1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 10, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes the nightmare is over, the Steelers get 2019 third round and fifth rounds picks :shrug:. He gets a new deal 3 years 50 million with 30 million guaranteed.

2. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I can't believe that I'm the first to respond to this news. Glad AB and his antics no longer plague the Steelers. Not sure how I feel about a third and a fifth tho.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm happy about it. There is some depth this year on the defensive side. They can make use of those picks. I'm not that all convinced this offense will be much less productive without Brown.

Yes he was a great receiver. Yes they have many other weapons that can play on offense.

I'm excited moving forward, but the challenge is on for Colbert and Co. Got to make this draft count.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I have to admit, Antonio played the game correctly. He got what he wanted.

Sadly I'm afraid this type of thing will now become a precedent, but at least we don't have to hear the end of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    In other words, the Steelers LOST bigtime by betting on big time players with gaurantees.

Some here need to let that sink in a bit.

How many Superbowls did the Steelers with with Antonio Clown?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Disappointed at the low draft pick, but also glad the speculation is over...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, it look to me like Brown and the raiders won here. The Steelers shouldve snagged one of those 1st rd picks. Then they could be gotten an instant impact guy (lber) and corner in round 1 and maybe a wr in 2nd. Or, atleast a 2nd. Impact first and corner and wr in the 2nd.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wish AB nothing but the WORST! 3rd and a 5th for the best receiver in football??? :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    A 3rd and 5th round pick is not realistically what the Steelers had hoped to get for Brown but thats the mess that AB created by being a pain in the ass doing the things he did the last 2 months. The fact that the Raiders have 3 first round picks and didn’t have to give up one of them to get AB is very very dissapointing. I guess it’s better then nothing though and the Steelers can now finally begin to wash their hands of this entire situation and move on. Got a lot of money in free agency to spend and a bunch more draft picks now gotta make the most of both if you’re the Steelers. Replacing AB and his production at wideout will not be easy for the Steelers to do.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Finally, lets move on to building an AFC North champion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    He diminished his trade value tremendously with his antics since the end of the season.Not at all happy with a 3rd and 5th round pick.Some on here were complaining about the Buffalo deal where we would of gave up our 20th for their ninth which I was elated at considering the damage that was done.The ninth pick in the draft is probably an immediate impact player!A three and a 5th,are you kidding me?It’s not about the headache Oakland got but about the value picks we got which almost amounts to us giving him away.Not happy at all considering Oakland had three first round picks.Hapy he is out of here but we got scraps, very disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    At least it’s over. AB with his antics threw away anything good in draft picks the Steelers would get in return.

The wanting more money drove most teams away and throw in the video antics and this is why the Steelers only got 3rd and 5th round picks.

Trading him to Oakland means not playing him the next two seasons. Unless they meet in playoffs or both teams finish in the same place in their divisions this coming season.

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well you’re probably looking at a bundle of picks to move up and get someone in the first or second round that they like.

3rd and a 5th and they just gave up a 3rd last year for Bryant and then they go and top up his contract with guarantees?

If they wanted to secure him that bad there should have been a first or second rounder in there.

Isn’t this a renegotiation year for the CBA? I bet they’re hedging on a lock-out and saving some of that cash.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Something else to think about. The entire cap savings from Bell sitting out just got eaten up! Forget about a splash FA!

19. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  20. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Here's a great link on the trade from NFL.com Colbert was the big loser in all this. As usual lately. We will get nothing with those mid round picks that justify trading the best receiver in the game. We eat 21 million in dead cap money and get no free agent that will be worthy a damn. The Steelers will be browsing the bargain bin at the end of free agency as usual. I am sick to death of Colbert.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ade-antonio-brown-to-raiders-who-won-who-lost

21. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    It amazes me we couldn’t even get their 34th pick in the draft.So we lose two of the top 5 players in the N.F.L. Who I admit became cancers on the team but kind of a coincidence it all happened within a few years.Something underlining isn’t right!A third and a fifth.What a joke!!!!

22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Tomlin and Colbert. That's what's happening

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Not exactly. He costs us $1 million less than he would have cost us on the roster ($21 million vs. $22 million). We have quite a bit of of cap space, and a new deal with Ben + a number of other moves that should come up soon like cutting Burnett and Bostic, and extending Haden, should help as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    A third and a fifth? So much for idea that Colbert wouldn't deal him unless they got adequate return. The Steelers decided to take what they get and rid themselves of a headache. I don't think they were wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    It started about the time Dan Rooney died.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1