1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tape on Devin Bush and Chase Winovich

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mcam, Mar 24, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Have been having some fun reviewing tape. Bush might be overrated as a top 15 pick, but the guy is still good for the Steelers to target if they don't have to give up too much IMO.

CHASE WINOVICH; however, looks very impressive also. The guy is in deep on just about every play, and is a handful on the pass rush.

Here are some videos for anyone interested..

The poster on youtube has a slew of them. Pretty awesome to see.

Winovich doesn't seem to have the prototype speed, but the guy has his head in the game being disruptive.

Bush does need a lot of work in play recognition, taking on blocks, and one surprise IMO is tackling.

I no longer think he's worth moving up beyond #15 to grab. I do still hope he falls for the Steelers to grab him though.

I like Winovich also if he would happen to be available in later rounds. Probably too much to hope there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I watched the first two clips you posted and have to ask do the rest get better? I expected to see him jump out on these but he really didn't on the first two.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Dosen't stick out to me. After watching this I don't think I would move up for him. White from LSU seems so much better. I was expecting more from him with all the draft hipe about him.

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont watch Michigan so I wont pretend to know alot about them. I did however watch them in the bowl game against south Carolina. They didnt really impress in that.

Bush looked like he had trouble getting off blocks

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    It's no secret I am not a Bush fan, the guy plays on the wrong side of the LOS vs NFL caliber players. Great he is fast that only means he can catch the guy downfield. Not a fan and at 20 and to trade up for him will totally ruin my draft night. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't follow CFB that much, so this is the first time I've seen him in action - thanks for posting.

Also agree with some others that he doesn't look all that spectacular, especially given how much he's been talked up. Maybe I've just missed the key plays?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bush is no shazier and winovich is more chickillo than watt.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I don't know. I guess I could pull up Chickillo's vids to compare, but besides the hair I don't see much similarities.

Winovich is more impressive in these videos than Bush. He's disruptive, using his hands, and is around the ball carrier an awful lot. Plays with a good motor and generates a pass rush.

Whether he can do that in the NFL is yet to be seen, and yeah he is not a TJ Watt. I feel confident in saying that. I would be looking at Winovich if he fell to the 3rd round big time though.

9. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    watch him in the bowl game. I am saying that because that is the only game I seen. he wasn't impressive at all. south Carolina is far from a power. I aint saying judge him off one game. I am asking to see if you see something in that game you didn't see in the others?

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Are you talking Winovich or Bush? Might have to get back to that. Have to be productive elsewhere lol

12. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I was talking about winovich. But Bush didnt impress in that game either