1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben fumbled on purpose. Lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Mar 11, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No wonder we look like chickens with our heads cut off in crucial moments. If Ben got that frazzled by a handoff being called in a 10 point game with a minute left that is pretty sad state of affairs.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Agree 100%.

I don't think Ben did anything intentionally, but he clearly messed up. The play was executed just like it was drawn up by everyone but Ben. The O-line all go the same way. DeCastro kicks his man out and Pouncey seals his man inside. Johnson is going right into the planned hole as a lead blocker and Harris has his hands positioned to accept a handoff. Ben somehow tries to hand it off to Johnson.

There's no reason to think it was intentional on Ben's part, but at the same time any attempt to absolve Ben on this play doesn't make sense. Everything looks just like its supposed to except him trying to hand it off to the wrong back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well he did throw the pass to the dlineman, so there's that.:shrug::smiley1::cool:

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, if you listen to what he says in his video.

He states that everyone rolled their eyes when the play call came in.

So, it wasn't just Ben that didn't like the play-call. That explains why every one was looking around at the sidelines like WTF?! after the play. Kind of explains the TE raising his hands more of questioning the call then questioning why Ben fumbled...

Blows a hole in his own reasoning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I thought the same thing.

It doesn't make any sense for Ben to intentionally fumble. Just to make Haley look bad? The guy (Ben, not Haley) is passive-aggressive, but not that much! He's not going to risk losing a game just to embarrass Haley.

I do wonder how or why he screwed the play up though. Handoff to the FB? They do that a grand total of about 5 times per season. Why would Ben think that particularly time would be one of those 5? He must have been on super tilt or something.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    How come I always hear bens name slipping through the cracks and quickly it’s hush hush lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Most of Ben's interceptions look like he threw them on purpose.:sneak:

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Never thought I'd say this. At this moment right now the browns have a overall better football team than we do. They are making moves to go along with their already good young core.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Haha

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Sounds like this victim is getting on the titanic drama wagon for attention. Is there a conspiracy for every play that isn't executed perfectly now? When will the drama creators stop and leave the team alone?

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Let's not rob Josh Harris of this thread and go off-topic now. Given his longstanding service to the franchise, it's the least he deserves. For all we know, he's framing a print-out of the first page of comments for his trophy room right now.

I expect next week Harris will have a similar story: "When he rolled his eyes, that's when I knew what kind of player Pouncey was."

And next week: "That's when I knew what kind of player Spaeth was..."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I actually believe it, tbh. Still, I don't really care at all. lol

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What was Hines ward problem when he said what he said? What was Joey porters problem when he called out Ben in front of the team in 05?

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Exactly!

And the real problem isn't whether it was Ben's fault or the RB's fault, the real problem is that the Steelers had a hall of fame QB and a coach who hated each other so bad that it makes it's way onto the field in a situation where play calling does not even matter!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I have to stop you at Joey Porter. He's a kook.

17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    My point is, who are you going to believe knew which play was called....a RB that played a handful of games with us or our 10+ year veteran QB? Did anyone go back and watch post game interviews? I'm sure that would have been a question..... did Ben take the blame or did he blame AB for running the wrong route? Kinda ridiculous to come out 5 years later and call out a former teammate.... seems like someone's trying to get another shot at a roster spot.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Was a leader of that 05 superbowl team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Yup. WHO RIDE!!??, how could anyone forget.
    He's still a kook.:goofy:

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Or he meant to say half of the numbers combined which would have been 43 not 42 lol

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Pure f**kery going on in this here thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Woah, woah, woah, not so fast! The Browns are a multi-decade cluster-**** and still have an owner who is even stupider on a recurring basis than Rooney 's recent mental breakdown but the Steelers have a lot of people in the organization who still remember what it was like to be great; the Browns have none.

If Rooney decides to hold Tomlin to the Steeler standard things can improve, and even though Rooney is showing no sign of getting that, there is no standard other than dysfunction in the Browns organization.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm trusting in John Dorsey and Baker Mayfield.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And those two have a fair shot at improving the culture but a good engine and a good driver can't necessarily overcome a drunk pit crew, broken drive train, flat tires, bent rims, bent frame, senile owner, and no garage to work in.:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree but they've pretty much cleaned house. It took them several years of debacles but they finally got it right.