1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm praying the raiders dont get kyler murray. That'd be a nightmare if they did.

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I like this..... :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    You originally said that it wasn’t ABs fault (or any other player for that matter). I never disputed managements role in all of this, but wanted to point out that there are others to be blamed as well.

AB has made a number of bad decisions (yelling at coaches on the sideline, knocking over Gatorade coolers, throwing things from an apartment tower, cited for excessive speeding, etc.)

I agree that things got out of hand and that players have been coddled on some level (including Ben), but let’s also remember that these are grown men with their own personalities. Bruce Arians even said that AB is not the same person today (from when he was drafted).

To say that management is the only one who influences an individuals behavior isn’t fair (money and outside influences also play a big role as well).

I guess my point is, things are never as bad as they seem. We will start a new season without the trouble from these two players and hopefully put all of this behind us.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If you asked me a week ago who's fault this was I would have split it between AB and management.

However, when it came out that AB wanted a new contract that made him the highest paid WR in the NFL from whoever traded for him and he wasn't going to report without; the truth about all of this was clear.

This wasn't about Ben, or respect, or any other BS he tweeted about. This was only about money and there would have been nothing Ben or management could do aside from giving him a new contract that would have fixed any of this. And that is 100% AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Plus could you imagine the fan base back lash if you sent him to NE? My lord...

7. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    You and every other Steelers fan.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    wouldn't surprise me if NE traded their 1st round pick in '19 draft to get AB from Raiders.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They weren't going to bring that clown back in the locker room, it's addition by subtraction.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Another one of your wrong predictions :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody made AB sign that contract in 2017 :shrug:, I guess AB and his agent were stupid asses then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Does anyone think that maybe Colbert pulls the rug out on this deal? That maybe this whole deal that they made with the Raiders is a Trojan horse deal? That maybe he says you know we thought about this some more and we decided to not do the trade? This can't become official until Wednesday at 4pm. Either side could back out before then if they wanted, and the league could do zero about it.

It probably would kill Colbert's credibility with other NFL GM's, but dang what a story line, and could you imagine AB, it will turn his blonde mustache, white.

13. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    The next CBA is going to be a mess after what Bell and AB have done. They have wrecked the landscape of contract negotiations with the player and owner (management) relationship of NFL.

Wouldn't surprise me if we actually see a strike for the 2021 season. This stuff now is just starting to get crazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's some funny **** right there! I don't care who you are! I am going to go make it shortly, I will let you know how it turned out.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I know and I am happy he's gone, but to basically agree to getting next to nothing in return is a bitter pill to swallow. We were still on the hook for his salary against the cap anyway so I would have kept him and benched him and ignored whatever rants he wanted to put on social media and if the regular media kept asking questions about it I would have instructed everyone to ignore them and leave them unanswered. Some team would run into trouble during the season and then maybe we could have gotten more for him. I think we are going to see next season that just getting rid of the distractions wont be enough to turn the team around. However I do think Juju us going be fine and I like Conner to replace Bell more than a lot of other people do. We need to get a solid number 2 receiver or Juju is going to get double teamed on every play. We need help at LB, S, and CB. Are we going to address all that in free agency and an extra 3rd round pick? History says no on the free agency and I don't trust Colbert to draft defense. We'll see. I hope I am wrong.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ……...and, they play in "the S*itter"...….

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The bottom line that someone has to be in control or the mal-conents will become uncontrollable. It's management and coaching, and nobody else, who let the inmates run the prison until the inmates actually got their way! Now the pride in being a Steeler is gone, free agents will think twice before coming here, and player agents will know they can run roughshod over the Steelers.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree they were. But he smartly got out of it however he could and got his guranteed dollars.

19. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Agreed. All the members of "Young Money" are now gone. When they started calling themselves that it should have set alarm bells off. Sanders still seems like a decent player and I never hear anything bad about him, but Wallace faded into obscurity. It will be interesting to see what Brown's career ends up as. Probably a league suspension for hitting a coach, teammate or reporter.

20. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Our FO basically paid and enormous price to get rid of him. Tough Loss to swallow.
    Started with Bell, Ab watched and learned, and snowballed in a bad way from there.
    We're not use to this crap, But

It's time and we have to move on.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not worth the drama keeping him around, the players and coaches would have to answer questions about AB daily, good riddance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree. It was going to really come down to him or ben. Obviously ben is the choice. But problem was he wanted out so their was no coming back.

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    glad I couldn't get to the computer on Sunday as my post would have been pretty bad.

A 3rd and a 5th is horrible but that just shows you how AB's marketability was very low. Count in the age, the want of a new contract, the behavior off the field, maybe his behavior on the practice field in week 17 on a must win week(but we'll never know) and the nixing of trades....all resulted in this low compensation imo.

If the marketability was higher, there's no way KC settles for that obviously. This is all how it stands as of right now since week 17. Could this point in time have been different if MT was a different leader and not given to favoritism etc. No one can answer that. AB also needs to grow up and re-gain focus of the team's goals and not his ego. I think Colbert did what he could with what he had to deal with right now. I think the path that took them all here begins with AB, Ben and MT. And ABs ego obsession has been brewing for the past few years and when another WR got team MVP, he blew his top and started this whole fiasco.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's like asking if running out of gas could have been avoided if you had gotten gas:sign0020:

Everything about the Steelers would be different if Tomlin was a leader!

• Agree Agree x 1