1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mudslinging litmus test.. When Ben finally speaks poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Directly Calls Out Bell and Brown putting the blame on them

3.7%
  2. Indirectly Puts them Down Using Passive Aggressive Strategy

27.8%
  3. Professionally states players have an opinion and focuses on moving forward

51.9%
  4. States "No comment Next Question"

16.7%
  1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    This is a fun poll "litmus test" comparing public opinion to what actually happens when Ben finally responds to questions regarding Bell and Brown leaving partially due to him.

For those that don't know, Le'veon Bell just recently has stated Ben was a reason he did not re-sign with the Steelers also. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rs-reveals-how-close-he-came-to-signing-deal/

lol when EGOS clash.

What are you're thoughts on how Ben will respond. I'll try to post results when Ben finally does respond.

The poll closes in 2 months.

Does he act professional or continue the mudslinging to save face?

The ultimate test lmao

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I can't see him passing up a passive agressive opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    He's the master at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Media: Ben, now that you have signed a contract extension, do you think the Steelers can get to the Super Bowl before you call it a career?

Ben: Yes sir. There are a lot of character guys on this team, the defense should be improved, and most of the distractions that have plagued us the past few years are gone.

Media: Did you purposely fumble in a game back in 2014?

Ben: Pouncey's rear end was sweaty and the snap came out wet.

Media: What do you have to say about Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell's comments regarding your leadership?

Ben: Everyone goes through a maturation process and I believe I have demonstrated more leadership over the years. AB and LB have to go through that process as well.

Media: Will you continue to do your radio show and call players out?

Ben: Yes and no. Yes, I will continue to do the radio show. I will accept the responsibility for not using the best judgement and calling out teammates on the radio. I will have players over to my house, grill some steaks, and put the criticisms inside fortune cookies.

Media: Kevin Colbert called the players your 52 kids. Did you adopt Mason Rudolph and James Washington?

Ben: Sometimes you have to give kids tough love. JW is my guy now, just like AB was my guy. I believe Santa has adopted Rudolph legally.

Media: The next time you see Antonio Brown, what are you going to say to him?

Ben: Who? Seriously, AB was a great player for us. I would say we were good together.

Media: Any more questions.

Ben: Thanks see you in Latrobe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I hope its the move forward option, so we can actually you know, move on from those two. No need to continue the character bashing. Say it on the field with W's. That will be the biggest slap in the face, prove you can win without those two yahoos

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is hardwired with being passive-agressive. He won't be able to help himself.

7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    How are we able to move forward when that's all anyone wants to talk about on here

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He just calmly asks how many rings do they have?

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Pouncey and Foster have had enough aND are coming to Ben's defense. Pouncey is threatening to talk and have the real stories about Bell and Brown come out and watch them slink away.

• Like Like x 3
  10. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Bell screwed up when he didnt sign the $70mill deal and he knows it. Now he cant take responsibility for the money he lost and will never recover it. Win a SB if he had signed? Did we ever even win a playoff game with him in the line up?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Ha!

Pretty funny

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  12. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Ben: No comment

Tomlin: "Listen man, I'm not going to speak about it. I'm just focused on the guys that are here now. Obviously, we have to move on."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think that was Foster, but if he knew something, maybe he should have spoke up earlier and it could have been dealt with when it mattered. It serves no purpose now, except to put the organization in a bad light.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hines Ward Santonio Holmes Jerome Bettis and fast Willie Parker never bitched about him oh yeah they have Super Bowl rings too

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I believe Hines cut him down a time or two but also praised him often as well.

AB and Bell just seem like spoiled entitled brats who's feelings are hurt though.

Bell. "If I would have played we would have won the Superbowl". Oh' OK, there Playoff China Doll. Good riddance and have fun with the NY media when you fail miserably behind a pathetic Oline.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Me thinks Bell's feelings got hurt. Ben probably asked him to turn that crap down in the locker room and Bell was like but those are my beats. Seriously, I got to take Pouncey/Foster over AB/LB at this point.

I think Ben will just say they are both great players, sometimes you don't agree on things, moving forward.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Lets talk about something other than two idiots that were lanced from the team for the good of all. PS: Hope AB gets cloths lined by Burfect in practice and is out for the year. Bell is where he deserves to be. Its over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    That is easy for Bell to say now. Never heard a peep out of him about Ben prior to all this. It sucks to be bitter, even worse when it is your own fault. All you have to do is mention how much money Bell lost, and anything coming out of his mouth after that can't be taken seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    So it was worth losing millions of dollars to make a statement with Ben???? That is childish. Those guys screwed up and need to point the finger at someone. Ben is an easy target to throw mud towards to deflect it from them. Ben can shield himself with his 2 Super Bowl rings and 3 AFC Champion rings.
    AB and LB simply wanted money more than a ring and deserve the teams which they will be playing. They are used to not playing in late January.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ben will wait until they beat Cincy or somebody 55-24, when the offense has a big day, when Juju has 12 catches for 185, and Connor runs for 150. And he'll talk about how great it is to have the talented teammates he has, and how great it is to play with guys who want to win and want to be here.

That will be his passive aggressive backhanded swipe at the Killer Bs. Delivered as always eith plausible deniability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Now that these players are off the team, Ben's not going to take any shots in my opinion. He may be passive aggressive and sometimes dramatic but he is only concerned with The Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Interesting take thus far.. over 50% state a professional approach.

That was my selection also. We'll find out eventually