1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Seriously lame this guy is apparently college educated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He’s trying to sound like Confucius, but instead he sounds like “confuse-us”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Because that's why they continue to win and are having their stars saying ill retire before you send me elsewhere to not play with him.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Reread what I said. I said they both have criticized him publicly and privately including him not running the right route. I never said BOTH criticized him for that same issue and I didnt specify whether Tomlin criticized him for that issue was private or public. I generalized that statement so idk where you pulled what you just said from. I'm saying both have criticized him publicly and privately. Tomlin in meetings has criticized ab for his play such has rujning the wrong route. Hes never criticized Ben for anything including when he throws horrible decisions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And big Ben is some saint off the field? And Ben shouldn't be criticizing anyone at all. Do you hear Brees, Brady, manning, Russell Wilson, etc.. criticizing anyone for their play on the field? And Russell Wilson for example had more than any reason to as Sherman called him cryptically a "uncle tom". That's something as the supposed franchise leader that you dont do. They say Brady treats the guys on the practice squad as if they are hall of Famers. That's what a real leader is.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Still has nothing to do with what is going on in Pittsburgh.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Too many blows to the head.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No he wasn't, stop making stuff up. AB was criticized by Ben for running the wrong route, Tomlin and Rooney commented on his actions for quitting on the team, and not communicating with them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That hit by Burfict in the 2015 playoffs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Again, find me the source to support your statement "Tomlin in meetings has criticized ab for his play such has rujning the wrong route"

11. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Apparently NE stars like cheating to win rather than working for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Even if it is true, so what? It's called coaching and constructive criticism and everyone on any level should be able to take it and learn and grow from it. If he can support his claim and prove it, it actually makes matters worse.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So you believe Tomlin never ever said nothing bad about what AB did on the field in a meeting?

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    "A source close to Brown believes the wideout is tired of playing the scapegoat for the Steelers' problems and wants to show he can thrive in another offense."

What is he scapegoat of? His own off the field problems?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25980659/wide-receiver-antonio-brown-asks-steelers-trade

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    We know that they cheat but that's beyond the point.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It does. If Ben had this type of leadership and attitude we wouldnt be having the problems we do.

17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    That's what I thought. You completely misrepresented both Rooney and Tomlin.

You stated the following on the previous page: "Ab was criticized by Tomlin and the organization privately and publicly for whatever reason including things such as running a bad route."

That is simply untrue. You completely read that into it.

As for Brown being the "scapegoat", there is yet to be displayed any evidence anyone has actually made him the "scapegoat" other than Antonio Brown's victim complex in his mind attempting to justify his behavior making him out to be the victim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Maybe... But Tom's leadership didn't stop Hernandez from murdering mofo's now did it? Could Ben be a better leader? I would say yeah, but to what extent? He's had plenty of supporters as well as a few detractors throughout his career. Bottom line is, is everybody is wired different regardless of whom they have running whatever show they're a part of. AB didn't start acting a fool right after Ben mentioned his name once upon a time after Ben personally called himself out first. The guy is just hell bent on making asinine life choices the past couple of years... And blaming everyone but himself. Coaches, team mates, baby mommas, media, etc... It's obvious that coach T can't fix stupid but to pin AB's BS on him or Ben is dumb. Honestly, I'm personally wish that folks in the organization would've tried to reel stuff in a lot sooner but like I said, everybody is wired different and it probably wouldn't have mattered.

