1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    So how many Super Bowls did we win with L. Bell and A. Brown on the team???????

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    It's a team sport. I dont understand why that questions keeps coming up. "Who's more important, Belichick or Brady? WHo makes it, Ben or Antonio. Well, if AB doesnt get thrown too, no. If AB doesnt catch the ball, Ben dosnt get his either. If Brady isnt throwing, Belichick doesnt win. If Belichick doesnt game plan, Brady cant play defense or Special teams or block or catch the ball, you see where I am going with this?

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    zero.zero :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    As much as they will win in the next 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's not Ab's fault, that is Rooney's fault for allowing Tomlin to create such a toxic environment that there is no pride in being a Steeler anymore, players want OUT!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There isn't a smiley, an emoticon, or any other thingy to express how correct this is!

7. Steelerway8511

Steelerway8511 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    You know the old saying. First generation builds it, Second maintains it and the Third F$&$# it all up.

In all seruserious though, AB needed to go it just would have been nice for the Steelers to get a decent return. Hopefully in the short run they will be a better team. Pressure is on JuJu and I think he will step up. A couple decent FA and an excellent draft and this team, I firmly believe, can still make a deep run!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The bottom line is he is gone, as well as the rap giant. Rid of the Me Me players. Now it's time to NOT extend Tomlin. Big season coming up and we will see how old Popcorn handles the situation. His lack of discipline letting men be men has caused some of this not running a tight ship. Will he change his ways? This season will tell the tale. Unless Art II throws him a contract extension. That would be a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    based on the post Steeler careers of Sanders,Holmes and Wallace..My money is on Ben!!!

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Who the F is Jim Nagy? Funny with all the things said about AB I've yet to hear from any players claiming he was a problem in the locker room. Currently a head case? Quite possibly. It's just that in 9 years we never heard any of these stories about him not staying with the team during camp and that he's a cancer....yada yada. The challenge of replacing him and how his work ethic inspires others and the on field production will prove to be a much bigger factor than his not known until now " supposed" negative effect on the locker room. Yet they still flock to FLA. or now maybe Oakland to train with the best. Interesting.

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well AB can't throw it to himself and Ben can't catch it himself . So I would say both parties shared in the success...

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Apples to oranges my man. That is the comparison of a player and coach. I am debating the success of a player's performance due in part to another player. For that matter, one major issue many people still either have ignored or do not realize yet;

Wide Receiver is a dependent position. It is dependent because that specific Wide Receiver will not always have the ball in their hands. The same rules apply to Antonio Brown. For that matter, the same rules applied to the likes of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and many other Hall of Fame receivers. Now, having a transcendent Wide Receiver definitely helps for certain. However, there is one position that supercedes even them.

The Quarterback, on the other hand, is not just the most valuable position in American Gridiron Football but also the most influential position in Amercian Gridiron Football. Every outcome is predicated on how well that person can carry the offense and, in some cases, the entire team. Ben has carried this team already years prior. We have seen the likes of Aaron Rodgers as well. God knows how many times Tom Brady has.

Yes, you are correct, it is a team sport. All 53 players need to be at their best week in, week out. Elite talent will only carry a team so far; elite talent that is hazardous to the entire team no less. For me and, as I said, in the short term, Antonio Brown has won. In the long term, Pittsburgh will be the winner.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Sanders did better without ben.. made 2 pro bowls, got a ring, and had 4 straight 1000 yd seasons. Plaxico did better without him as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Only guy that ever came out and bashed AB was Clark and he also at the same time BASHED Ben. Everyone else has praised AB as a teammate. Several have criticized ben.

15. BlueSteel

Jan 15, 2016
    True bout ES..but he did have Ole Turkey Neck throwing to him..Carr....I dunno

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont see him doing the same with carr as he did with Ben. I still think he will be highly productive but that's it. Amari cooper did make 2 pro bowls with Derek carr so there's that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BlueSteel

Jan 15, 2016
    I'm not happy with the results but glad it's over with..maybe Ben won't feel obligated to throw into double.triple coverage just to appease his ass, and we can get a decent LB and RB and get back to Steeler football..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steelerway8511

Oct 7, 2018

Sanders was with Peyton Manning and Plaxico with Eli. Carr not in that conversation

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree no where near. I always thought carr was below average. But he's saying as if Ben is sole reason certain guys are good which is false.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp back to the old Steeler ways. Though this puts a huge dent in our sb chances for Ben's last run.

21. Steelerway8511

Oct 7, 2018
    AB has never caught a TD pass from anyone other than BB a regular season/playoff game. I thought that stat was interesting for all the time BB has missed in the past

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I could see Rooney giving him an extension this summer. I absolutely hope not, but old habits die hard.

23. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm glad he's gone and this diva BS is over. Yes I wish we would have gotten more for him but they can bundle the picks and move up who knows, we found Brown in the sixth round I believe. Imagine how much fun he is going to have with Carr as his quarterback.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    How many did we win with Rod Woodson?

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    And yet Carr made a lot more money then Ben. Like it or not, the Steelers do pay under market value. No I'm not saying the Steelers should have given into Bell and Brown. But unfortunately more and more players probably aren't going to settle for the hometown discount.

• Agree Agree x 1