1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has any team been screwed this bad?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by rocketdog, Mar 14, 2019.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Looking back at the cluster**** this team has been the last few years, I was wondering if any team in the history of the NFL had so much bad happen to them in such a short time as the Steelers?
    Our demise started with Grimble making that ridiculous fumble in Denver, and seemed to go downhill from there.
    We had THE BEST running back and receiver in football and in a matter of year they are gone and basically we got nothing in return.
    We finally got the kicker we wanted and sign him to a long term contract. He then proceeds to poop the bed.
    Talk about bad luck.
    On the Stephen a show yesterday, the caller Carlton made an interesting comment. He said in the last four seasons that L. Bell played for us, he started the season with drama. Two suspensions and two hold outs. He also said something about Brown and Bell basically missing and doing nothing for us when the playoffs came around.
    Collin Cowturd picked the Steelers to win the division. He said that we are underdogs for a change and will be motivated. We'll see. I'm actuality looking forward to the season now with those two clowns gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    in fairness to Bell and Brown, they both played very well in the 45-42 playoff loss to Jacksonville. That loss was on the defense for 60 minutes of horrid play and on the O line for their pathetic start to the game. Let’s also not forget Haley and/or Ben for the 4th and short play selections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t know what the comparison criteria would be, but I wouldn’t put this team on a pedestal.

The 98 and 99 Steelers teams were pretty much a series of misadventures. In-house squabbling, star players leaving, suggestions the HC has lost the locker room. Kordell not allowed to attend QB meetings? Plus bad luck - the Lions coin toss etc.

I’d also think of teams like the 05 Eagles - that was a rough year for them.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think it’s just the signs of rebuilding hitting us imo. We eventually had to fall

5. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think its just more a sign of the times now.Guys just aren't willing to put aside their feelings and fragile egos to pull together as a "team" and win on the field ..Too worried about other things

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Eli didn’t want to be a Charger Hahahahahahaha!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Papa Manning didn't want Eli to be a Charger. I don't think Eli could point to San Diego on a map (or in a sticker book) back then.

8. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    "Been Screwed"...by who, Father Luck?? They did this to themselves through bad play, bad coaching, bad discipline, bad culture, bad leadership, etc., etc.

Please, let's not play the victim, like so many do nowadays!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    …….. and Papa was right!