1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm curious how the on the field results will be for Bell......

behind an OL that's not as good as ours
    with a QB completing 57%
    with a team without a true #1 WR

Sounds to me like he could see a lot of 11 in the box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree. I've stated I dont think he really loves the game but just loves what the game can do for his life. Ab loves the game and it's why he worked harder than probably anybody in the NFL but that's not to say he doesnt half his selfish tendencies as well but he gave us something remarkable to watch those years he was here.

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He wont be as good. He probably will put up some numbers still but ultimately he wont end up with a bust in Canton. But he could prove me wrong.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He also could have never made that 30 million at all. Is shazier getting 30 million this year or the absolute league minimum?

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Shazier got 9 million that the Steelers didn’t have to give.
    With Bell he could have been looking at 45 million guaranteed if he played last year.
    You can spin it anyway you want it, but unless he suffers a career ending injury now the gamble didn’t pay off.
    He’ll never get that 14.5 million back.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Doesnt matter if he did or didnt suffer one. It was the chance that he could suffer one thus HE wasnt willing to take that risk. You think before we played the Bengals shazier ever imagined himself being where hes at now? No. It could happen to anyone at anytime. Several players like Michael Irvin, Terrell Davis, gale sayers, bo Jackson etc have had their careers cut short due to a injury. Why play the odds if he didnt have to and had a 100% gurantee of going into free agency healthy? He also up to this point averaged the most touches IN NFL HISTORY. His chances of something happening was VERY HIGH. And 9 million doesnt compare to 35.. if bell was looking for those type of numbers he would have signed the franchise tag last yr but obviously he was trying to secure 30+ million. Plus it's clear football isnt bell's Main concern so he was more focused on securing the money the most surified way he could.

7. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Agree with this entirely. 'Unique running style' only gets you so far when the box is packed out

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You can spin it anyway you want. He lost 14.5 million.

And if 9 million doesn’t compare to 30 million then why the **** did you compare the situation to Shazier?

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Because I was speaking how shazier isnt getting groundbreaking money so dont act like if leveon got hurt he would have been getting the same thing he got while healthy. Ok he lost 14.5 million. So hes 20.5 million in a half better than what he "lost". I bet hed still take that. 20.5 million that's more than what shazier is getting this yr and last yr combined so he still won lol.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ok good you admit he messed up on the 14.5.
    The point about Shazier was they paid him even though the didn’t have to. He didn’t try and put them over a barrel.
    If Bell would have acted like a decent human being he’d still be here and he’d have his money. He chose to try extortion.
    He’s a scumbag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont think he lost anything. I was just speaking on what you said but I just brought it up because even if you think he lost 14.5 million he still came out much better than he ever would. And I love shazier and what he is doing. He is a guy who loves the game. Leveon is not. He couldn't care less about me, you, the Steelers franchise, or anyone but leveon. Did he even thank the fans? Leveon only cares about money and the fact that securing a multi million dollar payday fully guranteed was what he wanted he did in fact put himself in the most secured position to do so. He's a brother so I'm happy for him and his family but not a fan of him as a player. Those are this separate elements for me. I supports ebeey single one of these guys trying to get the most money as possible I have no problem with that and happy that they could help secure their futures financially. If football was his main priority hed have went to the eagles or packers but it wasnt so hey. Still a AB fan despite all that because he WORKS harder than anybody. Despite all of what AB did he thanked all the fans on numerous occasions and I believe in his heart of hearts wish we could have won a ring with us but oh well.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Some people just aren't going to get it no matter how clear the math is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Or they are going to keep trying to muddy the waters because the alternative would be to admit they have been wrong all this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He doesn’t give up easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The franchise didn’t really trust him.

He lost any right to trust.

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    His I want 17 million a year has become less than 9 this season

17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Jets will cut him after the 2021 season to save the $17M, which means he'll make $37.5M over the next 3 years. Include last years $0 salary, he'll be making $9.4M/season on average through 2021.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree he did and they didjt trust him. I never said the franchise had to give him what he demanded. Problem was he had no chance to go on the open market in free agency to other potential suitors to see if he could get that until now.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Well technically he will earn 33 million this year because of his signing bonus which was 25. Its spread out on paper due to cap and dead money reasons but they get that upfront.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So if I buy a car for 5 million and then turn around and sell it for 20 million, I lost 5 million dollars?

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That analogy isn't even close to the reality of this situation, but it's fine. We all know you can't admit you were wrong on this one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Go away.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Do I need to link you to the several people that said anyone who got 35 million gurnateed dollars didn't lose anything? I know majority of this board doesn't want to for the MOST part admit anything that opposes what the team they love does is wrong. It's just sad. Even the Seattle fans after earl gave their whole organization the finger were congratulating him on getting money their team never would have gave them. But everyone here likes to hate on guys for trying to do what's best FOR THEM and their FAMILIES. Something the Steelers will have nothing to do with 10 years from now.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I've been ripping the team constantly. I've been calling for Tomlin to be fired since the loss in Oakland. I've been asking of Colbert should go, too, since the team bungled the Antonio Brown situation. Your characterization of the people who disagree with you on this one couldn't be more inaccurate.

What is sad is that you have no idea what you are talking about and when it finally dawns on you that you were soundly beaten in a discussion, you try to lie your way out of it. It gets really tiresome.

Bell's family was going to be far more than fine either way. That argument is tired and stupid. It's the one thing that makes me question if maybe you are on a college football roster. Maybe you have the delusion that you are going to be one of those guys.

Players can do what is right for themselves and their families without being assholes. They can do it without lying to the teams for which they play. They can do it without lying to their teammates. They can do it without lying to the public, like Bell did when he claimed he was taking a stand for other players. That was a load of crap that you probably lapped up like a hungry kitten. He was looking out for his own bank account and then started lying to try to turn it into something noble because he couldn't handle the blowback.

In the end, he lost. He gave away a year in his prime. He lied to his former teammates. He pissed on a fanbase that used to love him. And in the end, he's going to end up making less money than he would have if he'd taken the long-term offer from the Steelers.

You lost, too, but like Bell, you lack the integrity to admit as much. End of story.

• Winner Winner x 3