1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are #1 laughing stock, might be the wake-up call we need

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I guess I don’t understand why we are on hook for contract if we trade a guy? Isn’t that the point, that they take the contract (rights to a player) over?

It’s bad enough we lose his talent....still paying for it seems like double jeopardy.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This should clear things up for those of us that aren't sure:

After agreeing to a four-year, $68 million deal in February 2017, the Steelers and Brown later restructured the contract to free up some short-term cap space for the team. That left $21.12 million in pro-rated bonuses left on Brown’s deal heading into this offseason, which will become dead money against the cap if the Steelers deal or cut him. There are ways the team could save money on what it has to pay Brown or even shift the dead money to future years, but there’s no real way to make this deal make much financial sense for Pittsburgh.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So that 21.12 mil would have been spread out over the contract (3 years @ 7.040) but since we traded him it has to count in full. This 21.12 mil is money we already paid up front to clear cap space. So now if we trade AB like we did he counts the 21.12 vs our cap. If we kept him he would have counted 22.165 which is his base salary 12.625 plus bonus 7.040 plus roster bonus 2.5. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He wants new ownership so he has a legit reason to use his tissue.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Trolls have an agenda.

6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    This is about the 100th time you have posted this. Come up with some better reasons to drag Ben down if you expect others to see things your way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You poor simple bastard! I know you can't stand to hear the truth about uncle Artie but Steeler fans being worried about his track record are NOT trolls! Every single one of us who are being realistic are hoping against hope that Art will get the job done, based on his track record it just isn't looking likely.

Cheerleader, noun, A member of a team that performs organized cheering, chanting, and dancing in support of a sports team.

Did you ever notice that cheerleaders have their back to the game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't expect others here to see what I see cause most of you are blinded and bias by your fandom. So of course you're going to side with the latter. Most of the people I've seen with no association whatsoever of the Steelers that includes former steeler players, any media members who report on them, or just anyone that has some type of ties with the organization. Most of those people that arent what I just mentioned have called out ben for his leadership and his tendency to point fingers at players AND coaches. AB just HANDLED the whole situation wrong with how he went about it but that was probably the only way he could get exactly what he got so I didnt even think he did it wrong because he won. He got his money that this franchise was never going to give him and he got out of town.

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But let's be realistic, in a team sport, if you are causing the coaches, management, and your QB problems; you are a bad team-mate.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He caused management problems once he went on this tirade about everything after his trade request. Not before hand he was a good guy he took far less guranteed money than he could have got on the open market. He cost Tomlin problems for day 1 I'll give you that. I put more owness for the bad relationship between him and ben on BEN. Ben has caused coaches and teammates problems as well and I have heard more people that have played with both speak out on ben as a teammate than AB. Ryan clark is the sole Steelers play to publicly say anything about AB and even with how strongly he feels about ab, he made it a concerted effort to also mention how bad of a leader ben is and that's part of the problem between the 2. And Colbert further confirmed what everyone else was saying with his "52 kids" comments. Ab told the truth Ben does feel like he is above reproach and the organization enables him to feel that way.

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But the point is this, it 100% fact that Brown was a bad team-mate for the reasons I listed. It is rumored that Ben is an issue, but Ben is always 100% about the team winning ...... every single game!

And quite frankly I think Ben's drive to do whatever it takes to win is also the reason for his open discussion. He is sick of guys like Bell and Brown being allowed to contribute to losing without being held accountable.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    This goes back to before that. Joey Porter called ben out in front of the entire team in 2005 in a meeting because of his leadership. Hines ward on numerous occasions and even just a few weeks back has criticized Ben for calling him out publicly and his ability to be a leader. The first thing sanders said when got to Denver was I'm playing with an actual "leader" at qb now. Ryan clark has called him out. Then not to mention all the former players who didnt play for the team that have acknowledged they've never seen a qb call out players and coaches publicly like ben. Remember when he called out todd haley when we lost to NE? Just sad. So no he hasnt been doing this just because of bell and brown. He's a bad teammate as well based on your reasoning for considering AB one. And I'd bet money on the fact that Ben does NOT work harder than AB. AB probably works harder than anybody in the league. Every single person points out his insane work ethic and dedication.

13. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

It could be true but we also had a great defense then... Everyone keeps saying we did not win with them but it was not there fault. They were the best players on the field in jags playoff game. If the killer bs played on any of those steelers Ds that team would probably be unbeatable........

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree with Glenn, the cancer seems like its gone now (AB/Bell/Harrison) it will take time to heal but maybe we can be great again.

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yes but the chef who cooked the cancer is still the chef:worried:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    he won't stay long once those losing seasons start comin.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep... and it's highly likely we'll have one in '19. Steelers are getting worse, while other teams in the AFCNorth are getting better.

No cap space, hanging on to sub-par players and coaches and allowing super star players to run the franchise is all a recipe for disaster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But we all know how hard it is to find an elite QB and while ours isn't elite anymore, he is still great and by the time the chef goes, what will we have left? And, the owner who sat back and let the chef cook the cancer is still here too?

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    still some hope on Rudolph... have to give him a chance... but with Big ben just signing extensions til he is 60 i dont know. That's a lot of 9-10 win seasons with multiple interceptions looming lol

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yup...

JUJU will become blanketed, conner hurt and our defense will be relied on heavily. Special teams a disaster. You know what's coming lol

and no WARDISMVP i don't like the cowboys.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I guess I haven't payed that much attention to Rudolph? I'm just not sure he had the pedigree to be elite and that's why he was available when we took him.

22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I fear Rudolph won't stick around for a 2nd contract if Roethlisberger is still here. Is Rudolph's rookie contract for 3 or 4 years?

With the Steelers luck, Rudolph will go to the Patriots and win 3 Super Bowls after Brady retires..... kinda like what Vrabel did when he left the Steelers after his rookie contract. :facepalm:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    for reals. my fear is Ben just not letting go and Steelers holding on to Ben's early years as justification to keeping him. More greatness but even more so stupidity from Ben. Not good when you have no defense lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep. Steelers have some serious holes on D. The D-line is average, desperately need both ILB and OLB along with another CB and Strong Safety. It will take several seasons to get the D fixed. Like I've said many times before, the Shazier injury and poor drafting set the franchise back years.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    So true! Is it poor drafting because they didn't focus on the D or because they are bad evaluators of defensive talent?