1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm talking about Bell compared to AB, I heard plenty of media guys say Bell wasn't a problem.

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The "qualifications" you claimed you have do not have nothing anything to do with sports so that does not enhance your credibility in that department at all. A professor at a college if that is who you are, isnt anybody special lmao and that has nothing to do with football. And your school comment is funny considering a guy like leveon, who you're critcizing, probably doesnt have the amount of education you claimed you have, and still is much more successful and relevant than you will ever be. So idk why you're pumping your chest out about that as if that's something to jump up and down about LMAO . So still again who are you to constantly try to question others in more successful positions in sports than your ever dreamed of having? And I lost according to who? Can you show me a statement, rulebook, or anything written that says my stance on what happened is incorrect and yours is. You are trying to play armchair psychologist and try to depict what you feel bell cares about when like I so eloquently stated if he cared about the stuff you think he did he would have never held out in the first place. He even said in his ESPN piece HE KNEW fans would have a problem with what he did but he didnt care as his concern was himself. Not unknown people such as yourself. Also I can link you to far more players saying he did the right thing than players saying he didnt so your stance on his reputation among players is wrong. The only front office people that mattered to him were those in NY. They obviously saw past it so theres that. The only players I heard currently that had any outspoken problems about him were steeler fans. The majority of the fans that had a problem with him were Steelers fans. All other fans have been begging him to come to their team for months now. And regarding the identity thing I'm not the one here constantly trying to question others in far more successful positions in sports than I am. I defer to those who are and echo their sentiments. Not go against them like I'm a somebody like you try to do. For example I can recall a segment from ESPN first take a few years back when the Pats lost to denver in the AFC championship. Skip Bayless, the ultimate Brady fan, got mad at belichick for firing his offensive line coach after the Pats let Brady get hit like 20 times. He claimed bill belichick tried to scapegoat the offensive line coach by firing him so it could look it was his fault. Stephen a Smith said to skip Bayless who the hell was he to questions someone with the football acumen, accomplishments, and standard of a bill belichick. Stephen a stated he was ok with the firing because bill belichick said so. That's the type of logic I follow. I defer to the decisions of those in more profound positions than I am currently in. That's why just about everytime I disapprove something the Steelers do I prefix my comments by saying "does so and so team do this in that situation". So again who are you to question anybody in the sports world?

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I love how a college professor thinks whatever he accomplished gives him the credibility to question a professional athlete on any thing as if his English degree had anything to do with sports lmao.. I cant wait for the next NFL head coach to be hired based on the fact that he was an English major lol.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    In this world I disagree because of how franchises do players. They will cut them in the drop off the hat or ask them to take pay cuts so it's wrong for guys in the event those things happen to try to secure their money the most secured way possible? They make pennies on the dollar compared to what the owners make.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yep! Put that $14.5M in his hand and then talk about whether or not he did the smart thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The whole holdout thing definitely was a distraction but based on what I heard several former players say the players palyed a roll in it. The publicly calling him out and then the whole cleaning out his locker thing added fuel to the fire.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Also I just did some research. English professors on average make among the lowest of all college departments respectively while only being higher than MUSIC. Lmao. So again I wouldn't be sticking my chest out like you are about sports or trying to question anybody in sports. You should be more concerned about trying to climb that list instead of trying to ridicule others in far more successful positions than yourself. Are you mr.bigchest 2.0? Lmao https://www.salary.com/articles/how-are-college-professors-paid/

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you a teenager. If you are no longer a teenager and you are relying on the word haters as part of your method of communication, I worry for you.

Bell screwed the Steelers. Maybe he had good reason for doing it, but that fact remains. This is a message board for Steelers fans. He is going to get criticism here and he deserves it.

The sad part is he really didn't get a benefit from what he did. The entire point of a message board is to discuss things like this. Why don't you understand that?

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Right now I'm not ridiculing someone more successful than me. I'm ridiculing you and what exactly have you accomplished? You graduated high school? Sure, that was probably quite difficult for someone with your limited capacity, so congratulations on working your way through that, but it really isn't that impressive of an accomplishment.

You really think being able to run with a football makes someone more knowledgeable? You really are lost.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think it's funny how the former Steelers are trying to shape things..... So Bell says that Ben won't throw to a player if he's mad.... that really doesn't jive with the numbers Mr Bell........ AB has over 100 receptions in 6 straight seasons.... and Bell complained about too many 'touches' so he had to save himself. Well, if that was really Ben being 'mad' at AB and Bell..... they sure seemed to benefit from it an awful lot. They both should really be sending Ben a gift basket for helping them inflate their stats into bigger better contracts, not trying to bite the hand that fed them for all those years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eon-bell-big-ben-a-factor-in-leaving-steelers

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm sure it's just a bunch of sour grapes and until I see otherwise I will hold on to my belief that, while Ben might be a dick, Ben is all about winning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I can't even bring myself to read or listen to anything Bell has to say at this point. He's the bad guy here. He hurt himself and his team because he is an idiot and he doesn't like how it looks, so he is trying to shift the blame elsewhere.

