1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's funny people can't understand a very basic concept.

The issue wasn't "he didn't want the ball." The issue was the Steelers would have given him 27 touches a game on average. DEFINITELY getting their money's worth.

I love the Steelers, and I loved watching Bell run for them. I wish he just signed the long-term deal last year. I understand though why he's concerned with injury taking on that kind of workload.

NO one has been the cowbell RB that Bell has been in this league pretty much since he came into it.

I respect his decision. I only wish he'd of communicated and gone about it better last year.

He was a big time free agent with an NFL that is known for overpaying free agents usually with everyone and his mom talking about him last year. Great advertisement.

Ultimately it didn't work as planned, but it still worked out.

I would have loved to know what the Steelers offered him this year. Whatever it was it had Bell "torn" lol

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Regarding the bold, that's the funny thing you STILL don't get.

THE ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS REGARDING BELL SITTING OUT TO NOT RISK GETTING AN INJURY.

Without that, you're right YES I have no argument, because it IS the argument.

Wow some people are dense lol

What we've been discussing is not a prove or disprove situation. It's a basic risk assessement.

I believe Bell has more of a risk playing NFL running back for the Steelers getting 27 touches on average a game.

You believe Bell has just as much of a risk slipping on wet grass mowing the lawn or something.

I clearly disagree lol

The idea of waiting until 310 touches with the Jets to prove the point is also silly and ridiculous. Ki-Jana Carter had a devastating injury his whole 3rd carry of preseason. It hit Gayle Sayers near the end of his career.

All it takes is one run of landing weird.

Here's a fun list of RBs who ended up with career ending injuries playing football. https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/09/nfl-running-back-careers-ruined-by-injury/earl-campbell

Some pretty good names on that list.

3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Um, wow. Very revealing post. If you're interpreting that the second post of mine as stating that jet skiing and basketball are more dangerous than football, you're lacking some very basic comprehension skills. I really do see why this is going no where.
    Um, yeah, okay, you win. You're right.......:goofy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    At least we agree I'm right lol

5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Aaaaaand you've proven that you are clueless when it comes to risk assessment. Especially when weighed against cost. You're completely lost.

:noose:

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    We can review the basics for you again if you'd like. But first get back to me on the 15 so questions you side stepped lol

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No thanks. You're stuck in first grade math. Im doing college level calculus stuff. You explaining it to me would be like a caveman telling Neil Armstrong what its like to walk on the surface of the moon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Gee, officer Krupke,
    we're down on our knees.
    'Cause no one wants a fella
    with a social disease...….."

10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I can't help but laugh at how stupid a human being can be with basic math skills. Le'Veon accomplished NOTHING in this deal. NOTHING. Had he got the Gurley contract, then yes. Had a collected the 14.5 million he was due to get paid this last year, WITH this current Jets contract, yes. But none of that happened. None. He lost one of the most prime years for a running back, got a deal that was the same if not worse than what the Steelers had for him.

What makes me laugh through all of this is Le'Veon Bell was a Pittsburgh Steeler, who's teammate was Ryan Shazier. The Steelers took care of Shazier after a CAREER ending injury. What were the chances Bell would sustain a career ending injury like that? About the same as getting the deal he really wanted, IE: Todd Gurley deal.

It was a HORRIBLE decision. If I were him I would fire his agent and have enough balls to come out and say he made a mistake. But he is too stupid to do that.

Worse, he is going to a team now that has one of the worst offensive lines in football, with a QB who is still learning how to play, with an OK defense and a head coach who looks like he does meth during the week.

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    His agent had a deal with the Steelers last year or 2017 and Bell rejected it. Its not the agent's fault if the client doesn't know what a good deal is.

12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Agent's job is to make sure his client is advised in the best situation possible. If I am Bell's management, I'm tell Bell you and your agent failed.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Another old timer :lolol:

My sister had this movie on all. the. time. I have to admit though, I thought the Jets were cool.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Damn right they were!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They did try to pay the man. He was stupid enough to think he could get more. Yes, he was always going to get big money. The question was how to maximize his earning potential. He chose the wrong path, sitting out a year to get less money. It really is amazing to see people try to defend his foolish actions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    People understand the issue just fine. They also understand the hypocrisy in Bell insisting he should be paid as both a running back and a wide receiver while at the same time complaining about getting the ball too much.

