1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018

Do this people think he lost? So what's makes the people on this board better than them?

• Like Like x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    These people are in a whole too?

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh ffs :facepalm:

Forget it dude.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

I said from the start based on what I saw several hall of Famers and analysts say on various networks, long as he gets more upfront guranteed money that what the Steelers offered he won because no matter what happens going forward he gets that money. It's clear football is not what's the most important thing to him like some of the others who played with love and passion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This is why English professors should be more important than athletes.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Because of course almost everyone here thinks he did. This is a Steelers board. Any fanatic who loves their team especially one that has the cache like Pittsburgh would try to diminish any player that basically openly disrespected their organization. Just like fans of the jets think he did the right thing. Why? Because hes on their team. So who's right between the two? The thing is like I've admitted on several occasions I dont love any team as much as some of you all do. I'm a fan of the game first and definitely dont support these billionaire owners trying to protect themselves when the players people pay to watch earn pennies on the dollar compared to them. I get it in the regular world that's the reality of owner vs employee BUT for the most part in the real world the employee is not the reason for the success of the product and the attention the product gets. For example do you go to the grocery store you go to because a particular cashier works in there? No you more than likely go because that's the store that you like. There is a fact that several people will support and watch certain teams just to see certain players. Watch how many more people watch Cleveland now because of Odell. The Cavaliers were must see TV with lebron and now they are a moribund franchise again. You have people that literally follow players wherever they go. They are in a unique situation in comparison to a regular job.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Who's is easier to replace? They can find another English teacher. Let's see if we can find another AB that produces and puts up the production the way he did. That is why they paid the way they do and others dont. And teachers imo are vastly overrated in regards to their importance. All they are doing is teaching you something they learned from books and information around the world that with the access of the internet these days you could learn on your own. If you can at least read and comprehend you should be able to teach yourself the same things they are trying to teach you. You cant teach some of the things they athletes do. They for the most part have God given abilities. That's why the chances of being in their position is far slimmer than that of a teacher.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not even close. Almost everyone says he gambled on himself and lost badly.

Plus you are moving the goalposts when you know damn well he wanted 50 million guaranteed, 17 million a year and to set a new market for RB's. Which of course, he didn't come close to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You can go back to my old posts from a long time ago. I said long as he gets more than what was it 10 million gurnateed at signing? Long as he got more than that he won because that's money in the bank he got no matter what happens. I said PERSPECTIVELY speaking like I saw many on TV mention, if you want to say he lost because he didnt reset the market and all that other nonsense than I agree with that but like many on TV said that was never a realistic expectation. Had he played last yr most on TV assumed he still wasnt getting that payday. I mean anyone should aim as high as possible as it only takes ONE team to sign you to that deal. Plus it was also reported whether true or not that many OWNERS didnt like how he did the Steelers and think he now has given more guys the license to holdout. He stated himself he didnt even know he could holdout the whole season until like a week before the deadline. So now that the loophole has been discovered more players will follow suit and it kills the owners because the tag will rise that 2nd year after the holdout essentially forcing their hand to not re tag the players as your taking up cap space for no reason. Like many people on TV said idk how anyone who just got 25 million gurnateed lost anything and I completely concur with that statement. If that's just a consolation prize for what he really shot for then I'm sure anyone would have jumped on that in a 2nd. Hell a lot of you here were saying you couldn't turn down 14.5 million guranteed so?

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, actually he went through this whole thing for 3 million more dollars. Which will be negated by living in a higher state tax.

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it really isn't. I'm a fan of the team. That is my investment. If you aren't invested, why are you here?

This really seems like a problem for you. If you don't want to talk about Bell anymore, why are you on this thread? Is it just to argue? Is it to defend Bell? You don't like the criticism of him so you want to shut it down? Why would that be? Why are you so concerned by people on this board criticizing him? Why are you invested?

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You spend a lot of time whining about something you don't care about. You are so hurt by what I'm posting that you actually put in time researching what you think I do for a living (you don't have it quite right).

Your argument is that I can't criticize somebody who makes more money than me? If you believe that, it is well past time that you walked away because everyone on that team and here makes more than you.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why are you having discussions with people whose opinions you don't value? Is it because you're lying? Is it because you're an idiot? Either possibility fits the evidence, but it is one of those two.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    And the hole just keeps getting deeper.

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Then, please, learn on your own! Punctuation, spelling, pronunciation. Otherwise, you're going to end up sounding like Shannon Sharpe or Deion Sanders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    True. To quote my dear, departed father, "You spend all that money, send 'em to school and all they do is eat the teacher!"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So somebody who relies on a special gift from G-d has more to say of value than someone who has to work and study to build a career? That's your thinking?

How does it feel to go through life as a sycophant?

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    As a teacher, I hear opinions like FootballSycophant's foolishness from students all time time. Sometimes they throw it at me. More often they are criticizing some other teacher. It is almost always in service of their need to blame someone else for their own failings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He's so far under your skin he could be you for Halloween.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Well, there is some frightening imagery.

In all honesty, I really am embarrassed for the guy. I've been a football fan for a long time and I can be quite passionate about the Steelers, but I've never been one to kneel at the alter of any athlete. I didn't worship Franco Harris, Joe Greene or John Stallworth or any of the great players who followed them in Black and Gold. I'm certainly not going to worship a talented idiot like Le'Veon Bell.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok everybody besides Formerscribe, how many of you knew this word before today? At Least I for one can learn something from the teacher today.

I grew upon the North Side. We didn't know sycophants. We definitely knew psychopaths.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I had no idea what it means. But I’m gonna go out on a limb let’s say it’s not good.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    When it comes to someone like that FootballSycophant98, the teacher in me really is disappointed when I come across somebody who is so incurious, so disinterested in learning. I try to learn something new every day, whether it be from my colleagues, my students, my family, my friends or from something I read.

I know there are plenty of people who don't value education, but I will never understand people who are proud of the way they cling to their ignorance.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I Goggled it. The dictionary used another word I never heard of to define it. I decided to stop while I was behind.

Just to keep this Steeler related:

The preseason schedule should be out in about 20 days. The regular season schedule should be out in about 29 days.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He works in the Pittsburgh media, I think he's a radio host.