1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    All of these AB threads should be moved to the General NFL Talk forum

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is an effin joke, this whole thing has been a joke. I am glad AB and all his crap is gone but I am not happy about a 3rd and 5th and our 21+ cap hit. People can say what they want about AB off the field but on the field there is NO ONE better. You can't replace a future HOF with a 3rd and 5th, heck many on the NFL network have been saying all week you can't replace talent with draft picks. The Steelers are in a win now mode and this don't help....rah rah we got a 3rd and 5th woo hoo....omfg.

Now before all the usual rose colored glasses fans on here tell me how wrong I am I don't care. This is my opinion and the way I feel and that is what you do on a message board. Let me be clear I am glad AB is gone with all his BS he has done but what we got back is a freaking joke!!!!!!!

:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree but when AB pulled his crap with the Bills we were kinda stuck. To bad the Jets and Eagles didn't step up to raise the price for the Raiders. One question does the Bills and Raiders play this year????

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Mayock/Gruden school Colbert.

I think there was probably some payback for the Bryant trade last year when we stole a 3rd from them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Pretty pathetic, but they clearly wanted to cut the PR cancer out. We basically got the same compensation for MB last year.... so the difference was only a 5th rounder between the two? Ouch. At least we can move on without the drama.

6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Glad AB is gone but Art continues to hurt this franchise. He is such a coward.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The reality is that Tomlin created this mess. He is lazy in his approach to preparation and it means the teams need to rely on their stars to win games. That fact isn't lost on the players and so they know they can do pretty much what they want and Tomlin lets it go. Not only has Tomlin allowed the diva behavior to begin but he fostered it by having a tier system in how guys were treated, that isn't a team atmosphere.

This is one of the reasons I wanted rid of Tomlin, he just isn't the right guy to deal with egomaniacs. As far as Colbert, I had faith in him up until they decided to pick up the 5th year option on Bud Dupree. That decision is still lost on me and going back and watching the games from last season I still can't understand what they are seeing that made them think he was worth keeping.....At 9 million!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    So disgusted by this, it's ridiculous our coaching staff couldn't reach him, best wr on the nfl and they can't get him to be a team player....sad..

They had to see this coming. They trade him last year, it's a first and a later pick. Now, a fifth and a third..... ouch...

Another difference between the Steelers and the Patriots, they would have been ahead of this, the Steelers were behind it and waited until they had no leverage to get true value from him.... Sad

A team with Ben, Bell and brown and a respectable defense gets no championships. ****ing sad.

Wtf Steelers, thanks for making yourselves an 8-8 team at best the next few years due to a couple years of idiocy

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Couldn't we have at least snagged Jordy Nelson ?

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree and disagree, I am not a Tomlin fan and dislike the direction this team is going in with him. However you can't blame Tomlin for the way AB has acted in all this and you can't blame Tomlin for AB rejection a trade to the Bills which lead to us getting peanuts for him. Tomlin has a lot of blame as does the front office and ownership.........God did I just stick up for MT???????

11. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I know some players said they wanted AB back but I think the locker room will be a lot tighter this year. Amazing skills, works his a** off in practice but I'm sure some of his in game antics, not being a total team guy (i.e. not staying in room at camp) wore a bit on others. I know a lot of non-Tomlin fans on here but I believe he can control things moving forward. Seems like the players really like playing for him (too much a players coach possibly) and I think the players will roll with any changes he makes. Will be an interesting remainder of the year but this team is still playoff caliber.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah until Ben throws an INT and gets on his radio show and calls someone out.......which Colbert is fine with!:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not like the Steelers can just say hey, we want your 1st rd pick. I honestly believe this is the best deal they could get.
    That's not Colbert's fault. Start a new year with the drama gone completely. I cant wait.

I hate to day this but guys, this is the future of the NFL. The players are gonna have all the power

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    These are crazy times, NY, crazy times.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I usually start the day with coffee but I just replaced it with a few shot of whisky.....omfg!!!!!!!

16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sunday morning, the birds are chirping, sun is shining, and the Steelers just got cured from cancer. Its gonna be a good day, tater.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Thought they should of done better than a 3rd and 5th, but he had to go, his antics leading up to this didn't help. Bell and Brown, dumb and dumber.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The fact of the matter is, they did not have to accept the compensation the Raiders were offering. It is blatantly obvious that the players are running this team, and as long as MT and KC are here, that will not change. Any GM that can only get a 3rd and a 5th round draft pick for arguably the best running back in the game and the best wide receiver in the game, is no better than Matt Millen......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Please tell me we did not just lose the 2 top 3 players in the league for a stocking full of coal??????????

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He's talking about all the things that led up to AB wanting out. He didnt just wake up one day and say **** Pittsburgh I want out just because.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Would you all say AB won?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I understand that but I am talking about how AB handled that. I am not a Tomlin fan but you can't blame him for the reactions of AB. You can blame him for the cause, AB is a grown man act like it.........

For the record if you go back and check I was one of the few backing AB until his last few out bursts!

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

No.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    How didnt he? He got his money and got out of Pittsburgh. He got what he wanted. Pittsburgh wanted a 1st rd pick. They didnt get what they wanted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Well we can always mess it up worse,, It wont be offical till Wed ..:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1