1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2019 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would have had a hard time passing on Love if he was still here. One of the better CB in the draft, IMO. I dont think any of the remaining CBs are good enough to be taken here. I would look at CB next round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I would've preferred one of the big 4 cb's in the first and then mack in the 2nd at ilb.
    No way we double dip at ilb in the 1st 2 rds though, and I don't see a cb left that's worth this pick.... the Bush pick I think really hamstrung us, so I'm doing an about face and putting in my vote for offense and Clemson wr deebo samuel

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree on Love. But, oh well he is long gone (and probably will be by our 2nd round pick in the real draft). I do think Chauncey Gardner Johnson is good enough to be considered here. I found stats that say he was targeted 80 times the past 2 seasons, and gave up 1 TD and made 3 ints. That's pretty nice against SEC competition. Compared to the other corners being mentioned here: Dejuan Williams, 130 target with 8 TDs and 4 ints, and Justin Layne, 138 targets with 4 TDs and 2 ints. I think some folks are tempted by Williams being 6'3", but there are very few big corners who make it in the NFL. Layne at 6'1" 190 has ideal size.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011

Ummmm......what the £?*}*<‘!!€~*?%{!# did you just say?!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, you're right. Samuel isn't a champ! :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Yes, I am double dipping and ticking off NY Steeler Fan and others at the same time. I am voting for Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama. The defense needs more athleticism. I like Winovich's motor, but I think NFL tackles will neutralize him. I believe Shazier can help Wilson with the mental aspects of the game. And at the least, Wilson can add speed and athleticism on the 3rd and 6 plays, that Bostic and Williams can not. If the Steelers do not get a second ILB, the defense will have to play a dime defense on 3rd and 6, instead of a nickel package. The Steelers need to get back to having their linebackers being the core of their defense.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Everything I am reading is Bryce love is much later, not sure on Hill. However do we really want to go RB in the 2nd round? I don't think we should but that's just my opinion.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    No probs man I respect your opinion, I totally disagree but I am not ticked. If we go ILB back to back in the real thing I will need 911. I guess I look at things a little bigger picture than most. I look at the rankings and see a guy like Hollins sitting there in a few rounds making OLB this round less important. I look at guys like Jackson, Moreland and Johnson who are available later and think CB can wait. I also see some good ILB's still on the board later on if we want to double dip there. I am tossed up between CGJ and Deebo

10. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wait, you guys are telling me we have a chance to pick up someone named Wino (vich)? Do you even have to ask who I'm picking?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Winovich is a local kid, having played his High School ball at Thomas Jefferson High School here in The Burgh. But I am voting for Gardner -Johnson from Florida.

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011

For those that haven't seen this, I posed it on the board the day it happened.

This just shows off his intelligence and athleticism. Hes playing a nickel corner here. Knowing to pass the guy off to the high safety and knowing the ground he is about to have to make up. The hip flip, the acceleration, the highpoint, and the catch.

This is everything you want to see in a middle fielder. Neither Davis nor presently Edmunds would have made this play. They probably would have continued to trail their man.

I find this one play shows you exactly what CGJ could be at the NFL level.

13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Are we allowed to draft DBs with instincts anymore? I thought we had to just get those in free agency.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I just don't see them going safety this early in the draft with Edmunds, Davis and Burnett on the team.

There is a very good player at a position of need on the board unless you are all saying you're comfy with Bud opposite Watt :hehehe:

15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I am more comfortable with Bud than I am with Sean Davis.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I know, you're not a Sean Davis fan :lolol:

17. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am more comfortable with DuPree and Davis than I am Williams and Bostic.

18. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Didn't Burnett say he wants a trade, might have to factor that into this as well.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Williams played a lot better when he had Shazier along side him. If Bush can fill that roll, VW would be fine.

Tough cookies! They give into the Burnetts of the world they are really in trouble.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    He didn’t say he wanted to be traded. He said he wants to be released (at least that’s allegedly what he said - I think I only read it here).

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree with SC NB. Davis seems like a good long-term backup who can fill in at both safety positions, but not guy you want on the field for 100% of the defensive snaps. A guy like CGJ can play corner and safety. He’s a multi talented DB.

My vote is Chauncey Gardner Johnson.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Traitor :beee:

24. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I believe it was Daniel Jeremiah from NFL Network who said when Sean Davis was drafted that he showed no instincts on tape. It's been 3 years and he still has not shown instincts whether it be at SS or FS.

He just isn't a great football player. As you said, a serviceable backup at both positions.

We really need a legit FS.

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    We'll probably extend his contract at $10 million/year once Ben signs his extension :facepalm:.