1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Well that didn't take long.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
  3. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I still remember Lamar Woodley's tweet when he was sent to the Raiders "Time to turn this thing around" lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    At least he got rid of that goofy azz 'stach

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not coming to a press conference until I get a bigger contract. It's bens fault too.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    The man has either the biggest ego or is the least self-aware person that I've ever seen. Or a big mixture of both.

Man, if Im in his situation, Im on my absolute best behavior. Im out to show that it wasn't me, that it was Ben, Tomlin, and Pittsburgh. My first press conference is at 4:00? Im showing up at 3. Maybe 2:30.

This guy is going to metastasize and kill the Raiders locker room with a year and a half.

Book it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Can't wait

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I loved that Mayock said with AB sitting right there that he wasn't worth a 1st rd pick. You know that had to sting his ego.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

I was more impressed that A.B. kept his cool then. How much longer can he thoug! Time will tell.

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    You know that he took note. I can't wait for that ESPN interview in 2021 when he brings that up when talking about the lack of respect that the Raiders showed him.
    It's also going to be interesting to see how he handles Tyrell Williams getting A LOT of balls, yards, and TDs when AB gets doubled. Im sure that will be interpreted as Carr purposefully not throwing to him and......yet another sign of disrespect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Probably be gone by the time they move to Vegas.

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I have to believe that part of the reason they picked him up is because they're moving to the land of glam and glitter. He'll be traveling down the strip in his Bugatti Chiron telling Chucky he will make curfew but they better be sure to target me.

I hope he starts a gambling problem. Talk about being late, he won't show up period.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Is it weird that the NFL tweets out this photo the same day the Raiders cut Jordy Nelson?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When AB was with the Steelers he would show up 2-3 hours late for those visits to the kids in the hospital.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Then he would cook the kids in a big stew pot and eat them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thank God he’s their problem now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I was wondering what planet AB lived on when he said he knew that the Steeler Nation was hurting right now. What, he picks now not to read Steeler fans' social media?

18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You see, all this hate and negative chatter. Got the Steelers ... only a 3rd and a 5th. Y'all hate for the guy ... diminished the return of profit gain of the trade. He's officially gone and you're still talking about him ... wow

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Not sure I'm reading this right. Are you saying our hate and the fact that we are still talking about him caused his value to diminish?

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This must be the guy who posts on social media for AB?

21. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm really Mike Mayock. Don't tell anyone. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No, like I said in a previous post about AB. You don't put out bad media and destroy a players image that you're trying to trade. That's just stupid. The Steelers tried to paint an bad image of Bell .... hoping that no one would bite and then he would have no other choice but to play for them. That plan failed and another team gave him what he wanted ... guaranteed money! Not, this you can make this amount, but if anything happen to you then we can cut you and owe you nothing.

23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell.....or Brown....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    This is why defending tons of guaranteed money is stupid. I just read this article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...proach-to-player-contracts-hardly-a-guarantee

I'm not a fan of everything the Steeler organization does, not by a long shot, but how could anyone not defend this as the only way that makes sense? This big time players want tens of millions of dollars up front with no guarantee of any actual work. That's stupid. No boss in any other industry is going to do that because it doesn't make sense. I'm all for signing bonuses and getting paid fairly for producing. I am in favor of being rewarded for past good work. I am not in favor of paying people for the guarantee of just being on the roster. The Steelers do it so that you get your larger salary if you put in the work. Look at what Bell just did. He signed a lesser total contract just so he get paid more upfront. What happens when he gets suspended or hurt or just flat out plays poorly? The team is screwed but Bell can keep on being Bell and being worth 70 mil instead of the 50 he is worth now. I've said this before. If you can't live off of 7 mil up front and need 20 mil? You are just wasting it. I could quit my job now with half of that 7 mil and live well for the rest of my life. Both Brown and Bell, if they are living normally, never need to work another day in their lives right now without ever getting another dime. I know a lot of people like to frame the owners as these evil rich guys taking advantage of the lowly player and paying nothing. That's just not true and the players actually believe the former even when they are getting tens of millions of dollars. It's just crazy.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You're giving Rooney way too much credit if you think his idiotic statement about parting ways was an attempt to keep AB!