I'm sure Roethlisberger is jerk. We've seen plenty of evidence of that over the years, but Bell is responsible for his own actions. If he really threw a way a year in his prime and ended up getting less money even in part because he doesn't like Roethlisberger, he is an even bigger idiot than I previously thought.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Knowledgeable in the CONTEXT OF SPORTS. Also you completely glossed over what I said. I dont sit on here and ridicule anyone on a higher sports level than me in the confines of sports unless I'm using the opinion and facts of others within the sports world. I'm saying who are you try say anything about what leveon did based on what you PERSONALLY THINK. Who on here in the sports world did I try to argue against what they did by using my own personal opinion without providing the facts other high ranking members within the sports world did. And the guy leveon bell who "runs the football" is more successful and relevant than you will ever dream of being so again who are you question anybody in the sports world. I told you I only echo the sentiments of those within the sports world and never try to usurp their knowledge when I havent gotten to their level WITHIN the sports world. Like I said worry about trying to move up that list of the college departments salaries instead of trying to call people much more successful and relevant than you in the sports world and just life in general like leveon bell an "idiot".

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ben dislikes AB? When was that ever reported. Based on reports it would seem AB was the one with the problem with Ben more than the latter.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Wow then your life must be a complete and total failure. Because if you claim a guy who just got 25 million guranteed dollars didnt benefit at all, then a guy who spent probably at least 6 years of his life in college earning a masters, only to end up being a professor for a department that is close to dead last in earnings bypassing only music really really really really failed lmao.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I mean you all would have a point if it was just bell and AB who left on bad terms but like I saw other analysts point out it's more than just them. Hines ward who has no reason at all to say anything on numerous occasions have criticized ben's leadership, Sanders did and performed better without Ben, Ryan Clark made it an effort to mention that Ben is not a good leader while he criticized AB, it was reported Joey porter called him out in front of the whole team, and several former non steeler players( most who are hall of famers) have all publicly criticized Ben and says he conducts himself in ways they've never seen a franchise qb conduct himself. It cant just be that everybody is just out to get Ben for no reason when several people with different scenarios dealing with Ben have all pretty much echoed the same sentiments about him.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell is an idiot. No one here is saying he didn't do well for himself, its that he didn't come close to doing as well as he thought he would and ended up taking a worse deal.

He completely over valued himself. I told you that he was in for a rude awakening, told you that missing that much football is a bad thing when seeking a contract, not a good thing.

He had to crawl to a team that he said he wouldn't play for if they paid him a 100 million guaranteed.

Bell isn't going to starve but he misjudged the market for himself badly.

By the way, your attack on Scribe is a really bad look. Should abandon that. You're not in grade school anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I glossed over what you said because what you keep saying is stupid and you have proven you don't deserve any consideration based on who you claim to be or how you present your ideas here.

You are arguing against me. You are offering your opinion against mine. Based on your own claims, you are out of line doing so because you are nowhere near as accomplished as I am. That is my current reason for ridiculing you, the hypocrisy in your argument.

I'm more relevant than you. Based on what I've seen here, I am more relevant than you can ever hope to be. I make more money than you. I am far more educated than you. I also have experience working in sports journalism that you don't have. I shape the minds of young people. It saddens me to find one beyond help like yours, but I will endure. Given that my experience and accomplishment marks me as more relevant and successful than you, by your own claims, you should just slink away and feel ashamed for ever questioning me.

Do I really think that is right? Nope. I'm just showing you how ridiculous your argument is on this subject. It is absolutely comical that you actually believe the judgement of a proven idiot like Bell should not be questioned. I worry for you. I truly do.

19. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol Bell just trying to deflect from the fact that he overestimated his value and lost $14,000,000 last year.

I can’t wait for the marble mouth Shannon Sharpe to chime in. He loves to hate Ben lately and this is just more material for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Man,I can't believe this thread is still going ,and in the "Steeler" section to boot ,it even has the team Jets in the title:shrug:..

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    We're trying to make it last longer than Bell's career in New York. Right now Vegas give us a slight edge. I think the betters know how easily mcam and footballanalyst are triggered and are wagering on us keeping this alive.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont form my own opinions on here like I've stated so no you're not arguing against me. I only provide the opinions and echo the sentiments of those high ranking members of the sports world. So nope try again. You arent directly responding to my own PERSONAL opinion. And far more educated than me in what? Lmao English? What the HELL does English have to do with sports. Also you obviously failed as a sports journalist because that's a far higher level of employment than being an English professor at a college. Also I never claimed to have done more than you yet in my life as I havent even experienced life for its totality yet. I can't even go to the store yet to buy a bottle of alcohol lmao so? And I'm talking about you talking about the people like leveon who have done more than you. Not me lmao when I never ever gave my personal opinion pulled put my ass like you have here on numerous occasions where nothing you've done has ZERO to do with sports. And false actually. The college athletes on campus are far more relevant than the professors. They are the most relevant people on campus. Try again. You sound like skip Bayless lmaoooo. But at least he is someone getting paid to talk about sports. You are paid to teach English. Stick to what you know and stop trying to talk about any athletes period or disapprove anything anyone in the sports world says. They have nothing to do with your world Shakespeare lmao. Also there how many colleges in this world and how many English professors? You arent doing nothing more than other however many thousandths of them it is. Leveon is in a class of his own. You are not so dont compare what you've done to someone like hin.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First things first.
    Giant wall of text.

If you’re echoing and arguing in support of someone else’s opinion then you’re basically taking on that opinion for yourself.

How about not piggybacking on someone else’s work and try standing on your own two feet?

Last thing, you’re outmatched against @Formerscribe

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If you want to piggyback on opinions from great minds, you should quote mine. However, I have to warn you that my copyright permission fees are steep.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bragging about not being able to form your own opinions on a message board with a lot of intelligent people makes you look bad.

Those people you refer to as high ranking tend to look like low life to the educated members of this board. Looking up at the bottom also makes you look bad.

I assume you must be capable of thinking somewhat on your own or you wouldn't still be in college. Give it a try.

• Like Like x 2