1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesse James to Lions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Mar 11, 2019.

1. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he was starting to feel unloved.... when was the last time the stadium cheered "Heeeeeeeeaaaattttthhhhhh" for one of his plays?

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't often say things like this but Big Mac better be bubble wrapped until opening weekend. They have a bunch of middle of the road guys on the roster but no one with Chemistry with Ben. I love what Mac brings when he is 100% but when he wasn't Jesse was a safety blanket for Ben. He will be missed.

4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What a fun off season.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Thank you for your service Outlaw! A true Steeler on and off the field. Wishing you all the best! :)

Now that I think about it, the likelihood of drafting a Tight End in Round Two just became even more possible. For that matter, given Pittsburgh's ability to develop in addition to this deep Wide Receiver, Pittsburgh could afford to wait another round depending on how the board takes shape in Day 2. Question is, which Tight End could that be should all of Pittsburgh's Wide Receiving options are exhausted?!

We shall soon see.

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Wouldnt go second for a TE if they feel as though McDonald is the clear cut starter. I would worry about getting pieces on defense and another wr to maybe somewhat diminish the value we've lost on offense. The defense though is still the biggest problem with multiple holes to fill. We need a corner, both safety postions(not a fan of Davis hes a bust imo), a mlb, and someone other than Dupree to play opposite of watt. Wouldnt hurt to beef up the dline either.

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    They let a hard working player who just did his job and didn’t complain get away. And the guy truly wanted to be a Steeler. That’s evidently not the kind of player they look for anymore. The team will miss him.

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Good luck Jesse James, I wish you well. And let's not forget.... your true Steelers Stat line reads 121 receptions and 10 TD's.

9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good he sucked , he looked clumsy out there and couldnt block.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I knew the reaction would be overly dramatic by some. What they let go was a backup who was always overrated in by a segment of the fan base because he is from Pittsburgh and attended Penn State. I would have liked to see the Steelers keep him, but of the guys they have lost, he is the easiest to replace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m sadder to see him go than AB. Only thing that upset me about that was the compensation.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That doesn't really refute my point.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wasn’t trying too. Just why people are sad to see him go, good team guy that is easy to root for.

Also, not everyone on this board is from Pittsburgh. Where he went to college means nothing to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ve seen reports that the contract was for 4 years, 25 million. I don’t know if that’s accurate, or what the guarantees are. I like him, but that’s a lot to pay for his level of talent. I wouldn’t want to overpay for what he brings to the table just to check TE off the need list. We can do better.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely. Team favorite of mine but can’t overpay for him. I’m sure the Steelers would have liked him back and since he wasn’t, was probably offered too much.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps not to you, but that definitely brought James a lot of love his level of play didn't deserve.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    How could you disagree with that?

upload_2019-3-12_13-56-8.png

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    okay, disagree with his level of play didn't deserve some love. If he was the no. 1 tight end (which he should not of been) He would have pretty decent tight end numbers, maybe in the top 10. I get he wasn't the most athletic tight end but you need guys like him to fill your roster and someone who plays at their best ability, not guys like Dupree who has all the ability and can't get it done. Or even guys like Burnett who wines about wanting to leave. Give me guys like Jesse James over them all day. And also I don't care if he is from Pgh or went to Penn St.

19. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Not worth the money he got . See ya .

20. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Helped us get a lot of needed first downs despite any drawbacks. Sometimes you felt a stiff breeze might blow him over (especially compared to Vance McDonald), but he did have a REALLY COOL NAME! Good work ethic, and I'll miss him on the team. Is Jake McGee still with the squad after his Achilles injury last year?

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never said he didn't deserve any love, but he got more than a No. 2 tight end should get due to his hometown connection.

22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Some people have fat fingers and either they don't realize you can undo your rating or they're lazy:shrug::hehehe:

23. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I liked Jessie, heck look at my avatar. He was no Heath but he was a solid player and I thought for sure he was a lifer. Best of luck to him.

24. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    In that sense, he was just like Heath Miller.
    Miller could block and run routes, but a nudge after the catch caused him to fall over.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Jesse James did his job, stayed healthy, improved every season, and kept his mouth shut.
    What more could you ask for...