1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How mad would you be with.......

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 26, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Something like this.......

1. AJ Brown WR miss. AB replacement. Gives Ben weapons. Helps out juju and moncrief. MT just said he wants volunteers and not hostages. AJ said he would be our new AB. Only us fans are dead set on defense. MT wanted our offense to outscore people last year, I don't think that will change since we have ben.

2. Trayvon Mullen CB clem. Replacement for sensabaugh. Haden down the road.

3. Darnell Savage S Maryland

3. Chase Winovich OLB Mich. Dupree eventual replacement.

4. David Long jr. LB WVU learn from barron.

5. Alize Mack TE ND lots of upside.

6. Charles Omenihu DE Tex.

6. Miles Gaskin RB Wash. Tough runner. Steal at this spot.

6. Daylon Mack DT Tex. A&M finally replace mccullers.

7. Kendell Shefield CB Ohio St. With his injury at the combine he could be shelved for a year. Would be a steal this late and future need.

Not all top of the heap stars in most people's minds but all were good players that could shine sooner rather than later. This is more of what I think the Steelers could do than what I want, but wouldn't complain much. This draft is loaded with potential clear through the end.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I could definitely handle that class

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    It's a good draft for sure but I'm not sure I see some of those guys falling that far in the 3rd 5th and 6th.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Actually I think a couple could swap spots and make it doable. Winovich and Mullen could probably swap. Just depends on who is ranking these guys for needs. There is a lot of talent in this draft and only so many slots. I think a team could still find good players even after this one is over. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm starting to like Winovich. He's got plenty of athleticism and he's a tough guy.

Him and Watt together could be a beautiful thing. Just pounding people. We gotta get back to being the "Steelers".

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Not a fan of the first 3 picks at all. I like Winovich, Savage and Mack. Nothing against AJ Brown, but its more the position. Really I hope they go CB or TE in the first (in that order). Not a fan of Bush or White when Pratt can be had in the 2nd. And will probably be better anyways. If they go WR in the first I'll probably stroke out.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    LOL well don't stroke out my friend. It will be ok. We could use one. They have met with many of the top wrs. I think the 2nd may be high for pratt. They also met with oruwariye, which I think will be a good corner. This is a tough draft to call. I can't see them going one two on backups. TE and CB I believe would be. The thing about a TE is will it take samuel off the field as a weapon. As I said this draft is a tough call. We could go many ways. I think with all the drama, Ben will get a top toy, or new kid if you like.:smiley1: LB is a need for sure. We lost or will lose two corners and have replaced one. We lost 3WRs and have replaced one. DE we need one.

I see;

ILB x 2
    DE
    WR
    CB
    RB
    TE
    Interior OL with center capability.
    S
    OLB

10 spots with 10 picks make it happen kev. :cool:

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah well I doubt they use all 10 of those picks.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    So do I but we actually could go fill needs.:cool:

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with this, the WR class is deep we better not go there in the first. I also think Pratt could be there at 2nd but some don't :shrug: and also agree with him defiantly being better than Bush. I am not sure about White cause I only watched a little on him cause I figured he was way out of our range. Now if taking a WR stops us from drafting Bush sign me the eff up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lolol:

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    and double dip at a few positions of higher need to help the chances of getting a significant contributor.

And yes, they have visited a lot of the top WRs. Which is making me nervous :lolol:. I'd be happy if they got Whiteside-Arcega, Keelan Doss or Antoine Wesley and skip the WR pick in the first 2 rounds. I think Whiteside could be had in the 3rd and Doss/Wesley in the middle rounds. All 3 are big targets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    What I want.

1. Brian burns. If we have to give our 1 and a 2 next year and a 3 this year.
    2. Darnell Savage.
    3. David Long Jr.
    4. Many ways to go from here.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll be in the hospital bed right next to you. I personally would flip on the CB and TE order if one of the two TEs are available. There are some good corners projected to go 2 or later and I feel we could take a FS if our CB isn't there in round 2. I'm still concerned with handing 500 snaps over to Grimble. One of the Iowa boys,especially Fant would provide another option in the passing game. He is basically a WR anyway with the way they used him at Iowa. A two TE set with both McDonald and Fant or Hock opens a world of possibilities. I'm not worried at all about the possibility of taking Samuels off the field because there is a very slim chance we will see both RBs on the field at the same time. I know Samuels is versatile and maybe a little TE capable but he will never take the place of a true TE that can both block and catch.

NEs offense with Gronk and Hernandez were just about to take the league by storm until Hernandez lost his **** and ended up being a POS himself. They've tried more than a few times to try and get back to that. The thing is we have a chance to emulate that to some extent. There are no better security blankets than two 6'5 250+lb TEs that can catch and are fast and RAC monsters. RZ options would be ridiculous and very hard to stop.

• Like Like x 1
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm starting to like Irv Smith somewhat over Fant. Fant had 13 drops the last 2 years and only 4 contested catches. Smith is a little better blocker right now but not quite the athlete Fant is, but still good in the passing game. Smith would be a 2nd rounder if they go defense in the first. Fant should be a 1st rounder for sure. I still like a lot of the TEs who should be available in the 3rd and 4th.

To your point though, two legit receiving weapons at the TE position would be nice and wouldn't mind any of those 3. TE position is deep this year imo.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I watch quite a bit of Bama so I've seen a lot of Irv Smith. I like him as well but I think in the third or later. He is pretty good in the passing game but it seems like most of his catches come from him being lost in the shuffle, especially with their WRs. I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few of their guys next year. Accounting for their weapons at WR makes Smith almost worth not covering at all :smiley1: They are legit. Back to Smith /Fant....Smith is a good receiving TE but he hasn't been used like Fant has. Coming out of the backfield, lots of motion stuff and even athletic enough for some bubble screens. I'd be ok with Smith. I'd be more comfortable around the 5th where Moreau is expected to go and in that case would take Moreau. Smith reminds me of Grimble. I think Fant and Hock are much better.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Reboot:

1. Julian love cb ND
    2. Darnell Savage S Mary.
    3. David Long Jr. LB wvu
    3. Chase Winovich OLB mich.
    4. Myles Boykin WR ND
    5. Alize Mack TE .ND
    6. Charles Omenihu DE Tex.
    6. Myles Gaskin RB Wash.
    6. Kendall Sheffield CB OSU
    7. Ben Burr-Kirvin LB Wash.

:cool:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Sold! However, I’d bet that Winovich is gone by the end of the 2nd, and Omenihu by the end of the 3rd.

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Sold with Love in the 1st? I like him but not at #20. Be like drafting Edmunds in the 1st last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Sold with the overall crop of players

20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope you are joking lol. I see bust all over him. reminds me of Alonzo Jackson and Jason worilds. to be fair though worilds retired before he hit his prime

21. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Whoa, you really don't like that guy.

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

You may be one of the few.:cool:

23. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    What makes you think he’ll be a bust? I’m assuming you were talking about Burns. I’m not sure I’d give up that much for him, but I can see giving up one of our 3rds.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    To move up in the first is expensive. It's swapping our 1st, our 3rd this year and a 2nd next year to move 5 spots. It's really a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year.

This is assuming he makes it down that far which I think he will. We have to chase Jackson and Mayfield around twice a year each. Burns would be a good guy to do that with tj. :cool:

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Reboot again.

1. Brian Burns olb fsu
    2. Darnell Savage S mary.
    3. David Long Jr LB wvu
    3. Myles Boykin WR nd
    4. Alize Mack TE nd
    5. Charles Omenihu DT tex.
    6. Myles Gaskin RB Wash.
    6. Kendall Sheffield CB OSU