1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bells a Jet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Just mentioning the point that regardless of what team you go to the fans will love you regardless long as your bringing something to their team.

2. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Pretty sure that was the point of the post.

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Idk what he wanted. I'm not him or his agent but that's my thought process considering that's biggest discrepancy from this deal and Pittsburgh's offer, it's the main point ian rapporport mentioned in why he turned down the Pittsburgh deal, and its been a known thing pointed out around the league that Pittsburgh doesnt give players (other than QBs) big guranteed money upfront.

4. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Not necessarily ,
    To this point AB and Bell brought us nothing but boy we loved them
    Charlie Batch is beloved here as well as Tunch and many others

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    So bell turned down 15 million and a chance to run behind on of the best
    O-lines in football for 13 million and a rebuilding team with a below average line..... in the words of Steven A Smith

STAY OFF THE WEEEEEEDUH!!!!!!!!!!

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not talking about rings I'm talking about the player performing at a high level on the field.

7. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    So you predict AB and Bell are going to be better than they were here
    They are both selfish and not team players
    That has become very evident
    They burned every bridge in Pittsburgh and probably could have had one named after them instead

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You're still missing what I'm saying. I'm saying regardless if a player is as good as they are no matter what team they would have went to they would get love and praise from the fans so that never factors in. Never said whether they'd play better here or there.

9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    He couldn’t. That’s why he sat out last season. How else to explain it? BTW, the details of the contract are still unknown. The guarantee money can be spread out, not guaranteed until x-day of the season... This contract can be much worse than what’s on paper today

10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I think that actually may have been why he didn't report this last year. Unless they can test you when you are sitting out, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he sat out. He got the same deal WITH New York taxes. His sitting out did nothing.

11. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    I am also thinking this.And no,they can't test a player until he's under contract,which he wasn't at the time

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    [​IMG].............from your first (bong) cigarette to your last dying day..........:cool:. Good thing it's not the NHL Jets since they have to play the Sharks twice a year. Can't wait until the Big Apple press turns on him after he doesn't exceed expectations. Should be fun to watch.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its public knowledge. Bell said he wanted to create a new market for RB's, he wanted 17 million a year. You know damn well he wanted Gurly money.

Doesn't matter if you admit it, he's getting raked over the coals by everyone for taking a lesser deal than the Steelers offered while losing 14.5 million in the process.

I said it all along, Bell is a doofus.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    footballanal is some pseudo wannabe agent lol hilarious

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Unintentionally, he did create a new market for RB. Ezekiel Elliot is cursing Bell right now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Gurley isnt

It was also public knowledge that he wanted the upfront guranteed money. And who is raking him over the coals besides Steeler fans? And according to the analysts he got more upfront money than Gurley AND will earn more than Gurley within the first 2 years so he did essentially out do Gurley. Also watching first things first today I didnt know this. The guy averaged the most touches per season in nfl history. I see why he did sit out now I didnt realize the amount of mileage he was putting on his body. He made 20.5 million more than he possibly could have never saw last yr in a worst case scenario. How much is shazier getting this yr again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Jerry isnt Colbert and the roonies. He will throw the bag at Zeke.

18. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We play the Jets this year and we know bell's running style, I getting a pool as to witch OLB ring Bell's Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, when did I say he was? Focus.

Ok, play dumb but you know that Bell wanted to set a new market for RB's, rapped about wanting 15 million and then bumped it up to 17 million during second negotiations.

And no, he didn't get Gurley money. Gurley got 45 million guaranteed and a 21 million signing bonus.

Its ok, your boy lost, you don't know him personally, don't take it so hard.

He's getting raked over by everyone but I guess you are tuning them out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011

21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If he is not concern about the $14 mil and got the guaranteed money ... why are you concern or hating?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think its hilarious that AB is immediately upstaged by OBJ and his trade to Cleveland. AB is an attention whore who was the talk of the town for a minute and now down to back page news.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats true :lolol:

AB will dye his mustache blond and start acting nutty again in 3.2.1

24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Pretty much. Both he and his agent are too stupid to realize they were only hurting themselves. I will laugh my ass off if he gets suspended for weed again.

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Unless Baker is orchestrating a game winning drive against a division rival, then he chokes.