1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm already sick of hearing the Browns as favorites to win the AFC North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They need a ILB and safety ... with out one they will only go so far.

2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I dont see the point. NFL doesnt let talent play defense anymore. Especially the back end of the defense. Steelers have a scheming issue that a coach can not implement on a consistent basis week in and week out.

If the NFL allowed defense to be played the way it was in the Super Bowl, NFL defenses would still exist, but they dont during the regular season.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

All the more reason Pittsburgh will likely trade up to get a linebacker. That being said though, since trading away Jabrill Peppers with a deep safety class, to me, that indirectly telegraphs their priority somewhat. I still would not rule out corner or offensive tackle for Cleveland either.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Better get used to it. Look at the rosters of all AFC North teams.

5. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If I remember right we the Steelers could not beat them the first game. Never underestimate your opponent.

6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The more people hype the Browns the higher the chance they implode this year.

7. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Nah..I would rather put that kind of money on a blue chip stock that pays me a dividend.

8. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    If I remember right, the Steelers did beat the Browns last season, while the Browns did not beat the Steelers.

For most teams, having a new HC, OC, and DC with a young team would have analysts become more conservative about their predictions. The potential of a boat load of draft picks makes them ignore the likelihood of the team being very inconsistent.

I'd have no problems with the Browns becoming competitive (but still a bit behind the Steelers), and have the Ravens become the doormat of the division.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Living in the Cleveland area is interesting when it comes to sports. Listening to their sports talk radio is better comedy than Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor combined. Even the hosts are completely unrealistic. They place zero value on the fact that they have no leadership, no proven coaching, nothing but a losing culture, and a stench that will take years to scrub off. They are convinced they will win the division and probably the super bowl. They will be suicidal when they go 7-9 or worse.