1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So what if he did, he's the damn HC, if he wants to criticize AB then it's his right to do so. You're just speculating anyways, who the hell is AB? Like he is above being called out :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol, he's the scapegoat? Other than the one time that Ben said that he didn't come flat after one game, I've never heard of him being the reason that the Steelers struggle. In fact, I hear Ben getting a lot more of the blame than AB. Just goes to show you how much of a thin-skinned narcissist that he is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Let's put AB on the Patriots. It would never come down to TB and AB's relationship and how much of a leader that TB would be.

Do you HONESTLY believe that Belichick would put up with.......

.....well you know the list. No need to repeat it.

AB would be gone after 1 year in New England.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/484347-patriots-had-to-trade-randy-moss-to-the-vikings

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Was it Ab who called out Ben when he made mistakes. Was it ab who blamed coaches for the reason he messed up? Was it AB who got anyone coaches fired? And why are you bringing up off the field stuff? Michael Irvin was a coke head with several off the file problems but guess what? He was the leader of those 90s cowboys. Lawrence taylor was coke head. Still was the best player to ever play on the defensive side of the ball. Thing is in NE AB would have been cut after that fb live. Tomlin let it slide so opened up a can of worms. Like is stated every single former player has acknowledged the environment your COACH and ORGANIZATION fosters can play a role in how a player acts. And jules plays for ne. Explain why ochocinco didnt do what he did in other locations than in NE? And also you're right. Pittsburgh isnt in the same NFL as the 31 other teams. They cant be compared to them lol.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I sincerely doubt hes talking about outside noise. He's more tha likely talking internally.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No I don't think ANYONE is above being called out. That's the problem. Ben doesnt.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    My point wasnt about his paly but his attitude and demeanor. He was a completely different person in NE. Where you go matters.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    https://archive.triblive.com/sports...ainian-tomlinson-chastise-ben-roethlisberger/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...ethlisberger-needs-to-be-a-better-leader/amp/

Shay Sharpe ain't the only 1

And for the record. Emmanuel Sanders had more success without Ben than he did with him so what does that say?

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That was after 3 years and after moss wanted a contract. He early on had success in NE. Ab wouldnt act how he acts in Pittsburgh in ne. Example ochocinco. Brady doesnt act like he is above the team like Ben does. That's why AB WANTS OUT. He could have worked this out with Tomlin and Ben and they would have kept him. This whole point is why does he want out. The team didnt get rid of him he ASKED TO LEAVE. You're bringing up all his incidents as if that's why hes about to leave..

10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Maybe we can bring in Jim Leyland as a special assistant...I remember fondly the infamous spring training video where...IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE TEAM...

When Barry Bonds was lolly gagging around, Leyland said..." I'm tired of kissing your ****ing Ass, If you don't want to play GTFOH "...

If AB was upset, and quit because he was asked to rerun a play he screwed up...I bet he would would be curled up in the fetal position if this happened

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    So now Ben doesn't get reprimanded by the Steelers or coaches? What hot take led you to believe this? Some hatefilled post by AB? Remember to read between the lines on what people are spewing out there in internet land & when and why.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Johnson was a goofball, he was never a diva on the level of AB.

AB is a grown man, stop making excuses for his bad behavior.

He’s brought all this on himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Gumby would be impressed with your reaching abilities.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2009/10/07/ocho

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/22/...owens-vs-chad-johnson-ochocinco-diva-receiver

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-called-diva-receivers-for-a-reason/38136197/

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...on-ushering-era-diva-wide-133701532--nfl.html

Several seem to consider him a "diva". But of course you want to act like he wasnt a diva because if you acknowledge that he was a diva, that would then IMPLY he was a diva due to the culture he was at in Cincinnati and it's why he was a model citizen in NE. That could then imply if AB went elsewhere he POSSIBLY wouldnt act how he acts in pittsburgh. But of course you dont want to admit you want to protect the franchise it all costs.

And he brought what on himself? The Steelers wanted to WORK THINGS OUT. Ab does not. So what did he bring on himself? You act as if he begged to come back and they said no.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Its facts. But he went way too far with his critique of Ben when he said something like I'm playing with a real qb now in denver or something along those lines. Ben is obviously a GREAT QB. But it's a known thing several pro bowl level guys didnt get a long with Ben. It's a common denominator it cant just be all those guys are assholes and Ben is the second coming to jesus.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Chad was washed up when he got to New England, his act is only tolerable when he's good.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    You sure like to bring up apples while arguing about oranges. I'm not going to be one of the suckers who gets baited. :lolol:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    As much as he moves the target he should be working at a gun range.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

I remember Johnson well, he was a goofball. He wasn't a disrupting force like TO and now AB too. Johnson was all about attention but he didnt wreck locker rooms like TO or have a laundry list of off field problems like AB. He was relatively harmless, just a look at me guy.

Wow, really? All the negative attention coming his way maybe? Walking out on the team because his feels were all hurt and his bizarre behavior since, plus all his off field problems. AB owns all of it.

I don't have a protect the organization at all coast attitude, I called out Rooney for keeping Tomlin so try gain. You however do have a protect the players at all cost attitude. You're a bigger fan of individual players than you are the Steelers. I'm sure you like them but your loyalties do not lie with them.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    For one I'm trying to get to the NFL. That's part of my perspective. For 2 its deeper than football for me. I already said brothers getting paid and setting up their future is more important to me than any franchise. I already explained my outlook in another thread no need to repeat that. And his behavior was bad but the way state it as if the team is the one trying to get rid of AB because of those problems. If AB wanted to remain a steeler the team would have tried to do what they can to work it out because production usurps tolerance. Tomlin even said that. But AB IS THE ONE who wants out. And he is getting negative attention from us but he also has fans from every other non steeler fan base begging for him to come tot their team. If he goes to whoever he foes to and puts up the production he has they will not care at all about what happend and Pittsburgh. And I just gave you several examples of how great players had off the field problems but nobody really cared long as they produced on the field. So again what are you saying?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

And so off the field problems makes a person a diva?

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but Lance Armstrong did PED's and Belichick is surly with reporters, in 69 we put a man on the moon but in the end AB wanted to leave so he's not accountable for any of his actions. So what are you trying to say?

Makes them intolerable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    What his personality was whilst in NE matters none. He didn't do anything to even warrant mentioning his name while there other than his name might have showed up on a roster in them days. Chad Johnson wasn't the head case AB currently is and has been for a bit now. He wasn't pulling the **** AB is on field or off of it. Bill wouldve canned him for being a personality above the team but he was mum because he couldn't make a headline due to his being unable to matter on the field at that point. AB is different in the fact that his off field issues paint who he is which is more than just a me me guy at this point. He EXPECTS that he's done enough to warrant an excuse to his actions. He plays along until whatever happens in his head and implodes. Just a few months ago it was all about him and Ben joking about reports via texts... Now it's him saying this charade is all Ben's fault. The dude produced in the field and lost his **** on the field as well. He's failing in life and needs to blame somebody/play victim in order to rationalize his actions be them the fact that he screwed up after hours or pitched a fit against his QB, teammates and coordinator in game.

He doesn't accept blame for his actions regardless of the setting and until he gets his **** in order hell ultimately pull the same card in another city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.