1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben fumbled on purpose. Lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I sill think Haslam can screw up anything!

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree he can.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

:goofy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    They fired their head coach and OC in mid-season. Not a sign of getting it right.
    I think they have to demonstrate the change, not merely the potential.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    After watching the tape coupled with the comment about the eye rolling I actually think Ben did do it on purpose...

A few key factors is Ben didn't have the ball in tight as he would if not handing it to the first back and he didn't have the ball extended to hand it to him ...He was also looking at the TB when the ball came out ,Ben's first move was to the ground and away from the fumble ...IMO that move is crucial as when most players make a mistake like that it is instinctive to try and get back on the ball...

His non effort to recover coupled with holding the ball in no mans land leads me to believe he did indeed do it on purpose ..I wished some of the Reporters would follow up and get other players from that huddle to comment ...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If Ben wanted to prove a point, he'd just audible the play, or fall to his knees. This is asinine.

Josh Harris, a man who never fails to find a racist responsible for his own failures, who believes there was a conspiracy to keep him from being drafted, who believes he was black balled in the NFL for... reasons. And who calls any journalist who ever criticizes or disagrees with a black player a racist. THIS is the guy we're supposed to give credibility to?!?!

10 years later, mind you.

We're living in bizzaro world now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Main stream sports just found out about this today and my YouTube news feed is FILLED with commentary on it. I love Shannon Sharpe but he's in his glory. The man has an unhealthy obsession with hating Ben and this gives him another weeks worth of material.

But like you said......just take an f'ing knee. Like a lot of the discussions around here, if you just apply common sense, a lot of questions are answered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Didn't you see the shooter on the grassy knoll? He took Ben out.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Also, history has shown that Ben really doesn't have a filter. He would have said he did it at some point thinking it was a funny story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man this is hate on Ben month! Seriously?!

Who else on the team hates Ben, AB can't be the only one right?

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If Ben wanted to fumble, handing the ball to Josh Harris probably would have gotten the job done.;+)

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ooops. Can the silly nutters out there give this dumb story up now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    This story is the most absurd I've ever heard and is a prime example of why I watch/listen to ZERO NFL media in 2019.

Somebody (a nobody actually) says something and every media runs with it as if true. No evidence. Unprovable.

I remember when I use to watch 16 hours of NFL coverage on Sundays and hours every day. I essentially only watch Steelers games and maybe the occasional good match up. The NFL and it's media is just a cess pool now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Thank you for posting this. Perfect explanation and camera angle to explain the play.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I can't believe anybody needed to post that, but some people's disdain for Roethlisberger has made them post some really stupid crap.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I honestly think as the negative "Ben" talk this offseason is people just trying to bring attention to themselves and/or get views for their TV program.

At this point, honestly I don't even give a s**t if he did it on purpose.

I don't think he did or would, but it's not like Ben is going out intentionally fumbling footballs. People are just bored/need material/attention and negative Ben talk sells apparently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    And now the response is "Suuuuuure.... LOLOL Ben "forgot."

You know. As if he's the only QB in the history of football to muff an exchange or turn the wrong way. As if we don't see that happen a half dozen times a season or more. (And that's just casual viewing. Not seeing every down of every game played)

But I guess every time it happens, the QB was doing it on purpose. I mean, they'd never forget the formation, or simply make a bone headed mistake, right? Especially not a "franchise" QB. :rolleyes::facepalm:

In fact, I'll bet you every wide or overthrown pass, and interception thrown into double coverage was intentional too!

And he shot JR! He framed Roger Rabbit! He faked the moon landing! HE let the dogs out. And he messed around with Jim!

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I like it. He's been quiet this whole time! Maybe he goes out and gets his 3rd and the teams 7th this year because of it!

Just so he can get on the podium and say "I guess I'm not a good enough leader!"

Funny how this all started with 2 guys getting caught with weed, then an aging vet not getting the playing time he though (many here as well) he should get. Then 2 guys upset over contracts, so they act out and get themselves out...somehow that's all Ben's lack of leadership!

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :facepalm:

Why is this even a topic nationwide?! Like seriously?! Of all the abrasive issues with the Steelers at present, why is Big Ben now, yet again, the one with the target on his back?!

Let it go media... seriously.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm just glad to see players come to his defense and leaving egg on the faces of on all the sport talk shows.

And Josh Harris getting destroyed.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

Who?!

25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    exactly