Bell was going to get big money no matter what. He threw away a season in his prime and got less. He made a terrible decision and your ongoing defense of it is confusing at best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I have heard numerous arguments from both sides on whether he got a better deal with the Jets due to various factors, mainly guaranteed money. This one ended the best; I forget what radio show it was but they were arguing total money and guaranteed money and one of them said "put the $15,000,000 in his bank and, now, let's talk about the deal" The other guy said "huh" and the first guy said "if he had played last year he would have $15,000,000 in the bank, let's work from there". The other guy said "oh .... yeah ..... I guess you could look at it that way".

Priceless!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    A couple points to add to this:

1. "if" he said he wanted RB and WR money, I would have said "no problem, as soon as you can line up at both positions at the same time so that we only need 9 other guys on offense".

2. I think it finally was explained that he wasn't asking for RB and WR money, he was asking for money based on his percentage of overall offensive contribution.

3. At least he got out of a toxic locker room. Who know's if he jumped from the frying pan into the fire?

19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    That's the funny thing..... the guys that jumped ship.... were the toxic locker room.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not even close. They were the ring leaders of a multi-faceted toxic locker room orchestrated by Tomlin.

21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The fact that you keep talking about how he "threw away" a season in his prime is asinine. Its obvious and common sense that bell really doesnt care about the game of football nor his legacy. That's why that season is irrelevant when you look at the totality of why he did what he did. His ultimate goal was to get the most guaranteed money no matter if he ever was in the same shape, ever produced the same numbers, or even played more than 1 more season of football. He just wanted the most money he would have regardless of what happens going forward.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    14.5 was guaranteed for that year.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He cares about money and reputation. Throwing away a season in the prime of his career is likely to cost him both.

Even if you don't think he cares, and you really aren't bright enough to be telling us what anybody thinks, a full season is something of value and it is something he wasted to get a deal that really wasn't better than what he turned down.

The truth is you will twist yourself into all sorts of rhetorical pretzels in your desperation to avoid the simple fact that you were wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And this is exactly why he should not have been given the money he wanted or expected. Guaranteed money and signing bonus should just go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You can keep trying to throw word salads around in all your little soloqiuys and think by using a few big words that enhances the credibility of your attenuated argument. Sorry it doesn't. Maybe the average Joe may be impressed by your pseudophilosophical dialect you continue to spew on these forums but I'm not galvanized by it at any metric. That being said, leveon already confirmed that it wasnt about football and so have A LOT of outspoken athletes. They all say if you LOVE THE GAME you just play it. Earl Thomas held out prior to camp but gues what he finally showed up and he like leveon wanted long term money. Look at Zion Williamson from Duke. He has no incentive whatsoever to play after getting hurt as he would have been the first pick in the draft but hes playing. Why? Because he loves the game. Also you said reputation. His reputation in who's eyes? Steelers fans such as yourself? The jets fans currently are loving him just as much if not more than the Steelers fans. Several fans on social media were around the clock begging for this guy to be on their team. His reputation to people like you obviously didnt matter because several people with asisnine logic comparable to yours were outspoken during his holdout, thus if he was worried about that he would have ultimately played. Also SEVERAL former players have pointed out how THEY NEVER seen teammates publicly ridicule a guy for holding out for money. The fact that several former players found that so alarming would right there tell you what anyone thought was one of the last things that factored into his decision. Also he seems to spending a lot of time on creating raps. I'm sure he believes he can gain fame and a good reputation into that aspect and doesnt see football as the end all be all like you keep trying to so foolishly state he does. But you can try to continue to distort the situation to fit a narrative that matches people with your retarded level of intellect, the Steelers organization, and the fans that primarily care about whats in the best interests of teams with billionaire owners that pay players pennies on the dollars compared to what they earn when hardly no one is watching the NFL games to see the owners.

Also I've been asking this for over a year now. Can you link me to something that shows you have any credibility to question anyone? Who are you for the 100000000000000th time?