1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I am done.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RatbirdHater, Mar 13, 2019.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The next 3 seasons will be tough but there is light at the end of the tunnel. This will be the last year for Tomlin if he doesn't go deep into the playoffs, mark it down. The next HC will have to do a rebuild his first 2 seasons but after that it should get better and while I'd like to think we make a playoff run this season I just don't see it.

They got a journeyman CB that is better than what we have but not by much. This team needs an impact player on defense in a bad way, keeping Bud Dupree was a terrible mistake and unless he suddenly gets good I fear we won't stop anybody. The Browns now look scary, they have a better defense than the Steelers and we have no one who could cover OBJ even with a double team because Davis doesn't have the instinct to play bracket coverage. Sorry for the doom and gloom but I am looking forward to Tomlinisms being a thing of the past very shortly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think Tomlin will leave with Ben when he goes if not sooner. If popcorn can keep making the playoffs here on out, then he will be here as long as Ben. Just don't see the Rooneys bringing in a new coach at the last gasp of Ben's career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I got $1000 says you're full of ****!

4. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    And flex seal too, what a crock of ****!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This. But I believe no matter what talent we bring in, we can’t overcome bad schemes. I am super pissed that Tomlin got retained after last seasons meltdown, but here I am, anxiously awaiting draft day, to see how the Steelers improve. Back the team, not players, not coaches, but the franchise.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't see Tomlin going anywhere soon. Not after the comments Rooney made on the state of minority coaches in the NFL. How you gonna then fire Tomlin after saying those things especially with a rule named after your family. I still say they are laying low on any extension for Tomlin because of how this season ended up. I wouldn't be surprised if they are secretly praying for a great start by the half way point of the season to justify a extension and or a playoff spot. If not things are gonna get very interesting....

Maybe they don't end up firing him....maybe they will decide " not to bring him back" ;)