1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Prospect visit tracker

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 2, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Pretty interesting both Colbert and Tomlin....hmmm

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Long is pretty good. So is jennings. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

long is quite good. I would love to double dip with him being one of the LBers. Jennings is one of the wrs I wouldn't mind us getting. I have seen a lot of both. :cool:

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Honestly speaking, should both Devin's be gone by pick 20, which is becoming more and more likely by the day, I will not be surprised if Pittsburgh pounces on Mack Wilson for pick 20. Is he worth a top 20 pick?! No. Has that stopped Pittsburgh from making controversial choices before?! Not a chance.

Major thing going for him is he lines up with all the criteria for a Steelers Defensive Player selected in the First Round under Tomlin;

1. Power Five Conference
    2. Underclassmen
    3. Well within the age range of 20-23
    4. Versatile
    5. Elite Athlete or athleticism (Not Ryan Shazier but players like him are what I classify as "Wind Up Toys". Special thanks to @Blast Furnace for giving me this term)

If he is not in play, some mocks contiually have Brian Burns falling to the Seahawks. Keep in mind that Justin Houston is now an Indianapolis Colts player. Add the fact that Bud Dupree is likely not going to live up to his potential unless Quarterbacks are dropping nine yards back and Burns seems to be a good fit as well. Major issue is that answer is yet to be determined since Florida State's Pro Day is not until March 28th; seven days from now.

Final option would be Byron Murphy. Among the choices that Pittsburgh will have, he might be the most difficult. Not so much because he can not play. Rather, how much of a beating can he take?! Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Definitely have talked to some first round wrs too aql.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Both good players.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like him also.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    If Bush and Wilson are our options I am glad I will be on vacation, however I may need a new set of clubs after I throw them in the water.........:rant::rant::rant:

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    UMass WR Andy Isabella is scheduled for a visit. On the small side but you can't disregard the talent. He'd be a tough one to cover.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Terribly underrated. He is just not a slot receiver. He can definitely survive on the outside.

Me and PFF don't always agree and I'm not quite as high as them but I believe they may have Isabella ranked as the #1 receiver.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    He had a big Senior Bowl and opened a lot of eyes

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Pittsburgh has met with both Jamal Davis II and Ulysses Gilbert III at Akron's Pro Day. Here are their Pro Day Results:

Ulysses Gilbert III:

40 Time: 4.46

Vertical: 39.5 inches

Broad Jump: 126 inches.

Bench Press: 20 reps

Three Cone: 6.94 sec.

Jamal Davis II:

40 Time: 4.6

Vertical: 39 inches

Broad Jump: 122 inches

Short Shuttle: 4.44 sec

Three Cone: 7 sec. flat

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Come on man you know Isabella is going to get drafted by the Patriots :roflmao:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    They met with Marquise Brown?

Oh my freaking LORD let that be a smoke screen.

I wonder how the Devin White interview went... "Hey we like you a lot but no way we'll be able to get ya. Thanks for flying the whole way here to let you know that"

I also wonder where Devin BUSH is on this list.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I wish I was a fly on the wall to hear the Jachai Polite interview.

I can hear Tomlin apologizing to him for showing him his bad plays instead of stroking his ego with only the good.

The guy is good for a 3rd round pick tops.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...hecks-out-benny-snell-jr-at-kentucky-pro-day/

I know some won't like this cause of his 40 time but late 3rd or 4th I like this guy. My only concern if when I was watching him in his bowl game and he set the school rushing record he looked a little cocky. After all we just went through I do have concerns about "me" type players but liked what I saw from him running the ball.

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Bush would be high on the panic pick list.:smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Kinda like the Troy Edwards pick??????

• Like Like x 1
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I have been a fan all along of this kid. At least his on field play. The off field person I haven't looked at much so I don't know. He's a hard good rb. Not sure we get one where he would be spotted but ya never know.:cool:

21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah tbh I'm pretty exhausted by those types. I think many Steelers fans are. I'm completely cool with taking more character into account. Find good players that ALSO have good attitudes. Should be a priority.

This should be filtered out in the interview process.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    They're eyeing up the projected 3rd to 7th round picks to be selected in the 1st lmao

Why oh WHY do I feel they are picking a no name prospect with the 1st?

Because they do it every year? :roflmao:

I've been a supporter of Colbert, but the charity event of giving all the other teams the good players has to stop lol. Come on Colbert make me a believer again lmao

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Colbert at Texas pro day. CB, fast LB, wr, DE. He was also at Texas A&M pro day tue..:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Some interesting stuff:

The fact that Colbert chose to attend the Texas pro day on Wednesday instead of going to the Florida pro day is a bit of a surprise. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin isn’t reportedly with Colbert at the Texas pro day, however.

[​IMG]
    Jori Epstein

✔@JoriEpstein

Longhorns LB Gary Johnson met with Cowboys at combine. They liked that he was familiar with scheme, said he could be three-down back. Johnson also talking with Steelers, Dolphins, Texans

6:33 PM - Mar 27, 2019

I know Johnson opened eyes at the combine he might have gotten our attention huh?

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Pittsburgh also look set to meet with Kentucky defensive back Mike Edwards for what could be either a private workout or a pre-draft visit, according to a report from Justin Melo os SB Nation.

[​IMG]
    NFL Draft Bible@NFLDraftBible

Temple pro day: 28 NFL teams in attendance: confirmed ARZ; ATL; BAL; BUF; CHI; CIN; CLE; DET; GB; IND; JAX; LAC; MIA; NE; NO; NYG; NYJ; OAK; PHI; PIT; SEA. Make sure you follow our contributor @drewschweitz for updates. #TempeTuff

The Indianapolis Colts, Tampa Bay Bucs, New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers were four of the teams who had wide receiver coaches on hand for the workout. The receiver workout was run by Nick Caserio of the New England Patriots.”

“The team’s other defensive lineman, Immanuel Turner, also performed well, timing the 40 between 4.97 to 5.01 after weighing in at 309 pounds. Turner, who has 14 official pre-draft visits, met with the New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders today.”

According to veteran beat writer Jim Wexell of Steel City Insider, new defensive coach Teryl Austin workout out defensive backs Justin Layne, Khari Willis and Trayvon Mullen at the Michigan State Pro Day on Monday. Also reporting that Layne had met with Mike Tomlin at the NFL Scouting Combine a few weeks earlier. Willis apparently met Tomlin at the Senior Bowl and defensive backs coach Tom Bradley at the combine as well.