1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I disagree with the signing bonus but I agree with your premise that this is why the team didnt want to give him that money but my thing is how is a player wrong for wanting to go elsewhere to another team that would have possibly gave him what he was seeking?

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You lost badly, so you're going back to attacking my identity. Sorry bubba. That just isn't good enough.

This is an anonymous message board. Your identity away from the board is meaningless here, as is mine. Both of us could simply lie and make up whatever qualifications we want and the other couldn't prove them wrong.

That means you have to win arguments based on knowledge and skill. Given that you have very little of either, I do understand why that is frustrating for you. You are like a 195-pound high school kid trying to line up against Cameron Heyward. You are comically, hopelessly outmatched.

I don't use big words to try to enhance my credibility. I post how I speak. I have an extensive vocabulary. I'm an English teacher with a Master's degree and 13 years of experience as a professional journalist. You claim to be a college student. If we believe how we each present ourselves, there is no shame for you in being outmatched. I'm sorry that it is so difficult for you to keep up with my vocabulary. By the way, the words is soliloquy. You butchered the spelling and you misused it.

I'm not talking about Bell's standing among Steelers fans. I'm talking about his standing in the NFL community, among players, former players, coaches, front office people, analysts and fans. I'm talking about everybody paying attention. The way to gain the respect of those people is success on the field and there is no question Bell hurt himself in that area by throwing away an entire season in his prime. That is inarguable among the sane and the only thing that is asinine is your inability to accept that. (Well, that and you keep using words you can't even spell.)

It is clear you don't even understand half of what you read on these threads. If you really are a college student, perhaps you should spend more time in class. You seem to need all the help you can get.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    God this thread is mind numbing. Do the people who think Bell made the right decision realize that there are insurance products available to address catastrophic injury risk for athletes? It’s called loss of value insurance. Lloyd’s of London is one of the companies that offers it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The irony of this sentence being in this post was just too much to pass up. :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Honestly, I didn't read that far. Some of what he posts is so foolish that it may actually cause brain damage.

I do love the irony some fool who thinks claiming to be a small-college athlete sitting out on a redshirt is impressive actually questioning my intellect.

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    For sure. Im probably better off not engaging some people on here but sometimes I just can't help myself. It's kind of fun but it does reach a point of being ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He just went about it in a really wrong way. For some people ethics and your word count for something. I’m one of those people. Bell is not.

9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No, it's called guaranteed money. Just because you don't want to pay the man or even Steelers don't want to pay him. Why, are you haters, having a problem with someone else doing so?! Let it go. Bell is happy, the jets are happy, and the Steelers are happy. So, why are you haters ... having a problem with the outcome? You didn't lose or make a dime out of this contract negotiation.

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Bell isn't happy, I guarantee it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, I’m a “hater” for pointing out another reason why he made a poor financial decision for his own security. Interesting.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. I'd bet money he is even embarrassed about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not sure he’s smart enough to realize this. He’s shown no signs.

14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Hopefully humbled.

He grossly overvalued himself. I guess we all do it to an extent, but he needed to take a step back and realistically look at the situation. He had 2 years to do it and he didn't. His agent either failed him or his ego got the best of him. In the end he lost $14M.

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Screenshot_20190319-201656_Chrome.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe he lost more than $14M. If the meteor a few think might possibly have landed on him didn’t, and he actually played last year without getting suspended, his salary and guaranteed money now would have been higher. His market would have been larger. He lost twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Go back and read what I posted. I'm calling out the "pay the man" crowd.

I've never been touting that noise, but I do understand why Bell did what he did, even though i don't agree with how he did it.

It's all in the posts for anyone that wants to step out of the ignorance lol

18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Only if he did not get injured ;)

OK I'm done picking on those that can't see the obvious.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s where the meteor came in. But hey, it was obvious.

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    If you're confused, just re-read what I posted.

It's a very simple concept actually. I tried to say it 15 different ways. Some people just can't get it apparently.

21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'll post it again to help you out.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell wasn't a bad locker room guy.

23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'd be embarrassed too if I were him or AB... But I'm not a narcissist or feel entitled or have any particular cards to play, be them via agent or Twitter support in order to drum up enough empathy to validate any cause I might have personally or otherwise. At the end of the day, I believe they both have talked themselves into believing they got what they or someone else wanted and I believe both sh!t in the beds they sleep in come time they leave the building. Just my opinion but it seemed one fell far short of self worth while betting on himself, while the other drummed up BS to take some smoke off of the fires he's been starting.

Neither ultimately put team first but damn they both gave us some great memories (highlights/stats) while playing for the team. Sad to see em go and am personally embarrassed for them both in the fashion they chose to move on. Couldn't win it all with em and will be interesting to see if the cohesiveness of the team returns without them. GO STEELERS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Steelers :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    When you cause a locker room questions (after practice and after games) via suspensions and holdouts... Allowing some mates that said he'll be back at such and such time, look hopeful/misinformed/And then ultimately according to some (themselves included) like Liars, you become a bad locker room guy. When you put your **** above the teams **** you become a bad locker room guy. That's after the lax approach to game walk throughs and things of that nature.

I get it, different times and different minds and all but it is what it is and it ain't exactly an aim small miss small scenario. Some of these guys ain't to rubbed right by these d!ck noses and their approach to ****.