1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DRAFT PICK FOR AB

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Feb 20, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So with the recent news of the Steelers and AB parting ways what do you think we are gonna get? I put a list together awhile back about trade partners who we might use to trade back with. Looking at that a couple teams stick out to me as far as draft picks go, now I have no clue what we are gonna get. I have heard a late first to lucky to get a 4th. Also I have heard that the Steelers have said they don't/won't trade him to an AFC team. So who is left.........

Philly has a 1st, 2 - 2nd's, 4th 5th and 6th
    Packers have a 2 -1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2 - 4th's, 5th 2 - 6th's and a 7th........this right here looks like a match
    Cards have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 2 - 6th
    SF has a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th.......lots of talk about here but not a lot of firepower to play with
    TB have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th..... Jackson also is looking for a trade
    NYG have a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th.....and may need a WR if deal Odell.....but why another headache
    Lions have all 7 picks rounds 1 - 7
    ATL has all 7 picks as well but no need for another WR
    Washington has a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th 7th
    Panthers have all 7 picks
    Vikes has all 7 picks but are set at WR
    Rams have a 1st, 4th, 5th 6th
    Saints have a 2nd, 5th, 2-6th, 7th

If we are gonna get a top pick Philly, Packers and Cards could be our best options. If we are only gonna get mid rounders just about anyone but the Pack have 2 - 4th rounders. These are just NFC teams and a little something to talk about other than the negative. What peeks your interest and what do you think is a realistic option?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was reading that they expect as high as a 2nd for him. Maybe philly?:shrug::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Deandre baker
    Deebo samuel
    Noah fant
    Dru tranquill
    T J Edwards

How would this look with that extra 2nd? Not ideal but I could see our heads doing something like this.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Deebo and Edwards now your talking my language. It is funny towards the end of the season Fant was big talk around here now his counter part TJ is getting a lot of the talk, I like both but there is a lot more talk on TJ now than Fant.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think TJ will go in the first. i think fant is right there with him. i like irv smith as well.

another guy not to overlook and i expect a little movement from him by combine time is isaiah johnson the cb from houston. he's got great make-up and closing speed and size.

savage from maryland too. either would help team speed at the DB position. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Nice info Mac, I also liked the little I saw on the kid from Kentucky Johnson.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    At this point the highest 2nd out of conference might be the best option we get.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Packers probably best chance. I still think Rams is a possibility, I'm sure they view themselves as a player away. They win that SB with AB on the roster.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If Mike Mayock had not gone to Oakland, I would consider them a strong possibility. The Rams have to figure out whether to resign Suh, Fowler, Saffold, Joyner and Littleton this offseason. They have Cooks, Kupp, Woods and Reynolds under contract at WR. Brown would be a nice-to-have, but not at the expense of 1 or 2 of their key defenders when they already have talent at WR. I don't see them being in the mix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Is it possible we get less for AB than we did for Martavis Bryant? It seems unthinkable.

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Maybe a player plus draft pick is in play as well.

I could see Detroit, San Fran and Washington as the 3 NFC teams with the most need. Cards and Pack to round out top 5 imo. Their rosters are worth a look..

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like the Packers as the best spot, I do not think the Rams are even an option. I agree with SE on what they have to get signed before they worry about a guy like AB. Cooks is due a crap ton of money and they can't cut him without it killing their cap. If they cut him now it will be 32 mil of dead money and a negative 16.8 mil of cap savings or should I say no savings, lol. I like Cooks but not taking him back with a cap hit of 15.2, 16.8, 16.8, 17.8 & 17.4 the next 5 years. One thing to keep an eye on is if there is a problem with Gurley and the Rams. JMo I think something is up and it is all being hush hush but I have no facts just opinions.

Another team that could be the Bucs with BA as the new coach. I know he has come out and said AB isn't the same player but that could be a way to get him cheaper.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I feel pretty sure that Gurley was playing hurt. He practiced in full, and was available, so they didn’t need to list him on injury reports. However, he was clearly not the same player since aggravating his knee injury late in the season. CJ Anderson just said as much. You can google it and see what he said.

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I have read all that but then you hear Gurley say things like he was fine just playing bad. I also listen to Sirius radio and every so often a comment is made about Gurley making me think there is a problem. Like I said just my opinion but keep an eye on this.....(insert twilight zone music here) :hehehe:

15. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If it's Arizona's second rounder, I could live with it. Picking at 33 will land us another first-round caliber talent before our second round pick. Frankly, though, I'd rather just swap Brown for Patrick Peterson, but the second rounder seems more likely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Carolina/Washington and Oakland, Seattle are our best shots. Maybe Arizona.
    Tennesee is in the house now also.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's really hard to tell. He has the best numbers to everyone up to including Jerry Rice. That alone would be worth a 1st rounder.

On the flip side, he'll be 31 years old which many could see as on the downside of his career. Throw in the fact that he is basically demanding a new contract with new guarantees along with basically stating it's Antonio's way or the highway, he's drastically hurt his value IMO.

Without a new deal, he'll simply hold out just like Le'veon Bell treatening to retire.

So what GM in their right mind would take in all of this information and give up a high-rated draft pick for him?

Randy Moss was traded for a 4th round pick and was much less of a risk than Antonio Brown is demonstrating he is.

So I have little confidence the Steelers get the high pick they want. Other teams know that the Steelers want him gone, and that him interfering with the team comes at too high of a risk.

I think the Steelers take a low ball offer for him eventually in desperation to move him and his distractions, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Steelersrule I got an article for ya

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...nterest-in-taking-on-antonio-browns-contract/

"Despite an NFL Network report that the Broncos were among the teams most interested in trading for Brown, Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver reports that Broncos General Manager John Elway is emphatically not interested in Brown.Despite an NFL Network report that the Broncos were among the teams most interested in trading for Brown, "

Yeah I don't see John Elway bowing down to Antonio Brown. And so it begins. NEXT.