1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Guy just sounds dumber every time he opens his mouth. Deserves a good punch in that mouth too, rapping about slavery while making millions. Guy is a serious *******.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Lol

Le’Veon Bell Contract Details
    https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/leveon-bell-contract-details

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Now being reported that he actually got 25 million guaranteed. Lol.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Read the comments of article. It's now being spun by the Bell nuthuggers that he purposefully took less because he wanted out of Pittsburgh. :roflmao:

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s classic. He gambled and lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    OK I can't take it any more. Please tell your spell check it is spelled GUARANTEED.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He lost what he can't get back... He could've gotten 100 mil but he'd still be shy 14.5 just how it is. I Don't think he came out much better like you suggest in comparison to the Steelers offer and I don't care who skews it since you like to say so and so said this and that repeatedly about every issue concerning opinions on players or opinions of players on players etc... Opinions are opinions but math don't lie.

So in your mind he wins because of the guaranteed money right? Pittsburgh offered more guaranteed money in the form of rolling guarantees but it's not good enough because ummmmmm... He might actually have to show up and earn it over a period of time as opposed to getting everything say day 1? I have and I think others have a problem with that belief. You work and nothing is guaranteed other than being compensated for services rendered. Simply put, you have to earn your ****. Most here would enter a contract with a contractor and pay in increments towards an satisfiable and common goal as opposed to paying "guarantees" up front for a job unfinished... Whilst hoping for the best. Probably more so, when the dude is known to be a liability physically (injuries) or under the influence during contracted performance expectancies. The Steelers offered him an above fair deal all things considered and he settled for less ultimately for whatever reason but most likely, for not getting his and or his agents preferred or proverbial way.

Comparing him and Shazier is slanted. You admit Ryan loves the game (which was taken away from him while being paid to perform) yet Leveon does not in fact love football. It's all about common sense as a GM right then and there my guy. Throw chips at the guy who gave you his all in the fashion they are which as cheap as this Front office allegedly is, didn't have to do... vs. cave into the demands of the other dude who as fancy as he was, gave you headaches in terms of various reasons for unavailability matched with non loyalty, ****ty attitude and victim posturing... And simply as you suggest, just not loving the game and looking out for his.

I don't buy into this **** about being happy for him and his family... If he cared about him and his family he wouldn't have afforded me or anybody else the ability to question him to begin with. He's a bout his brand and that's it. The rest of the fam talk is a bonus I suppose if he don't piss that off as well. That fool is self absorbed bottom line and glad the Steelers don't have to deal with him moving forward.

You can be happy for a brother I guess and Im personally over that **** too but that seems it's all that matters to you. You already said he couldn't care less about you or the rest of us or the organization or the game that gave him his platform so why the tireless rhetoric? He hasn't owned up to what he was brought in for same as others before him and after him as well. Injuries aside, you piss hot and you hurt the team. You don't take the asinine contract they still offered you after all of your personal BS you hurt the team. You settle for something else because you're trying to save face and try to spin it, you hurt yourself and your family in the long run.

His word is ****, ethic is ****, rap is **** hahahahahahaha but best wishes brother.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mic drop!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He can't lose what he never had.

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    There's truth to that yet the would have, could have, should have still remain.

11. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    ..only a matter of time.

12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He took a risk, lost a year in football, appeared to enjoy his life, reduced a year of NFL pounding, and was still paid a lot of money.

Production wasn't important in the grand scheme of things for Bell. Maybe he cost himself some money. We will never know if he cost himself money or not. He could have easily suffered a career ending injury playing for the Steelers. As we both suggested he was in a win, win situation. Not sure how anyone would suggest Bell loss. 35 million is a lot of upfront money.

There's also endorsements and other opportunities away from football by playing in a larger market like NY. Bell could make more money in NY away from the field than he would had by playing in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    The injury thing is nonsense. I said all year that in order for it to be worth Bell sitting out and missing $14M last year, he would have had to suffer an injury so devastating that it impacted his FA value. And the chances of that are slim. Earl Thomas proves it. He broke his leg and still received $32M in guarantees from the Ravens.

Also this article give a couple of recent examples of players getting big contracts the year after an injury in a FA season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...eason-ending-injury-means-for-his-nfl-future/

Bottom line is that Bell's ego is nearly the size of Browns and that not only did he overestimate his value, he did so by a staggering amount. And not only did he overestimate his value, the Steelers did as well when they offered him a contract that was very close in value to what he got with the Jets. Bell gambled and lost big time and ANY attempt to spin it any other way is comical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That's why I said most. I never said specifically you or EVERY SINGLE person. I dont care anything about you so I don't specifically know what you said or didnt say. And again you keep trying to pass of yourself as some God or something? Who the hell are you to say whether anybody or anyone lost anything? I'm still trying to figure that out. And the year in his prime you keep bringing up when it's clear BELL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL. That is evident. That's why I'm no longer a supporter of his as a player either. He does not care about being loved all he wanted was the money upfront and to be in a bigger market. He may play good this yr but I dont see him having all pro caliber seasons throught his jets tenure. I could be wrong but that is my personal opinion. And I never believed bell when he said he was looking out for anyone else. That's why when people said did he lose they said it depends on what perspective you look at it. If he was most concerned with his football career and his legacy he would have handled things a lot differently and if he tried to reset the market he lost. But a lot like I do dont think that's what he was after. I said from the start long as he gets at least 2X the amount of upfront FULLY GURANTEED money than what he got from Pittsburgh he wont because I dont see a player with his level of love and dedication for the game seeing the life of ANY long term contract. Jets will probably cut him after YEAR 2.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeahh the 25 million is assigning bonus. Rapporport on the night of deal reported as if it was 35 upfront be he will get just about all of that 35 this year because his base is 8 million. The signing bonus he got upfront doesnt include that so he technically got it.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No you all get me wrong. I never said the Steelers were wrong for not giving him guaranteed money. I said they were wrong for PROHIBITING him from being able to go elsewhere to get what he thought he should have gotten up front. They knew they wouldnt be able to come to an agreement after the first franchise tag so why do it again instead of rescinding it after you all clearly were never going to see eye to eye. Let him go elsewhere and move on. It was all along about guaranteed money because bell knows he doesnt care that much about football and hes about to take the money and run. I dont forsee him even playing for the jets for 3 years. But I could be wrong but football doesn't seem to be the most important thing on his agenda like some others. Earl Thomas is one I dont blame for just taking the money. He is already a proven champion who probably will be in the hall of fame. Hes at the tail end of his career not his prime so yeah go chase and get whatever you can before it's too late. Leveon is not in that same class.

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Boom roasted

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If there is an offer on the table, you had it.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’ve been schooled dude get over it

20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Seriously. Before, he was arguing that Bell wasn't really guaranteed $33 million in the Steelers' offer, but now he wants to twist reality to fit the misreporting on Bell's deal with the Jets.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s going to have a tough road ahead of him in life.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think his plan is to hold out on the NFL until he is offered a large signing bonus.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Not where I do business.

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Is NFL code for Burger King?

• Like Like x 1
  25. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Wait, wait, wait......

You're the guy who says that the ONLY guaranteed money is signing bonus money. And that Bell wasn't really guaranteed $33M in last years offer even though there was practically a 0% chance of him being released before realizing it.

And then you post this crap? Lololol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1