1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shazier's Replacement

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mcam, Feb 21, 2019.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I gotta agree with NY on this one. The first came I watched when evaluating Bush was this OSU game. Pedestrian at best, and that's being generous. Very bad in coverage, albeit tough match ups. His Penn State tape is not much better. His Notre Dame is simply OK.

Those are the big 3 tapes from 2018. All-American? Not in my eyes. Yes he is a superb athlete which he proved at the combine, which actually surprised me because I simply don't see it on tape. 1 career INT is another negative.

When I watch tape on Germaine Pratt, I see a much better linebacker even though he only ran 4.57.

I probably don't want either at #20 since I'm more locked in to a CB or S but push come to shove, I would take Pratt over Bush.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah did you see him get toasted by the RB on the wheel route.........we already have that here. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Granted it was Paris Campbell who ran 4.3 but still. I thought Bush looked lost most of that game. IT IS MICHIGAN VS OHIO STATE. It is THE game. You don't think when evaluators get in a room that they won't ask Bush about the Ohio State game? No chance. As I pointed out 2 of the other big games are average as well.

He may turn out to be a stud in the NFL, but he has a lot working against him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I agree and don't get me wrong if we draft him I hope I am wrong and I will root like heck for him just like I do for Edmunds but just watching and giving an opinion I am not liking him so far.......

5. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I finally found the NC state vs Syracuse game. The full game is on the ACC Digital Network channel. It's not a clean breakdown with Pratt highlighted but I will definitely give it a watch tonight. Syracuse was really good this year and Pratt had the following stat line:

16 tackles (14 solo), 2.5 sacks and 1 FF.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I tried telling @Blast Furnace Cuse was good but then ND stopped a mud hole in their butts..........:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    colbert also said they are going after defenders capable of getting turnovers. :cool:

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

Quite a number of hasty forgone conclusions thus far about the general consenus. Colbert's words before the draft ususally outlines not just the draft but the entire offseason. Devin Bush Jr. being drafted by Pittsburgh is pure speculation; more or less being irrelevant.

Ultimately speaking, Byron Murphy should be the primary option for us at 20. If not him, nab a pass rusher. If not that, Chauncey Gardner Johnson would not be a bad pick. Should even he not be available, draft BPA from that point.

Again, no one is stating one player is the pick. It is all speculation.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not really on either side of the fence....right now anyway. That being said I don't think you can point to a guys worst game against his stiffest competition as a true barometer of his ability. Many of these matchups come down to OL vs DL. Who had the better talent or more dominant game in that aspect? What little I watched of Bush I would say he had the same struggles that could be expected from anyone with his style of play. If you're having to ask a guy like him to take on OL all game you're gonna see him struggle. He is definitely the type of ILB that needs to stay clean to make plays. He needs good guys upfront to allow him to run and hit and make plays. I believe we have that here.

I honestly don't know enough nor have I researched enough to give a fair assessment but I do think he is definitely on our radar. I just don't see Tomlin and Colbert not coming away with a ILB this year. If they like him even a little bit and he's there,I think he's the pick IMO. If not you are running the risk again of not coming away with a player that fits our first or second biggest weakness.....jmo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    There were a lot of passes. I didn't see a liability against the run. He wan't dynamic against it though. He was good in the flat. They had two wheel routes in which one he got burnt from a speedy back and the other he was had good coverage. He showed good sideline to sideline speed and running down plays. << which is the biggest need at ILB for this team IMO. He had one mistake he should want back. He had good pursuit in the backfield and made a good play.

One game isn't going to make or break it. Would definitely be down for checking out more video coverage like this, for him or for other ILBs.

Not that my knowledge is going to change what the Steelers do anyways.

11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm down for seeing the tape if anyone can find it.

I'm liking the speed by Bush most of all. The Steelers need to get away from their "dime" package with putting a safety at linebacker. It showed to be a weakness not a strength. They need a 3 down linebacker.

Devin White was fluid in his movements at the combine. He looked like a safety. He will be long gone unfortunately.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree man one game will not make or break for sure and don't get me wrong I am not trying to put down yours or anyone else's opinions. I am here chatting with fellow Steeler fans and getting each others views, I agree with some and disagree with some but that is what a message board is all about.

I try and have fun with this while still trying to be knowledgeable about out picks and potential prospects. I will tell you one think I wouldn't know half the stuff I know(or think I know) if it weren't for this place. There are many here with opinions on different players and I try to take it all in and form my own opinion. I do a lot of reading and then watch as many players games as my free time allows. Just because I disagree with someones assessment of a player don't mean I am right about mine and vice versa. :smiley1:

With that said I still don't want Bush............:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah I way over-analyze everything and have been at least one time wrong. :cool::rawk:

The draft is really a crapshoot. Seems like teams miss more than they hit.

• Agree Agree x 1