1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are #1 laughing stock, might be the wake-up call we need

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    There is no team in the NFL that has taken a bigger "L" than Pittsburgh has taken over the AB trade, lockerroom disfunction, and oh so little to show for all the talent they've amassed.

As humiliating as it is for this franchise I'm actually glad. Seriously.

This may be the wake-up call they DESPERATELY needed. I just hope they get tough and make the necessary changes... I highly doubt it, but I hope they surprise me. :facepalm:

**pours shot of whiskey**

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can find your way back up....

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I have been a fan since I was 3 years old and dropped a bowling ball on my thumb at a party. Watched the 78 sbl with my thumb in ice bucket at the bar in bowling alley. Mesmerized by Lynn swann and my steeler addiction started. I am so disgusted in the Rooneys right now I do not even know what to say. The fact that you never even made it to the sbl in the killer B era is inexcusable .You still have a great qback even though he is severely overrated. You still have the best offensive line in football. You still have a team that if you plug in 2 players in free agency, one wide receiver and one cornerback you could easily at minimum play in AFC championship next year... I think the rooneys are shot and I think they will do nothing. Please please prove me wrong.... I have never been so disgusted to be a steelers fan in my entire life....................

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But they've only had three coaches in 50 years! Don't you understand how awesome that is? :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

Yea and people laughed at terry when he said tomlin was not a good coach... Terry is much smarter than people give him credit for.......

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Yes, but we've lost Dan Rooney. By all accounts, even admitted by Art Rooney Sr in his biographies, that Dan Rooney was the single biggest reason to help turn the Steelers into a franchise to be reckoned with in this league.

I hope I'm wrong but Dan Rooney's passing feels like the end of a great dynasty. Like a great king dying and his weak successor taking his place, things decend in to chaos.

We might have burried a lot more than just Mr. Rooney in 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I get a lot of crap when I suggest this but I'd like to see new ownership. Obviously that's never going to happen but I can dream.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    New ownership...
    Lol...

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Haha I know you'll never agree. You and roonatic to name a few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No. Keeping him would make us a laughing stock. I dont get what you people wanted. Keep him and not play him? What good does that do? Cut him and get nothing?

It would have been great if we could have got a 1st, 2nd,, 3rd, and 4th for him. Didnt happen. Move on. They did.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Us a laughing stock no...........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not many are going to agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I think you'd be surprised.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There’s a handful of rable rousers here talking nonsense, but that’s about it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Take that 3 & 5 and move up in Draft.
    Don’t gamble with two picks that may not make team.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Have you polled the entire Steelers fan base? I'd love to see the results.;+)

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They'll probably try that, but what draft spot is a 3 and a 5 going to yield?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No I haven’t. But who’s really calling for a change in ownership here? A handful of people. And a handful of people blabbing about it nonstop doesn’t make it more people.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It was a joke, but a poll of the entire Steelers fan base would be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I strongly disagree keeping him and sitting his a$$ on the bench would drive him crazy. Deactivate him every week keep him away for this team would kill him. He is gonna count 21 mil on our cap gone and 22 mil if he stayed. We owned him for 3 more years who the hell does he think he is telling us we can’t trade him to the bills? We could have been picking 9th but no we get a 3rd and 5th round. Stop stop stop. People talk about the Steeler way well we could have flexed a little muscle here and made brown squirm.

Coooer was traded in mid season for a first AB should be getting twice that. The Steelers hold all the power but they choose to get rid of AB and all the crap he caused and I get it but don’t like it. I feel we should have played hardball with him and got fair value for him....this 3rd and 5th is a freakin joke just to get him out of here. Jmo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Can’t keep him and sit him. You’d have the cap hit plus you’d have to pay his salary ( I think $14 million). Doesn’t make good business sense. Plus you think he’s acting out now? What do you think he’d do if the did that?
    It would be a nonstop distraction.
    Not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  23. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess you would be in favor of doing like the chiefs and just release him for nothing? There is no way u can keep him and have him around next yr. Sorry buddy. Just cant happen

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    We can't just get new ownership and I wouldn't want to if we could. As dysfunctional as the Steelers are, and they are the poster child for dysfunctional right now, there are more bad owners than good and I'm okay staying with Art II but somehow, some way, the message needs to get to him that he needs to take drastic measures yesterday to get this cluster-**** fixed. For the first time since I became a fan in 1970, I am embarrassed!

You can't blame Roonatic, he will never let anyone say anything about his favorite uncle, and Glenn is just Glenn:puking 3:Shut up! You are stupid! You're wrong and I'm right! If you don't believe me just ask me! My Steelers are going to be fine just you wait and see!

• Like Like x 2
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You sure can you think giving in to him after we paid him all this money is good business sense? It is a no win situation but we gave into him. And to respond to him acting out well we can fine the crap out of him. I do agree however there would be distraction but it would only be for a little while once he was told you ain’t going anywhere until you shape up. If you want out shape up or be fine every week. All it would take is a set of balls from ownership and front office. Jmo

• Agree Agree x 2