1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Showing His Leadership. Gives up Radio Show

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Mar 30, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not sure what this means. He doesn't need a radio show to criticize his team mates so he just needs to stop doing what he feels is upsetting people. Then he could stay on the air. This sounds like anothe non story story trying to stick to someones wall.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Ben is not a leader. The sooner Steeler fans comes to grips with that, the more you can go on with your lives.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People complain about the radio show and say he needs to drop it or the team needs to make him drop it. Roethlisberger drops it, and the same criticisms just keep on going.

He is a leader. Just not a particularly good one.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    You are a victim of mediaitis telling you what to think. Congratulations and enjoy your life

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He doesn't have to say anyone to anybody outside the team. It takes idiots from bating him into stupid questions and taking his comments out of context.

Ben does not post to social media. So now the idiots have no fuel for their broadcasting show and less BS for the public to blindly believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The only thing that defines a good leader is their ability to lead a team down the field and score TDs.

And Ben has done that multiple times.

So the 'kids' can listen up and do what the hell he says lmao. Since when has a leader been a popularity vote? People watering down their whiskey with baby's milk anymore.

It's clear Bell and Brown's ego was challenged and they lost to a more important player. This IS Ben's team.

So listen up kids lol

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is great news and I don't give a rats a$$ if Ben is or isn't a great leader. The only thing that means anything is being the only team standing in the end and we haven't done that in a long time.

To sit here and keep going back and forth over crap we don't have control of is dumb imo. SB 40 is a long time ago and to not have had a ring since then with the talent we have had is ridiculous. People want to point to Tomlin, Butler, AB, Bell but yet Ben gets a pass????? Sorry everyone is to blame man Ben don't get to be put on a pedestal, he is the field general he is the guy leading the way so IMO he gets to take some shots as well.

I hope now giving up this show along with AB and Bell gone we can get back to our winning ways cause time is running out people...........

• Like Like x 2
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This unfortunately happens to a bunch of the posters here. If some pundit spouts it, suddenly it’s fact. That leaves those who can think for themselves not coming to grips?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011

Unfortunately, this is exactly correct IMHO

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I've never missed a game Big Ben has played, broseph. It isnt hard to see if you open your eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Smart move by Ben. He didn't have to drop the show. The fact that he did should speak volumes to those that hate on Ben. He put the good of the team above himself. Hopefully that attitude becomes contagious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There’s still a story the producers want to tell. They always showed Peyton Manning looking at pictures, as if he was the only one to ever do it. Since the suspension, Ben doesn’t get covered that way.

Make no mistake, he’s a leader on the field. Some of those players that left were great physically, but didn’t always run the right routes. Ben compensated for that by being one of the best all time adjusting after the play broke down.

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Before the line reaches out the door to make Ben a martyr. Did anyone stop and think for a minute that maybe Ben's approach on the radio show actually did have a negative effect on his teammates? If it wasn't a factor that he was seemingly alienating some of his teammates and it was no big deal like so many have argued. Why would he have to or choose to give up the show? It was no big deal, right? Can anyone admit that maybe there was at least a inkling of negativity that permeated throughout the locker room because of it? Is it also possible that upper management may have made a small suggestion that he give it up for the benefit of the team? I think there's probably a good chance of that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    How dare you say something that makes sense.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I try but sometimes the things I say don't even make sense to myself...:shrug:;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree with you. Ben's radio show did have a negative effect. Is it possible that Ben never intended his show to have a negative effect on his teammates, and pulled the plug because he realized it did?:shrug:

Ben cancelling his show is a positive thing. If you are going to complain about what Ben said on his show, then you aught to be willing to give him credit for taking steps to correct the situation. I'm at the point where I am convinced people will b!tch about Ben no matter what he does.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    One question before we make Ben an eagle scout what makes everyone think it was Ben who's idea it was to give it up? How do we know that people above him wanted him to stop it, didn't Tomlin or Colbert just say they wished Ben didn't have a radio show?

I don't give a rats a$$ about who's idea it was I for one am glad it is shut down. Now there is more time for Ben to plan his family vacation during OTA's.........:shrug: Shouldn't the leader be there with his kids??????

Also let me point something out just cause we criticize Ben don't mean we hate him. I know how important a franchise QB is I remember the Malone and Brister days. Just cause some of us point out things don't mean we hate him we are just looking at both side unlike some others. jmo:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Most of my comments where directed at those who couldn't fathom Ben's comments having a negative effect. Cancelling the show is a positive thing but do we really know who orchestrated it. For all we know it was management so I'm not willing to erect a statue for the move. Still a positive either way I agree. I'm not one of those people who will ***** about Ben no matter what he does....but I'm not the kind of person that will turn a blind eye to the things he does wrong either. I just call it like I see it. I like to follow the breadcrumbs and base my opinions off of that. It was a bigger deal than people want to admit and I've been arguing that point since the Denver Under The Bus Tour. Recent signs like canceling the show only seem to back my argument. It wasn't decided to give it up for no reason....no matter who's decision it was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Seriously if grown men can't handle a player criticizing them even publicly than they have bigger issues than Ben.

I'm not sure what economic sector people here work in, but if you get slighted by every comment that doesn't stroke your ego in what I work in you will be tuck tail between legs and gone in a week.

It's possible Rooney suggested it. Doesn't really matter as he doesn't have it now.

Which shows leadership.

He could have grown a mustache, dyed it blonde, and forced the Steelers to trade him. He didn't

Because he's a

L E A D E R ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The guy is about my age, so yeah we're 'old' now and need to save the 'arm'.

I don't have an issue of the old man taking a bit of time off while the rest of the team goes over the fundamentals of how to play NFL football.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It doesn't show leadership. It shows his approach during his radio show wasn't in the best interest of the team because if it was he'd still be doing it. Curious as to if in your line of work the criticism you may receive has the chance of being heard by millions of people? It's just easier to accept the fact his criticism was in poor taste and the best decision was to eliminate the cause of the controversy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You must be blind when you open yours. Even James Harrison, the biggest basher we have now, says he was

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well in fairness Harrison is only a basher when he doesn't say what people want to hear. Not singling you out but I find it funny how people lean on someone in the medias opinion when it's in line with their thinking as well but when it's different that person is a ( insert insult here) and don't know what they're talking about.
    What Harrison actually said though was that Ben seemed like a leader to him because they had that relationship. He also went on to add that others without such a relationship may feel different. His opinion was based on his experience with Ben...just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  25. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A couple of things:

I don't really see giving up the radio show as a sign of leadership. It's more likely a conclusion by Ben that it's not worth the trouble and aggravation and it doesn't serve his purpose.

It's also a typical Ben passive aggressive action. Hey, I did my bit to improve the team culture I gave up the radio show, you guys all thought was a problem. Get on someone else's back.

Lastly, the only complaint about the radio show came from AB as he tried to justify his get-more-money exit strategy. Ben's done this show for years. I never recall before ABs tantrum, anyone being upset by it. He called out other players on his show, to give them a kick in the rear. And most people here thought THAT was leadership.