The kid has lost his **** and is gonna throw whoever under the bus to get what he thinks it is he wants because it's easier to talk in circles and blame others than it is to admit the fact that maybe he needs to fix his own ****!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But you're talking stuff off the field. Tom cant change a criminal. I'm talking strictly in the confines of football. Tomlin takes a lot of this blame too but I point to Ben first. Also even Ryan Clark who completely dislikes AB acknowledges that Ben is not a leader. He just isnt several former members of the organization have all acknowledged that. Several former players that havent played for us have acknowledged that. It's a known thing. But that doesnt mean he isn't a great hall of fame caliber qb but his intangibles is why he never was on that top tier level with others. Only reason Rodgers gets away with it is because hes the most talented qb to ever play the position. But hes a poor leader too.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So show me where I specified that BOTH Tomlin and Rooney said ab ran the wrong route. Rooney doesnt know the semantics of the game to that level to even make a statement like that. I was stating he publicly and privately criticized AB. The organization according to many has never criticized Ben at any extent. They say Tomlin has never once privately OR publicly said anything about Ben. Bill berates Brady. Payton berates brees. Walsh called out Montana. I can go on. Tomlin doesn't berate Ben. If he gave AB the special treatment and Ben is considered a step above AB on the team what the hell kind of treatment you think Ben gets. But look its another blind supporter like the rest. And ochocinco has had the SAME EXACT problems ab had on and off the field. What was he in NE with a real leader at coach and qb? A model citizen. The culture that is fostered around you does impact how you develop. All former players have acknowledged that.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Also if something was done "privately" what evidence at this point could be provided? There's still noe evidence as to what really what down throught this whole situation. It's people telling their sides of a story and you as the reader determining who you believe and dont believe.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Still some are defending AB. Cannot say I am surprised by it at all. What does intrigue me though is how some believe AB and the team will be "buddy-buddy" again.

23. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I hear ya but you do have to look at it in all totality if you're trying to figure out WTF happened? I'm well versed in who doesn't like Ben vs those that do as it always makes a head line anytime it's brought up. Yes Tomlin or rather ownership, SHOULD have intervened not only with AB or Ben but with the whole friggin squad (coaches included)year in and year out but he does not, atleast In the ways some of us think he should. Regardless it's not Tomlins fault that his WR has a real issue in his personal life that has trickled onto the football field affecting the team. It's intertwined and that can't be argued. You can pin it on Ben if you want, and I agree Ben isn't the dotted I's leader we'd like him to be but what did he do that caused this? Meaning, what did he do to warrant AB's enough is enough attitude? I mean AB alone without any mention of Ben is doing his best to run himself out of town by acting stupid off the field let alone quitting on the field the last week of the season... Mixed in with temper tantrums and self basking on the internet during an in house rally with the coach at playoff time! Clark (since you brought him up) said years ago to stay away from AB's BS and that was before these last few seasons of idiot banter... Because Clark saw that the kid was an ******* back then. Don't recall Clark saying the same of Ben. He might not be the leader Clark envisioned but he wasn't the ******* Clark had an issue with.

The guy is running off the rails off the field and under his own power and is suffering from the backlash That comes from the team or local media and his only thought is too flip a bird at all of them and attempt to start over somewhere else. Problem is, somewhere else is gonna get the same dolt unless he fixes himself but in the end I'm sure it will be somewhere else's fault as well.

24. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Chad Johnson didn't do much more than use the teams urinal during his time in NE but yeah he was a model citizen that ultimately wilted and couldn't do his job.

25. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    You sure about that?

And if AB had Julian Edelmann's attitude we wouldn't be having those same problems either.

But I guess that it was Ben's attitude that made him Facebook Live the post game speech?
    Or his attitude that made threaten a reporter?
    Or his leadership that made him throw furniture off of a 14th floor balcony?
    Or his attitude that made him drive 100 mph down McKnight Road?
    Or his leadership that made him snap at an ex employee on Twitter?
    Or his attitude that caused him to be the only one to live off campus during training camp?
    Or his leadership that caused him to beat his ex girlfriend just last week?

Conversely, did you ever think that maybe it was ABs cancerous attitude that wore thin on Ben throughout the year and caused him to waffle and throw out hints of retirement at the end of each season?

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle. And Tom Brady has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in Pittsburgh.

You and Shannon Sharpe are the only ones defending AB here, just stop. The dude is a cancer and I can't wait until he's banished to Buffalo or Arizona where he can pout and cause a ****-show there too when everyone quits giving a **** about him because his bottom tier QB can't get him the ball like Ben does.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.