1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2019 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 27, 2019.

1. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Too many immediate needs. I would’ve focused elsewhere if this hadn’t been announced till too late

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well you may be right but Bush isn't an upgrade just cause he can run a fact 40. Add into that he is under sized and there is just as much value out there in the next round or two with Pratt, Hanks, Edwards and Smith. Of course this is JMO :smiley1:

3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The Steelers need another ILB, so I would be comfortable taking one of the guys you mention in the second round as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well things look to be quiet on the selection front and with a few picks before us I will throw out a group of names.

WR's :
    Kelvin Harmon
    Deebo Samuel
    JJ Arcega- Whiteside

Edge:
    Jachai Polite
    Zach Allen

OT - Andre Dillard

Safety:
    Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

CB:
    Trayvon Mullen
    Michael Jackson
    Lonnie Johnson

Not sure where we want to go but of this list I feel our best value is Edge or Safety. I feel this draft is loaded at WR so we could get a guy with very same skill set if not the same next round, however I am a Deebo fan. I think CB's might be there next round but I feel I don't want to wait like we do every year for this position. I am truely undecided as to where I would like to go so let me hear all your thoughts and see what we should do.....

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Dillard was already drafted, like #10 to Denver. There is enough WR depth to get one in the 3rd round. There is not a player that stands out to me, so I am wondering if we shouldn't look at Wilson from Alabama. I know he struggled against Georgia, but his comparable on NFL.com is CJ Mosley. By the way, AJ Brown's comparable is JuJu. Emmanuel Hall's comparable is Mike Wallace. Dionte Johnson, WR, Toledo comparable is Emmanuel Sanders. JuJu's comparable was Anquon Boldin, which was pretty accurate.

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I must have missed the Dillard pick my bad. Hell no to Wilson. Hell freakin no, no way in hell do we draft back to back ILB and two I can’t stand. I am really thinking safety here or pass rusher. To be honest pass rusher here would not be a bad idea

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    In this world we still really need a CB.

So I would present JoJuan Williams CB from Vandy as an option.

But my vote ultimately goes for , CGJ from Florida.

8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I would say Justin Layne is a possibility.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I totally agree however I am thinking next round maybe Johnson from Kentucky will be there. The way I feel is we have Watt set in stone and Dud on a 5th year option with no sure thing as to what comes next, who is our next option to replace Dud if he leaves? I am thinking Pass rusher is a big need however a guy like Justin Hollins is gonna be there later on and I love his potential. CGJ may be the guy that fits this spot and value but am interested in everyone's take.

10. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    NY Steelerfan: The Steelers linebackers are average at best, except for Watt. Better linebackers improve the secondary. Granted there was dissension with the Bush pick, I still think another linebacker, either an edge rusher to compete with DuPree, or another ILB to compete with Williams/Bostic is needed. Is there a linebacker available, that you would take in the second round?

11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Steelers are on deck..... we took an ILB in the first..... anyone want to throw some names out for our 2nd round pick?

Since we are short on RB's, should we consider Damien Harris RB Alabama? or wait until the 3rd for another RB? Or maybe a WR in Deebo Samuel, South Carolina

As far as 2nd round CB's, our MB loves their CB's and drafted a bunch in the 2nd round way earlier than I had projected.... so my next best available CB is Jamal Dean, Auburn

Are we ready to give up on Sean Davis? Juan Thornhill, Safety, Virginia? Might be a good 2nd or 3rd round option for us.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't know much about this guy so I am asking is 2nd round to early?

13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am thinking Layne is more of a low 2nd or high 3rd round pick, but he is one of the better corners left. Is Polite a possibility as an edge rusher. DuPree needs some competition. But when I think of Florida edge rushers, they remind me of Alonzo Jackson, and I get nervous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with what your saying however my opinion on both Wilson and Bush is not good. So going back to back at ILB on 2 guys I am not a fan of I don't like. So who is out the well Allen and Polite(bad combine) are 2nd round options but I love Hollins in the 3rd/4th or 5th. Also if we want to double dip at ILB in the 6th a guy I really like is Jordan Kunaszyk, check him out tackling machine.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am no draft wiz and really don't know much about him overall but there was a lot of buzz around him until a bad combine. I like Allen too but not sure if he could be a 3-4 olb. I really think we go with the safety spot or a WR playmaker like Deebo.

16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Deebo is fine, but Emmanuel Hall in the 3rd round might be a better fit, as he will be able to stretch the field.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I just took Polite to Tenn, because they need an edge rusher and in no way do I want him here lol

More for the former, they do need an edge guy with Morgan aging to pair with Landry

• Like Like x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So what is your opinion for our pick?

19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    My first thought is CB but I'm not sold on anyone available this high. The BPA is Gardner Johnson the safety from Florida imo. Very versatile and could replace Burnett.

• Like Like x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I forgot about USC CB Iman Marshall. I'll have to dig into Layne and Johnson

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Any love for Bryce Love or Justin Hill, just throwing out names to discuss.

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I won't be online tomorrow so my vote is for Gardner-Johnson S Florida

• Like Like x 1
  23. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    A part of me almost wants to go Mack Wilson here. Still researching though...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m going to throw Chase Winovich into the mix. This isn’t a vote just yet. If I have time before our voting closes I’ll watch a bit more on him and CGJ. So far I’ve only watched a couple of games for each guy. If anyone gets a chance, watch some of Winovich’s games. I think it was the Notre Dame game where he must have hit the QB a half dozen times. His aggressiveness and high effort pops on tape, and the combine confirmed that he has the necessary athleticism. His 4.11 short shuttle is cornerback territory.

I recognize that in this world we did not sign Steven Nelson, and need a corner. However in both the real world and this draft world we need an edge opposite Watt.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Elvis beat me to it. Chase all day. Guy is tenacious as Watt, probably more so. I usually do a Dirty Little secret thread for draft prospects and he's definitely on mine.

His 3 cone (6.94) and 20 yard shuttle (4.11) answered any flexibility and change of direction concerns. His hand usage is top notch and has a ton of moves. This guy is as under the radar as I have seen, he should be high on everyones list. Him and Watt would make a great dynamic duo. This is a big need IMO.

My vote:

Chase Winovich, Edge, Michigan

• Like Like x 1