1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Capital After AB Trade

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Mar 10, 2019.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Like many, I am disappointed with the return in the AB deal. However, at least the ordeal is over.

So what do we have and what is our draft capital?

Pick #20 - 850
    Pick #52 - 380
    Pick #66 - 260
    Pick #83 - 175

So do we stand pat and make these picks? I think that's probably what we do. We have holes to fill and that likely makes the most sense.

We could package a few picks together and get to the #9 or #10 spot. I think the aim of this type of move would be to leapfrog the Bengals and take LB Devin White.

My preferred plan of action is:

1. CB/S
    2. S/CB
    3a. WR
    3b. ILB

• Like Like x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Agree with the preferred plan of action overall NB! That being said though, it all depends on how the board breaks for us overall. If anything, should Devin White, somehow, someway, fall to the 15 range, do not be surprised if Kevin elects to trade up.

That being said, agree with you on the overall value. However, keep in mind that Pittsburgh did initially set the bar high in terms of trade value for Antonio Brown. They were giving him away initially.

4. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Was also thinking before fans go selling and burning all their AB jerseys:

draft WR AJ Brown from Ole Miss and give him #84.

Problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I want no part of trading a ton of draft capital for Devin White. Montez Sweat, maybe. White, no. He’s got a ton of potential, but he makes me nervous because I see too much hesitation at the snap. I wonder if he’s too slow to process what’s going on at the start of the play. I also don’t like that he often plays run defense by backing away from blockers and conceding yardage instead of trying to stack and shed. I think Shazier was a very superior LB prospect coming out of school. I think Roquan Smith last year was a very superior prospect coming out of school.

I like him a lot, and would be thrilled to get him at 20. I may even trade a 3rd to get to the mid teens for him. There’s too much defensive talent to trade way up to the top 10 IMO.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't wait until the third round to get a ILB, the depth at the position isn't great. Probably a drop off after Bush and White, will Germain Pratt be on the board at #52?

7. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Well naturally it all depends on how the draft breaks and who is available.

If Pratt is available at #52, you take that all day long.

I was just evaluating our biggest needs, in my opinion, are CB and S.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Their biggest need is ILB, they have starters at safety in Davis and Edmunds. I would take Pratt at #52 though, but I doubt he will still be there.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If we could use our original 3rd to move up and get Devin White I would be all for it. I'm not sure that would be enough because I feel like White is a top ten pick.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I seen 2 mocks with greedy Williams falling to us. man, if that happens I could care less what they do from that point lol

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Not a huge fan of white. Not so sure he is a top10 talent. These guys speed is getting many caught up in their actual talent. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if Bush is the pick. I also don't think this group drops off as quickly as many think.

Coney
    Tranquill
    Long
    Pratt
    Connelly
    Gilbert
    Johnson
    Summers
    Cushman
    and a few others are not as far off as many think. There is also the free agent route.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah but how many of these guys are plug and play?

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    No different than any other rookie. Especially if they come from a similar system.:cool:

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Greedy had a terrible combine. Not sure what to make of that. Sometimes guys are terrible at Combine and play good ball on tape. I think the combine just makes average players make NFL GM's fall in love with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but I have seen him play alot. He is the real deal on the field. Of course I have been wrong more than right lol

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'll take your word on it!!!

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    There's absolutely no one in this draft defensively worth trading up for in my view that will be available outside the top 10. We have way too many needs and the price to move up in the first is ridiculous.

I would be very willing to move up in the second round for Germaine Pratt if he is still available. I think 10 spots or so would get him hopefully. This is assuming we go CB in round 1.

Even with losing AB84 if Colbert goes WR in the first or second round, then he does not know how to build a complete team imo.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Well that would depend on what we bring in as free agents. I just saw we are interested in Bradley roby.
    bring in a mycheal kendricks or deone buccannon and I would be fine with a wr. We lost ab, dhb, hunter and jesse. :cool:

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d really like this scenario. Murphy in the 1st, Pratt in the 2nd after trading up.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I recently read an article that breaks down Kendricks’ legal situation with Federal sentencing guidelines, and if the guidelines are followed by the court he would go to prison for a while - maybe a few years. I believe his sentencing is in early April, so it should be known after the first wave of free agency and before the draft.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I thought that was over already and he received no jail time. :cool:

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you are right elvis. Still waiting to hear. Could be 30-37 months or a slap on the wrist and in the second wave of free agency. How long did Martha get?:cool:

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    True, free agency pick ups will determine a lot.

I see Bradley Roby signed with the Texans and John Brown signed with the Bills

24. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    With Nelson signed and moncrief signed, now would be a good time to sign deone bucannon and then draft Bush or Wilson to team with him. Then we get fant.:cool: