1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Am I the only one around here that thinks John Lynch won't put up with ab's bull****?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think he’d see it as worth a pick, but not a 1st or 2nd. Probably not even a 3rd.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My thoughts on the meeting as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Emmanuel Sanders did :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They ARE NOT franchise tagging him again.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I sincerely doubt they franchise tag him again and count over 25 million against the cap for a guy who wont play.. he called their bluff already they wont do it again.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Little Q&A with AB. What an effing liar, bumps and bruises my ass. Trying to save face is all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    AND? Ben isnt on the same level as Brady and EVEN HE off all people gets criticized just like everyone else by belichick. They say he completely berated Brady in meetings when he ****s up like he does everyone else. So that's no excuse.

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I applaud Antonio for finally communicating something, even if on Twitter.

BUT.. he thinks this couldn't have been overcome with open communicating with interested parties?

Seeing he's a 20 mill cap hit, I don't think it would have been too difficult for him to request a meeting with Rooney, Tomlin, and Ben.

In my opinion, I think it's clear he just wants to play elsewhere. Anyone that has a real job will acknowledge this is really a very minor issue being blown out to be mammoth proportions.

He could have easily worked to amend things with a little bit of effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The reality is BOTH Ben and AB were franchise players and "leaders" on this team. That's what happens when you are the two top paid players on the team.

So neither player is absolved of blame for the meltdown, but Brown's behavior since all this has been ridiculous. He could have handled this entirely different resolving this issue, but he didn't even try even with being reached out to by Art Rooney.

He wanted the Steelers front office to come begging for him to come back with an apology with the carpet rolled out for AB. The Steelers don't work that way.

The onus of all of this still weighs heavily square on him.

11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh boo-frickin-hoo.

Do you know what else Ben is besides disrespectful? One of only a handful of QBs in the league who can get him the ball the way that he does. Good F'ing luck when Josh Rosen is one hopping you passes when you're wide open. Or sailing them over your head.

We all want our best players to be the best people, but sometimes they're not. Sometimes when your best players are jerks, you just have to deal with it. You know, like when they go 100 mph in a 40. Or they're consistently late for practice. Or they threaten a reporter. Or they throw furniture from a 14th floor balcony. Or they Facebook Live the coach's post game speech.

F'ing idiot.

Good bye and good riddance.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ab should be applauded for absolutely nothing except when he's the hell outta here and we can finally celebrate that we don't have to deal with his s*** anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ab was criticized by Tomlin and the organization privately and publicly for whatever reason including things such as running a bad route. Big Ben was not by nether.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Are people saying this about brady?

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Someone had the nerve to (gasp!) hold him accountable and bruised his precious ego! I guess that justifies quitting on the team and resetting the definition of “diva.” Oh, let’s not forget threatening a reporter, throwing furniture off a 14th floor balcony and almost hitting a toddler, fricking live-facebooking the coach’s postgame speech, driving 100 MPH in a 40 zone, and then not showing up at court. Those incidents were all other peoples’ fault. Ben may say more than he should at times, but I’ve heard him criticize himself more than I’ve heard him criticize anyone else. This is on AB, and ONLY AB.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Where's your source regarding Tomlin and Rooney publicly criticizing him for running a wrong route?

They did criticize him for his behavior, however, which ultimately is justified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Who gives a **** what people are saying about Brady? He has zero to do with what is happening in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Bruised ego that lead to a ****ty diaper. Tomlin treated em all with kid gloves... Give a mofo enough rope and they think they're a cowboy. I don't dismiss Ben's part in any of it as he could reel some **** in as well. He almost got his ass bounced after his personal alleged mischief and has done a full come uppance yet still has a tendency to bump his gums loosely. Not that what he says is totally out of bounds in all honesty, but he needs to take into consideration the glass joes in this era that can't handle the scrutiny. Sure he's ****s on himself on the field time to time as well as all over himself primarily in pressers thereafter long before he calls others out but constructive criticism of self and others gets all skewed these days regardless.

Ben could/should do things different in various ways for various reasons. Same with Tomlin... AB is different in the sense that while he could/should in his own right, he does not nor sees a reason to do so because of his personality. His mentality is that he busts his ass harder than others (honestly he probably does) and believes that the sweat absolves him from certain expectations and should reward him with red carpet treatment on and off the field.

His personal life is ****, the folks he calls mentors have a similar **** life and all parties have shared the same mentality. they all lay blame elsewhere while not looking inward and that circumvents common sense or in essence just plain O'l good character. Owens and ocho Cinco F'd up their careers in similar fashion however AB is ramping it up from being a diva to actually being a real life POS Off the field as well.

I find it comical and equally sad. AB is great but he can't wrap his brain around the humbleness he preaches about in his weird ass attempts at sounding spiritually enlightened??? I guess that is what I'd call it anyhow.

Ben turned **** around from taking himself off the alleged board but still leaves you with head shaking moments in game and when he's Freestyling at the podium. He too suffers from getting preferential treatment whilst calling for more discipline season to season so I don't know how much alleged owning he actually gets to do vs how willing he is to buy into another shot at this point in his career?

Tomlin needs to find his sand real quick though and if he in fact did, I don't know how the team will respond to it honestly... Namely with this supposed QB whom allegedly acts like an owner with questionable and with further alleged leadership skills. The real test would be Mike yanking Ben's ass when he's too hurt, or too off, as well as getting him back in when he's ready after a dinger and the only viable option left to try and gut out a close game as we seen this year against the raiders. Furthermore, a willingness to get into a coordinators ass for trotting out the same asinine plan that's gotten neck tall in failure during the game... San Diego recently? And for crying out loud, don't be afraid to not kill your RB position year in and year out by not going to the stable a handful of times during the game! Not to mention other personnel shifts on D!!! Don't live in your fears but for crying out loud, don't let them fears take off your pants and get you pregnant week in and week out either... It's crazy!

Drunken rant over! Go STEELERS!!!

• Like Like x 3
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    AB C ya later.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Honestly, he could be talking about AB & Bell. Both have this complex and expressed this very thing.

Unfortunately, neither of them will ever understand this.

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    So Tuitt...Is taking their side?

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What are you referring to that neither of them will ever understand? They're both trying to 'go be that person' (or atleast they claim they are), aren't they?

24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I dunno, but if anyone can translate these tweets into..... English.... please....

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The complex is annoying as hell. We all need a special ribbon to show how special we are.

Give me a break people crying over not getting a red carpet rolled out for them doing their jobs.

I wonder how these players would have felt with Chuck Noll running things. They'd probably in a corner closet crying to themselves. Pretty pathetic.

Take out the trash and let all the fair-weather fans go with them.

The biggest joke going around is that Antonio Brown would somehow get along with Bill Belichick.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.