1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now they've ruined the off-season too!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 12, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Can’t be your year every year. We’ll compete this year. I’m not too worried about it. Things will be fine.
    The rooney’s are one of the top few owners in the league and they will continue to be for quite some time. They may make a mistake from time to time but they’ll get it right.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    While I'm a long standing member of the Steeler's Pollyanna Optimist Club, couldn't help but thinking of this scene: upload_2019-3-12_12-0-25.jpeg

3. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Art Rooney JR is the type of dude to fart when he's home alone and say "excuse me"

4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

No Art rooney is the type of dude that goes and passes wind in toilet and then sprays fabreeze when no one is home...........

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    All I can figure is Art must be a big time ladies man and really spreading it around the Pittsburgh area.

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    For what it's worth, there is an Art Jr. in the family, possibly the late Dan Rooney's brother, but the current Prez is Art II. No info on the flatulation habits however. :rolleyes:

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No - I think you're confusing him with the squeaky clean Patriots owner and his Florida encounters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

10 carries for 35 yards is a Super Bowl mvp level performance?

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Stop talking football. You think Gilmore is a RUNNING BACK lmao. Proved your football ignorance right there.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Rooney is the type to fart in a crowded elevator and when everyone starts choking says "I don't know how anyone can think that stinks"

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There only appear to be a few ladies enthralled with Art II and they all seem to be on this site:smiley1:

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm beginning to see your point! You still see the Steelers as being owned by Art Sr. and Dan Rooney (the Rooney's). Sorry to break this to you but your time machine is busted,

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like I said art is doing just fine. A couple hiccups with some irrational players. Will be back to our winning ways soon enough. You’re just over exaggerating the situation.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Steelers do offer cheap guaranteed money. What was omitted in spinning their story is that the Steelers restructure contracts for players they know they plan to keep. More upfront money AFTER said player earns it.

Not the league norm & not in line with the "me, now" generation. Still a smart way of running the franchise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Or I was continuing with the gurley topic.

16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I never said anything about gurley.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's also a bargain way of doing business, before the player demands top dollar going into free agency. Also, most players perform best in their contract year, when there's no future security.

18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The dead ones did. The current one is a moron.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah some scmuck on a message board has all the answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Your self assessment aside, Art thinks Mike Tomlin is a good coach. That's all the proof necessary to show that Art doesn't know what he's doing.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He is a good coach no disputing that, but it was the right time to can him this year.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Funny how one can like the team and dislike the fans lol. I could take about 5 min in the room with the OP without getting annoyed. Simply do not have the time to point out the multiple areas of how he's ignorant lacking understanding.

Oh well grab a beer and watch the game :guiness:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You come to post on a Steelers' message board, call some of us idiotic, and then expect us to see things your way? Some things you say make some sense, some don't. I can disagree with your opinion without being idiotic. Besides, "everything is going to be okay" is subjective. Why can't I chose to believe "everything is going to be okay" without being idiotic? I chose to feel that way because at the end of the day it is football, it is not my family, work, or friends. If idiotic was a poor chose of words, apology accepted. If it was meant, I think it is idiotic to assume others intelligence without knowing them personally.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm really curious of what your sources are concerning the general consensus around the league. Doing a little research says that the Steelers are basically middle of the road in their contracts and spending. Research goes on to say that we do a pretty good job of structuring contracts. Not knocking you, just wondering what your looking at that I'm not?

• Like Like x 2
  25. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, amazing to find a bunch of homers on a team specific message board! If your looking for a bunch of Steelers hate, you should try any of the the other 31 teams message boards. I would suggest starting with any of the AFC North teams. I hear they really dislike the owners, the managers, the coaches, and the team. I'm sure they would agree with everything you say about the Steelers!

• Like Like x 3