1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am not so sure. The Clown is going to get a lot of money, sure, but who is going to feed him the ball on the field, Carr? So, he'll go to Oakland, become a nobody statistics wise, get pissed off, throw a tantrum, become a cancer, the Raiders will not improve but get worse, and Chuckie will get credit for another personnel deal that staggers the imagination. Losers both Oakland and the clown.. WInners, the Steelers and their fans.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    A terrible ball thrown by Ben for sure. Maybe AB wasn't willing to keep practicing it until BB was fully confident in it. Maybe BB asked nicely in practice, maybe this was the last straw to communicate that. Other than the gatorade outburst, when did BB comment about AB in the media? I agree things should be kept in house but sometimes comments get made out of frustration building up. The other comments BB made in the media about others didn't seem that extreme to me. If BB said it without any valid reasons other than him covering his own a**, then he is a dumba**. I've seen BB take responsibility for a lot of losses over the years. Usually I think he would pin that pass on himself but something else must have been going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    It’s not all on Tomlin. The way the Steelers structure their contracts is partly to blame. It’s what cost them Bell and for years Brown played on a “bargain” deal. Ultimately if the organization wants to keep players happy it’s going to have to change the way it structures contracts and increase the guaranteed money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    HELL YEAH!!!!!!!! And they were just talking about that on sports center.......

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Several former members of the team that played with Ben all criticized his leadership. When you point fingers at others that always outweighs you taking any blame. The real leaders never publicly call out any player, coach, or coordinator for anything. Then its reported Ben thinks he's above criticism and reproach by anyone. That was basically confirmed by what Colbert said. It can work with young guys who have proven nothing but that's not AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    BINGO. This isnt 30 years ago. In this day and age if you want to keep talent you have to pay. They simply thought they could keep literally the best guys at the position to take home town discounts. Only reason NE gets to do that is because Brady never took a big pay day even before Giselle, he's a great leader and teammate, and they always are in the sb conversation. We have just missed the playoffs and have a qb who's the ultimate diva at the position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Way to hose yourself Steelers FO. A 3rd and a 5th? Did you get a pair of cleats also?:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben threw 2 other players and the OC under the bus in that same interview.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

I agree with you 100%, I'm glad he's gone but I would have rather seen the Steelers grow a pair and tell Brown, that he is under contract and we'll see you in July for the next 3 years. If you don't like it, RETIRE. Colbert should be fired for allowing Brown to control this situation and make the organization look totally incompetent in dealing with personnel issues. There wasn't much they could do with Bell because he was a free agent. This was a situation they could have controlled if they wanted too. Looking back, I bet Buffalo fans are ticked as well for their G.M. not being able to get the same garbage deal.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    In the short term it sure does look like it.

He's definitely not going to win a championship in Oakland, so he will retire ringless. But it's obvious he cares far less about that than both his stats and his persona. His stats will suffer no doubt, but being in Vegas will catapult his celebrity which I think is the MOST important of the two. Of course, there is the inevitability that he will destroy the Raiders locker room and if that happens before the move to LV, his celebrity will suffer.

It will be fun to watch. How long will he be a good citizen? Eventually the prima donna and the ego and temper tantrums will crack through and Chuckie is going to lay down the law like MT never did. How AB responds to that will tell that tale. My money is on we're repeating this whole scenario in 2 years. Or less.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Well, that’s a hellluva kick in the nuts on a Sunday morning! Terrible deal IMO...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It`s all kind of sad now that it is over. Sad that it had come to this. Sad how poorly we get compensated. Sad how our offense may struggle passing the ball without AB (judging by our last game). Sad when I start thinking about the future. Sad that the 3 "Bees" are down to one short timer and no Super Bowl is in sight.

I think we may be forced to improve defense and running game (which we need to do anyway) in the short term and I think that is what the owner and fans want overall. I suspect our draft will try to find another Juju, a strong RB, but the rest of the picks will be defense.

13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Please stop scape goating Ben.
    If you can't see that this was all about the Benjamins then you're blind.
    Ben being a bit of an ******* himself is just a convenient excuse for Brown to act out and not take full blame.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This.
    People act like we’re screwed because of the trade. We were taking that cap hit whether he was here or not. We actually saved a million by trading him.
    Some (actually just one person) said he was untradable which he wasn’t.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Whoohoo stockpiling picks two3's two5's two 6's lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Even if he does he got 30 million guaranteed no matter what. That's why the players go the lengths they do for guranteed money.

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Nope AB wasn’t untradeable but we really did great on this deal smh. Ok we pay 21 mil for him to play for another team great economics. Some people don’t get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That played a role but did he ask pittsbrugh for money? You'd have a point if he did, they said no, and then asked for a trade.

19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Remember now, Ben came out publicly and said that he wanted AB traded (I believe it was fri or yesterday). Whatever Ben want ... Ben get .. in Colbert's eyes

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We don’t pay anything. That’s a cap hit.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Serious what do you think a cap hit is that was signing bonus we had paid him upfront......why don't you get that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He just signed an extension in 2017. He look like a real dick to ask for more money in 2018, wouldn't he? It's much easier just to scapegoat the other ego on the team and play the victim when in fact he got just as much IF NOT MORE special treatment than Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Brown will receive a $19 million signing bonus which is the guaranteed portion of the contract.

Per multiple outlets the Steelers restructured Brown's contract on March 7, 2018 by converting his $6 million roster bonus and all but $915,000 of his base salary to a signing bonus.

All money we have paid......

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Julio Jones held out last yr and after just signing a deal the year prior and got more money :shrug:... and COLBERT just essentially came out and said BEN is above everyone else. He said the ENTIRE 52 MAN ROSTER.

25. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Well, it’s easy to play out the scenarios. By drafting TWO long-snappers we’ll have twice as much chance of keeping one before the season starts. Or, you could bundle a couple of those picks and trade up for a decent punter. Based on the way our offense performed without AB in week 17, we’re going to need an upgrade in that position.

Glad we’ve moved on since AB had, but....*SIGH*....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1