1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's a football guy, he runs the Senior Bowl :shrug:.

2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Wrong, the Steelers pay their players well they just don't give out as much guaranteed money as other teams. AB was the highest paid WR when he got his deal, Ben makes over 20 million a season, Bell was the highest paid RB in 2017, they just made Pouncey the highest paid center :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The more I think about this trade the more pissed off I get.

A 3rd and a 5th from Gruden of all people. You know he's yukking it up hard tonight.

We let an immature diva get the best of us right after we previously let another idiot tar the image. There are serious problems in that locker room and it's at least one step higher than Ben Roethliberger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The problems are gone. Harrison, Bell, Brown.
    Bye Bye.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Guaranteed money is still money and like you said the Steelers don't give out as much. It sucks that most other teams are doing this but it helps circumvent the cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers only give big guaranteed money to the QB, but their star players with their annual salaries are paid well.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Salary cap should be abolished. Maybe if the players have any sack in the next CBA negotiations, they wont go down like a cheap hookers like they did in 2011.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No way should they get rid of the salary cap.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Especially not if you're a Steelers fan.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Without the salary cap the Steelers (and other smaller markets) would struggle against large markets like New York, LA, Chicago, etc...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Agreed on that. Steelers look bad at this time but AB has this tendency to be AB and will eventually do things that are disruptive and detrimental. He did not start out that way, and I think he may have had personality changes after a hard hit (known medically as Conkus Bonkus Burfictus). If they use those draft picks to get more guys like Connor and JuJu, no one will remember Brown this time next year. Bell put himself on Idjit Reserve and was not a factor at all in 2018, and they nearly made the playoffs anyway without him. Harrison was a part time player who perhaps could not accept that role.

Sometimes you just have to clean house, and when you do the joint just smells better. Now they can concentrate on the actual game of football.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011

Go ask the Pirates how that’s working out for them....

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    LOL his personality didn't change after the hit by Burfict, I'm tired of seeing that sorry excuse posted in here... He turned into a diva once he got paid and became a star.. Not the first "humble" athlete or celeb to let the fame go to their head.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I feel your pain! With Bell I was kind of glad the saga was over because we couldn’t get anything for him to help us as he was a free agent.With Brown another cancer is gone from the Steelers but a 3 and a 5?The Raiders got a 1 for Amari Cooper from the Cowboys who really hasn’t done squat yet even though he is 6 years younger.Head case and all we should have done a lot better.Who really thinks this deal makes us a better team!Not nearly enough in return for a receiver who has had an unprecedented 6 straight years of at least 100 receptions and well over a 1000 yards receiving!Top that off with the record setting 21 million dollar cap hit and this trade gets a F- !!!!

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We still get comp pick for Bell next year.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Who?!

17. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011

Fat fingered I'm my phone, was , meant for ox.

18. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    When I read about this trade last night and ranted about it I started to wonder how I'd feel in the morning and would something about the trade click and make some sort of sense. I waited a whole day and it still doesn't. I don't care about the money excuse. We were stuck with his salary no matter what so why not just keep him if that's all the better we could do. AB shouldn't be rewarded for his behavior. We've gone from being one of the best organizations in football to one of the worst. This front office just let two of the top 3-5 players at their positions go with virtually no compensation. No competently run organizations would have let this happen. The freaking Raiders just let their top receiver go for a first round pick and only had to give up a 3 and a 5 to get a better one. That's mind-boggling. Our head coach can't coach or control his team. Our front office can't draft defensive players, wont do anything to make the team better in free agency and lets top players go for next to nothing. That's how the Pirates managed their roster for years. The Steelers are a joke right now. I've never been more ashamed of this organization than I am right now. They couldn't be making more mistakes if they were actually trying to screw up on purpose. We will more likely to be drafting in the top 5 after next season than we will be of going to the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Brown may be getting his best pay for 3 years, but he won`t be giving his best 3 years play to the Raiders.

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    With teams backing away from Brown due to his mental defects a 3rd and 5th looks not bad to me. Of course we all wanted better compensation for this top tier player including myself, but, he is a major head case. Gone. Watch what he does with the Faders :lolol:

21. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    I tried to dig up the numbers on AB's Steelers contract, and I believe I found it:

upload_2019-3-11_7-27-37.png

I'm I'm reading this correctly, he would have had cap hits of 18.3 and 19.5 in the next two years. That money should all be cleared up now, right?

Perhaps the Steelers won't be Superbowl contenders this year, but between the cap relief and the comp pick for Bell, they should have some great ammo for next offseason.

As for this year, I'm looking forward to going a season without having to read a major headline about the Steelers every week (hopefully).

22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh ok . With such high credentials I guess I should be expecting some kind of actual proof to back up his statement because I’ve yet to hear any players come out to say that:shrug:

23. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    yes, all of the monies paid out previously that were spread across the deal come due this year...the 21M remaining from signing bonuses. Future salary is off the books. After this year's dead money, he is off the books.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You keep saying "The Rooneys" There is no more Rooneys, there is Art. And there is chaos.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018

Gurnateed money> overall money. Julio had a better contract than AB on the fact that he had more guranteed money. 100% always greater than anything less than 100%. Isnt a gurantee when you sign an nfl contract you will see the life of it. Justin Houston was the highest paid defensive player in history when he signed his deal. He just lost 15 of it when KD cut him this offseason. Lamar Woodley didnt see the whole contract he signed for. That's why the overall numbers are irrelevant unless you're a franchise qb because a team can cut you and see none of that. Like look at AB. He had ZERO GURANTEED money left in that stupid ass contract he signed in 2017.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019