1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirates 100 -1 to win the world series

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by fanforlife, Apr 2, 2018.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Undefeated so far at 4-0. I don't thing they will come close to much more than 500 ball but I bet $100 on them at 100-1.Why not. If a miracle happens I win $10,000 for the animal shelters. That kind of risk,reward is hard to pass up.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Fun so far. BTW - Cutch is 1/16 with Giants. I think it's good that he's not clogging up the middle of the Bucco's lineup as a sacred cow. He was great when he was great but had a lot of poor in-between spans. Cole had an impressive start yesterday and doesn't have to worry about being perfect to survive with such a team to back him up.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Apparently after taking 2 of 3 from Cubs at Wrigley, Pirates have edged up from a 4% shot of making post season before season started to now pushing 30%. So from a 1 in 25 chance to 1 in 3. Not bad. If the season only ended today.............................

What is it with Pittsburgh teams - need incredible O's to overcome generally weak D's. Obviously Pens had both last night and Bucs today. Sweet.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I am optimistic but I'm always optimistic about the Bucs

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have them to win 78 games this year, I hope they do better.

6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I have been wondering which is worse the Pirates starting pitching or their relievers. After last night it think it is a tie, they both suck. Giving up 4 runs in the first inning and 5 in the ninth. If nothing else they are consistently bad. They still look like a 500 club to me.

7. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    3 games over .500!!!!! great year guys Huntington/Nuttings are the best!!! So ready for the offseason when we trade away our relevant players for prospects!!!

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If the Season ended today (Spring Training), the Pirates would be the #1 seed at 3-0 and have a Wild Card Bye (for a change) and home field throughout (depending on the All Star Game outcome). Have to say, that game yesterday against the Marlins was quite impressive, Kang homers in his first two and only AB's and Charlie Hayes' son Ke'Bryan smacks 2 homers with one a walk off Grand Salami. Good for these kids and Kang. Physically, Hayes looks like a cloned cross between Cutch and Marte and plays an awesome 3rd base. If Hayes keeps it up and is promoted I can see the Pirates maybe moving Kang to 2nd or SS if his bat stays strong this season. They could platoon Hayes and Moran at 3rd base. Just hope the pitching stays somewhat steady so they can at least be competitive in their very tough division.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pirates will struggle to play 500 ball this year.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I know, I know. Just looking for a diversion, no matter how small, from the dismal play of the Steelers, Pens and Pitt this last year.

• Agree Agree x 1