1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are #1 laughing stock, might be the wake-up call we need

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Mar 10, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No I am not but you are missing my point. The Steelers have all the power since Ab was under contract the next 3 years. If he wanted out he should have took the deal with the bills who the heck is AB to tell the Steelers what to do? The Steelers have the power to dine him every week and make him inactive. Yeah it would have been perfect but it would have sent a message to him sayin the Steelers are the boss. What has just happened was all about AB and not in favor of the Steelers.

2. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    This downward spiral started a while ago. It was masked by a couple Super Bowl wins but it started almost 15 years ago when they were the big endorsers of that pig in the commissioners office. Then the league made the players sign one of the worst CBA's for players I have seen in my adult sport watching life. The two biggest FU players just happen to tell the league and the old school Steelers to eat **** and it just happen to happen in the same year.

Steelers ended up being the experiment by the players to tell the owners to eat it. Enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Do you really think they would have dined him every week?:sneak:;+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Your delusional. The Rooney's are the gold standard of ownership in any sport.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I do after all that he has done. You gotta play hard ball and hit him where it hurts the wallet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The stomach? :lollmao::D

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So what are they Fining him for?

8. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    When he acts out you don’t think he will if we kept him?

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Like #5 and our kicker Hahahahahahaha!
    Oh but he has a big paycheck

• Like Like x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I constantly hear that but based on what? What do they do that is so much better than any other professional sports owner?

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They'll trade a 3rd and a 5th for a 4th, and maybe some magic beans.:unsure:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There not a laughing stock, They did the best they could. Mike Tomlin
    is not my favorite everybody knows this. But Steelers are as professional
    as they come when being fair to their players and know how to run a football team.
    I am sure that Art II sat in on his fathers dealings for years. They have come across 2 outspoken selfish
    individuals that don't want to listen to their owners, coaches anybody. They were more interested in building their brand
    than the Steeler brand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t recall them fining Harrison when he acted out? And apparently AB was acting up earlier in the season and no fines?

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

This video is not far from what we hear each and every post game and on his Tuesday pressers. I laughed my @ss off. Please, Please Art II don't extent him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is one of the most hilarious post that I have ever seen on this board. I'm laughing because I refuse to cry. Karma has reared its ugly head on this team. I told you all that the curse of madden was real. Tore this team apart

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I don’t remember Harrison acting out just a bunch of bs that was reported by angry fans. As for ab actingbup name when he acted up this season? I mean some of you fans act like ab was a cancer yet he did nothing but put up numbers. All the problem happened with ab in the off season. And it was social media stuff. Sorry but to act like ab was some kind of jerk this year is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    BS reported by fans? Lol.

19. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Can't wait to see how this draft pans out.

20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I see your point but that isn't good for business. They had no choice man. Buffalo backed out cause he wouldn't sign. Pitt didn't pull the deal. It takes 2 to dance. I am just of the opinion they needed and wanted to move on. Everyone talks about wasting Ben's final years. You would definitely waste next year keeping him

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    How do you waste it if you trade him mid season like the raiders did with cooper? The Steelers are/were in charge they tell ab not the other way around. The freakin raider have three first rounders they want him they should pay. I agree need to move on but at this point what we got in return is a joke. Jmo.

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This simply doesn't apply any more. It's sad! The Steelers "were the best franchise in all of sports. The Steelers "are" dysfunctional right now. As Art II rises, the Steelers plummet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He would make it worse if it kept on. Give him another half year on social media and we would have to give OUR first for someone to take him

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm glad somebody else sees this. And I know you're not the only one. A couple members on this board seem to think we all genuflect at the Rooney altar.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe but we won’t know right? What is the difference if we keep him and deactivate him at 22 mil or let him go for 21 mil? I get the whole him being a problem but really if he is deactivated and away from the team what problem could he be? Not to mention he wants the spotlight and deactivating him would kill him after awhile. We won’t know this cause we gave into him.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019