1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm already sick of hearing the Browns as favorites to win the AFC North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Sure they upgraded with the new additions and it sounds good on paper. Lets wait for at least the preseason to start before we crown their asses!

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Eh, when Hunt got suspended for 8 games I immediately started to hear the same peons reversing their opinion.

I’m with you, let’s play a game first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I got tired of hearing we were SB favorites every year with the triple B’s lol

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm especially tired of hearing Myles Garrett run his mouth.. He talks like the browns aren't 7-24-1 since he came into the league

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m delighted to see them being talked up. There will be pressure on all these young guys like they have never experienced before.

Let’s see how they handle the favourites tag it can be a heavy burden for players that aren’t used to success.

I expect the Steelers to be very much in the mix in a tough division. Ravens have made so many changes it’s hard to know how good they will be. I don’t like Jackson at QB and I think he will let them down ultimately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The Browns supposedly went from 30-1 odds to win it all to 14-1 when they got OBJ? I will give anyone who wants to bet 20-1 odds as long as you are willing to bet $1000.

You don't rise from a 50 year smouldering dung heap to win it all in one year. AIN"T HAPPNIN!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The Browns haven't been around for 50 years...…...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Quite frankly, we were 1/2 a game from winning the division..... our free agency losses were mostly insignificant..... obviously AB's production will be missed and it'll remain to be seen if JuJu and the rest can compensate..... but we are still king of the division and it's ours until someone else rises up.

Browns being a paper contender, ha, the national media always goes ape sh!t over free agency...... it won't matter until they stop putting a :bscow: team on the field.

9. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    They haven't been around the last 20 either lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Another point to note about the Browns is that they have taken on a number of big contracts and have more first rounders on rookie deals than probably any team ever. They will be in salary cap hell soon enough.

They are right to go ‘win now’ and they will probably win the division at least once over the next few years but I’m not sure they are about to create a dynasty. Wait until money starts tearing the team apart.

They do look really good on paper for the year ahead though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Maybe all this hype will light a fire under the Steelers’ butts and they play better this year.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent. -Sun Tzu

13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Wish he was on our team. Myles garret for Dupree and our 1st rd pick.

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They are following the rams, eagles, chiefs, and Seahawks motto. Try to win now while your qb is on that rookie deal.

15. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I'd take a shopping cart over Bud Dupree.. At least when it's windy the wind can blow the cart up the field to get in the qb's way for a second

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Underestimation is the standard - Muk Tzomlin

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    When I hear that talk, I find it amusing and want to chuckle. I hope we can still laugh about it in December.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I was a little shocked when I heard some of the guys on the NFL Network say they pick the Browns to win the Super Bowl. They got OBJ and now they are winning the Super Bowl?? Wow, I think that guy is overrated and they are still the Browns...we will see how this plays out.

19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    They are who they have been until they aren't. The media are idiots trying to make a buck so never believe everything you hear. For them its who says the dumbest things first and gets credit.

20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Google 2011 Eagles

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    This. They have a ton of talent on rookie contracts (Mayfield, Garrett, Ward, Chubb, Njoku). Combine that with their FA signings, their window to win isn't very big.

Lets see them play some games first. I think Haslam screwed up big time picking Kitchens over Williams for the HC job.

22. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just think back a few years when they brought in all those free agents and everyone said they were the team to beat. Won 4 games. They are the browns man.

Guys have film on Baker now. He will be just like kap.

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I prefer to think this team will be better now they have moved on from Bell and Brown. Brown I feel checked out of some games in his head because he was worried about how often he was being targeted. He very well could have been responsible for a loss or two

24. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think @troybellringer55 Bellringer55 summed it up.. looks great on paper.

But really, at the risk of going off topic... welcome to the new media. It's all about click rates & revenue. Everyone wants to give a "fresh, unique" perspective to justify their existence. Ironically throwing around phrases like "main stream media" is just more of the same... *that* is the new mainstream.

There are more talking heads spouting bull**** than ever before... i hate it... i'm pissed about it... i fear there's little that can be done except not to get agitated about it. It's a looooong off season (does any sport have a longer one?) and space has to be filled. One great thing about this board is you can tell someone "face to face" they are full of **** rather than holding yourself back from throwing your cell phone through your TV :) F*CK the media... social media sucks because anyone can spew any BS they want w/o authority or consequence. Professional media sucks because it's as much about attention grabbing and venting (and those claiming to be fighting the good fight against "mainstream media" are every bit as guilty of it if not more so). Take pride in your ability to have a mind of your own :)

But getting back on topic... I'll bet the Browns are gonna give us fits this year.... REAL fits, not "playing down to their level" fits. I, for one, prefer to watch (and have our guys WIN) competitive games... I *like* that our division has traditionally been tough... and honestly I'm happy for Cleveland that their team is not a POS anymore.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm probably in the minority but would actually like to see the Steelers/Brown revivalry renewed.

Im so sick of the Ravens.

I do think the Browns have made a couple mistakes. Making a coaching change and bringing Hunt into the fold. Chubb is the real deal. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. Comes back after 8 games and Chubb is having a great year, then what.

• Agree Agree x 3