1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 TSF DRAFT

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I hope I am not stepping on toes here posting this but with our season over and people still sticking around I thought it would be a good idea to say something. There are a lot of new faces here and maybe some would like to get into this. The one thing I am gonna say is last year we had a lot of empty teams and owners who didn't put the time in. I am not being disrespectful but if this gets going again and if people sign up please make sure your willing to put the time in. I have a ton of fun with this but it gets disappointing when someone gets mad and leaves. I know I look forward to this and just trying to make it a good time with no bumps in the road. This may be our only fun as Steeler fans for awhile so just thought I would bring this up. Anyone who is interested and don't know what I am talking about check out the stickies above.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll go ahead and claim the Chargers like usual... :cool:

and yeah @NY STEELERFAN , there's definitely some with commitment issues on here...ha

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm in as per usual and can help with running it.

This would be a bit of an early start than usual but I know gpguy is around less and less, so someone stepping up is always nice.

Unlike some, I usually like to pick a different team every year. If im not ruining somebody's day I will harness my inner Mike Mayock and take the Raiders.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I was not trying to say start early I just wanted to post something before everyone stopped posting. You know how things go in the off season it slows down a bit. Also I wanted to draw attention to this as there are a lot of new posters here and thought they might be interested, while also letting people know to be serious when signing up....:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I will get back by Free Agency.

Way too many options for me at present.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm in as usual. I'll take the Giants like I normally do.

I like the idea of getting this discussion rolling early. Some tips:

1) Make sure to "watch" the draft announcement and trade threads, and choose email notifications.
    2) Make sure your email address is current: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/account/contact-details.
    3) Don't get mad and take the ball home if you miss a pick. ;+)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Last season the trouble was there wasn't as many GM's as there normally is. I don't recall anyone dropping out over a missed pick or anything.

But yes, thats disruptive when it happens and as usual, it will be made clear several times before teams are selected, which TTF and NY already got the ball rolling on :thumbs up:

We started later than normal last year too, so this is probably a good idea to get people interested beforehand. Maybe we can use this thread to discuss prospects too, keep it active and possibly push the start time up to coincide with the end of the Combine. Open to suggestions.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Let's open this up for choosing GM's. I won't have the other thread ready until next week so lets put the GM's here for now. That usually takes a while so lets start choosing now.

So far we got:

Chargers @SC Gamecock
    Raiders @SteelCity_NB
    Giants @TerribleTowelFlying
    Packers @Steel_Elvis
    Jets @NY STEELERFAN
    Cotls @TuRnDoWnForWaTT

I'll take Detroit again. I'll update this list here as people choose.

TTF, could do your thing on the homepage to let people know we're starting. Thanks :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Beauty. As always I am available to help out with updates throughout the draft and serve on trade committee if need be

• Like Like x 3
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have had the god damn Jets the last few years so I guess I will take them unless someone else would like them I am fine with any team other then the Cheats.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ll take the Packers

12. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Same for me

• Like Like x 1
  13. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I just can't believe that there aren't 31 people on this board who don't find this time of year interesting enough to keep after it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I can it requires a little attention and fun many would rather fight with each other over opinions. At least that's the way I feel it is getting to be around here. I love this stuff it is fun but I guess it isn't for everyone.......:drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I think fans’ ’ “Steelers time” is currently fully booked talking about Mr. Big Chest.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I had a blast last year. I felt like it ran pretty smooth. Some people take longer than others to make picks, but I don't recall anyone getting mad and dropping out.

I will take the Colts again. I'm up for a second team if there ends up being spots that need filled

• Like Like x 2
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Just a FYI whoever takes the Bears I do believe they are without a 1st and 2nd rounder so they might be a good option for a 2nd team

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    btw, I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong that I can't embed pics :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    So, a week since the last post. I’m thinking we’re not going to have a draft this year unless we have something like 8 people with 4 teams each.

21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I will take the Panthers. I work with a guy who is a Panthers fan, so I will consult him. I am willing to take a second team as well.

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Drunk GM is in. I'll take the Bears again this year. And I'll fix the mess that is the Redskins if need be.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm in again. I'll take Tampa!

• Like Like x 1
  25. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I had fun doing this for a couple of years but 2 years ago it seemed all of my picks came on the weekend when I'm never on, so I wasn't selecting for whatever team I had. Didn't take a team last year for that reason.

If you really need people to participate I can try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.