1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fire Porter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Jan 4, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I still think they’ll get something done before the season starts. And if they don’t, they don’t. Kinda seems like a bad move on the Steelers part to pay him 9 million for one year.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree 100% it is a bad move I just don't see Dud's agent telling him to sign a long term deal worth less. It just don't make sense he is still young and can hit FA next year and make a boat load. Especially with what these guys are getting this year no way he takes less. A smart man will pocket 9 mill and then strike it rich next year.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Until a contract or trade is done, I’m going to keep my hopes up that the intent is to have Bud be a 1 year stop gap until a new guy takes over.

4. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Get rid of that 10 pieces of gum in his mouth at once gum chewer Danny Smith. Our special teams have sucked for years.

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So are you saying OLB might be an option in round one??????:beg::beg::beg:

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, I am thinking more like round 2 or 3. There are quite a few guys who show a lot of potential, but are going to need some time to be coached up and settle into the scheme. It could also mean that they really like either Adams or Ola.

It more likely means that they really like Bud, and think that Butler can get him to turn the corner (literally and figuratively). I disagree based on what I’ve seen on the field these past 4 seasons, but I’d be very happy for him to prove me wrong.

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Great Bush is looking like the pick more and more......grrrrrrr!!! Check out Justin Hollins I like this kid a ton and IMO could be a mid round gem. High motor and can get to the QB while still playing the run.....maybe he could teach Dud :rolleyes: