1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Moncrief to the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Heidi Williams, Mar 14, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah they did say on the NFL network they were changing to a 4-3.......:thumbs_up:

2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Pitts probably offered him 2 years,,that seems to be their pattern for the old farts

3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m thinking now maybe we draft a TE, but the rest may be defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Well he lit up the Steelers :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    At some point we need to make that 4-3 switch as well.

6. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

I sure hope so.. I was hoping they would switch years ago.

7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, after some research, I like what I see. He has two things that always stand out to me. He might run a 4.4-40, but his footballs speed is much better than that, and he seems to come up with the ball a lot. I think he will adjust to the ball well when Ben throws a clunker or two. Not that I felt the sky was falling, but this signing makes the day a little brighter.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    We did didn't you see we do that mid game. This has been one of my biggest problem with this team are we 3-4 or 4-3 or dollar? I am all about showing different looks but our back end is so confused it isn't funny. I feel we have talent but scheme is holding it back.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Did you see Washington the last few games, he did play well. I know a few aren't high on him cause of the dive but whatever. This kid can play and after Ben called him out and the benching he did very well with the limited chances he got. jmo

11. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Size, Length and speed with long strides mixing it up w/ a HOF QB.
    I like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    The more I watch, the more I like. He will be the #2 to start and lets see what this does for Washington moving forward. If this motivates him to up his game, that means great things for the Steelers. If he pouts and doesn't put in the work, then I'm glad we have DM for 2 years.

13. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    We got what we needed..... I wanted williams from chargers but we got my second choice. tait is the better receiver overall numbers wise but we have a much better version in JUJU... We got a outside receiver that could fly for his size.... Doesn't quite have Bryant speed but only a handful of receivers do.... My buddy is huge jags fan and said he was wide open all the time and will flourish on steelers.......

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A HOF QB who loves the deep ball. I’m not under any delusion that he’s a complete #1 receiver, but his particular skill set is what we need to complement our other receivers. He’s going to make some big plays with Ben, and that threat will help open things up for our other guys. I like having him, though I need to see the numbers to know if I like the deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Who is Don't Moncrief? :confused1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Don't Moncrief?

But its my party , I'll Moncrief if i want to, Moncrief if i want to :guitarplayer:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Minus the hands of stone

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And minus the ability to play single high safety at an elite level.... sorry, it just never gets old!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    People have doubts because he barely produced, not because he dived for a football he shouldn't have. Just boiled over at that point.

Started playing better the last few games so maybe he can build off of that.

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He did play well and IMO it was because they gave him more high percentage opportunities. Instead of just go deep.....it takes time to develop that chemistry especially when he probably didn't get much time with Ben in practice. When the opposition knows what you're gonna do it sure makes it a helluva lot easier. It was a combination of more consistent targets and higher percentage routes....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It is if you're a WR and want to create a highlight reel:smiley1:

22. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The Steelers were 10th in defensive passing yards, 7th in passing yards/attempt.

They weren't close to being the best, but most teams in the league were worse!

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    OMG are we gonna start this crap again do we need to get that Washington thread out and go over it so the same things just don't keep getting said? He didn't produce cause he wasn't given a chance. He was targeted 25 times when god almighty called him out....25! At the end of the year when he did get targets he proved he could do it. Yeah I am a fan of him but Blast you know I call it the way I see it........:smiley1:

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was just pointing out that it wasn't because he dove for a pass, thats ridiculous.

The targets he did get, he didn't do anything with. 2 of the last 3 games he was targeted the same as he was all season and he did something with them.

Having said that, if you want to pin your hopes on a two games with 65 yard performances at the end of the season, knock yourself out. Most of us will have some concerns until he proves otherwise.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well the dive lead to Ben's comments but whatever that is all in the past and no need to go through all the bs again. I am not pinning my hopes on just them two games, like I said I was a big fan when we drafted him. He can do it unless Ben don't give him the chance.

By your standards I guess we better be worried with Juju being the number 1 guy. I mean his first game as a number 1 he was targeted 10 times only catching 5 for 37 yards. In that same game JW went 3 for 3 with 64 yards. So you see numbers can look however you want to present them. Of them 5 misses was it on ben or Juju, I ask the same question about JW when he was 8 for 25. I am not trying to turn this into a Ben vs Washington thing I am just saying because a guy goes 8-25 it might not be all his fault. I can remember a number of passes over thrown that he had no chance for so how can make a play when there is no chance for him?

I fully expect him and Ben to be on a better page and I feel(my opinion) JW has enough skills to perform. I must not be the only one since the Steelers drafted him in the 2nd when WR wasn't as big of a need as it is now. Time will tell and I hope like hell I am right cause we really need guys to step up and help Juju and Moncrief.