1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it really Juju's time to shine?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Mar 10, 2019.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The spotlight will be on him but he definitely needs help on an opposite side.

He seems like he has similarities to Hines Ward's perspective.

Will he step into that spotlight or even can he?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I believe he can. If his previous two seasons are any indication, he should be ready to take the mantle. That being said, I am more concerned about James Washington than I am JuJu.

He NEEDS to have a "Sophomore Explosion" without question. If not, that is going to spell immense problems for Pittsburgh moving forward.

3. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Always remember, Steelers won nothing with the killer B's. The Steelers won superbowl rings before $$$Bell$$$ & $$$Brown$$$ and will be a better team when the offensive workload is shared...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We don’t need a hero on offense. If we can spread the ball around ala the Patriots we’ll be fine.

To replace AB I think the biggest thing will be redzone threat, maybe another TE? We’ll need another RB in case Connor gets hurt, again. Also, we’ll need a burner to stretch the field to take pressure off JuJu and Washington.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That's who we met with at the combine too. 4.3 receivers. ;):cool:

6. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I wore my JuJu jersey yesterday. First time since the Cincy game I felt like wearing my Steelers gear. JuJu will surpass ABs #s for the Steelers (if we get a competent replacement for Ben when he goes), no worries here.

8. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    JUJU is a special player. He will figure it out.. He will be fine. Everybody could cry and wine all they want when I say this but Hines was never a true number 1.. He often benefited from plax, holmes, wallace and others getting doubled. It would help if they could go get a speedster like brown from the ravens but I do think JUJU will be fine as number 1......

9. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

Everybody has to stop saying " well the patriots get by without a number 1 receiver" They get by cause they have the best qback on the planet. Tom brady is so much better than ben it is disgusting...........

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    We had a elite defense. No where close to that now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Why do you keep thinking everyone can be the patriots? Ben never has nor will be Tom brady and Tomlin isnt bill belichick.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
  14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm less worried about JuJu being double covered and more worried about who steps up and takes the WR2 spot.

James Washington needs to come on and strong. Get Eli Rodgers back hopefully he stays healthy. Sign a veteran, a guy in his mid to late 20's. I''d like a WR who could be here a few years.

Then hopefully hit gold in the draft again. Drafting good WR's is one thing Colbert and company generally do well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    We need to grab a WR2. Someone like Golden Tate would be perfect.

16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I know this will be unpopular, but does anyone else foresee Juju becoming a diva and a possible big problem down the road?

Hope I'm wrong.

But he came into the league with a higher profile than AB. Has had even more early success. Is already a HUGE name and pro bowler. Is even more involved on social media and cares way more about his personal brand than AB did after Year 2.

Again, Hope i'm wrong.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Anything can happen. I remember ppl on this board last summer telling me ab wasnt a diva like bell when I said he was. Now look at the situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Defense was indeed better ,but I'm pretty sure 2 guys in particular, Ben and Holmes won super bowl 43 .
    Something brown or bell can never say ..

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Holmes and ben played great in that game. The defense played very good as well. Have to remember that was an offense with 4 hall of famers on it in warner, fitz, boldin, and edge(who wass still a 1000 yr rusher at the time). It was expected for them to put up some points and the defense for the most part did very good except for giving up that big play to fitz. That was a collective effort. Holmes and ben werent the 2 guys that won it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Our defense held them to 7 points in first half of that sbl to give offense a cushion.. yea ben did play great in that game but how did ben play against the packers? I remember brown making huge plays his rookie season in the playoffs to get them to that game for only ben to stink it up..... Brown and bell are not the reasons we did not win sbl in there era

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First, sorry if that against the rules rating showed up, big digits little phone keyboard :lolol:

I’m not concerned at all. I don’t think a guy who goes trick or treating in his uni with a bunch of children, pays for everyone’s shoes at the store and has a charity foundation already is someone that will morph into a selfish me first player.

Remember, AB was always like this according to Ryan Clark, he didn’t change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Let's hope!

I think the bugger question is will tye Steelers be gun shy to signing and holding on to high productive WRs and RBs going forward.

I think yes.

We won Super Bowls in 2005 and 2008 with questionably talented skill players. What did we win with all this offensive fire power? Nothing.

Let's finally fix this defense. Keep the trenches strong which we saw with the Pouncey and Foster extensions.

Let's win with defense and a strong running game again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I think JuJu brings a different skill set to the table. He excelled because he's way bigger than what people think he is and can beat you with his strength or route running.

Everyone sees his pictures and his age and says "Kid" that kid is
    You know with most guys in shots like this, they would have a hand in the air happy that the guy was catching that for a TD!

25. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Was thinking the same thing about being gun shy with those RBs and WRs now. Fine by me if they are!

Defense and efficient offense are far from dead in this league.

• Agree Agree x 1