash speed.

Omenihu is not a 3-4 edge prospect at all. He's a 4-3 DE, who can kick inside and shoot gaps as a 3 technique (with moderate effectiveness). That means he can fit our scheme backing up Heyward and Tuitt with what they do being kind of a mix of traditional 5 technique and 1 gapping (especially if he packs on another 10 lbs. of muscle). I see the potential. I'm definitely feeling better about looking his way now that I've watched a couple of games, and now that I realize we are likely looking at him for a DE role not an OLB role. Either that or we're thinking of changing to a 4-3... :)lolol: I won't open that can of worms). Could be in play in the 3rd or 4th round.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Brailford has definitely been my radar as well. Not sure where he'll go, round-wise. I am hoping 4th rd but we may have to trade up in the 4th.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Joe j
    Dogbe, Joe jackson, tillery and omenihu are all backup 3-4 DE capable but also bring that ability to kick inside in our two down linemen sub packages. :cool:

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was thinking to myself last week they seem to be looking at a lot of 4-3 guys...But I just think its a byproduct of the talent available. I don't see many 3-4 DEs in the top 3-4 rounds.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    RB Miles Sanders PSU
    RB Damien Harris Alabama
    TE Alize Mack Notre Dame
    WR Dillon Mitchell Oregon
    LB Gary Johnson Texas
    DB Ugo Amadi Oregon (who had poor combine testing numbers IIRC)

all scheduled supposedly

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think he may be looked at like a Preston and Zadarius Smith or Tre Flowers formerly from NE. type of fit for our D. A versatile inside/out guy. In fact I've seen Omenihu mocked to NE early on. Probably to fill the loss of Flowers.

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Any WV guys with a Ka'Raun White scouting report. Thinking of some WR sleepers currently on our roster that have potential to make some noise. There is also a guy from Canada we signed whose name escapes me at the moment. Dionte ? I believe.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    White was pretty good at WVU. Not a burner but productive. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Look for both Mack Wilson and Deionte Thompson to be added to the Pre Draft Visits everyone! Keep in mind that, like last season, Pittsburgh sent the house to Alabama's Pro Day. Unlike last season though, this year, they have *two options. The first is Mack Wilson. Personally, given his 4.63 40 time, I am still trying to find his 10 yard split as that ia a greater indicator for me. However, he got over 10 feet in the broad jump; huge because that showcases lateral explosiveness.

Biggest issue is Deionte Thompson. Yesterday was Alabama's second Pro Day. I could not find anything on him. That being said though, I would imagine that, controversial or not, he is in play for Round One.

*** Update***

Nevermind. He did not perform anything yet again. Still nursing a ligament. A shame but that is how the way the proverbial cookie is going to crumble I am afraid.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I do know the first 4 have visited . Miles Sanders can PLAY.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Homer.:lolol::cool:

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am aren't I ? LOL I don't even like PSU. Hometown kid.

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I know they believe in leaving no stone unturned but is anyone else looking at some of these visits and going what even more safeties?

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

Bahre and Burnett gone. David in his final season and just switched agents to rosenhaus. We only have allen and Dangerfield as backups.:cool:

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I am and I am not surprised. Thank the continual evolution of NFL Offensive playcalling for that. Even as a gimmick, Lamar Jackson's style of play definitely caught the league off guard. That is something Pittsburgh will have to focus on for certain.