1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    For 2 other great plyrs imo plus a tonne of extra money to work with. Better without the babys

2. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I always heard that he was the hardest working most appreciative guy that the Steelers took a ‘gamble’ on.

I heard that his drive was to prove that he was not a 6th round talent but nothing about him over teammates/owners/coaches.

This ‘new’ AB seemed to pop up shortly after he was knocked from the remainder of the season after the hit to the head.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

The Steelers aren’t going to take a 20 million dollar cap hit in exchange for peanuts. If he truly wants to be traded then he needs to act like a professional. By doing so it increases his value. His actions for the last two months have only diminished his value.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can see it now.... That's just Steelers being the Steelers.

We are one of those teams now. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So you think the steelers will want to keep him around after what happen with the whole bell saga last yr regardless if they are offered peanuts? I sincerely doubt that. They will be trying to get rid of him best way they can.

6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We are losing all of the killer B's. Ben, becomes a gnat without them ... lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    AB is the one that said he's done, moving on. So be it.... if the Steelers keep him and his attitude remains the same, he's worthless and won't be the same player he used to be. Yes he will be very hard to replace, but we have a good start with JuJu..... so look at it this way, will replacing JuJu's production be easier than replacing AB? Maybe, but I think we only need one stud WR on the team as long as we have some good complimentary WR/TE's (i.e. look at New England.... who else besides Edelman do they have?)

8. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    All I want is for Pittsburgh to win the Super Bowl next year and for JuJu to win MVP. Partially because I'd love to win a SB and partially because that'd be HILARIOUS.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I said it a month ago, watch AB go to cheatland. Who has more of a need for an elite wr and deep threat and has a limited window with their aging QB? Yeah, and we are dumb enough to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I was thinking that as well. We might need to take low 2019 value, but get value in 2020 if he meets certain statistical/honor thresholds.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You’ve missed the point. His future earnings are taking a hit. If we cut him, he has significantly less value than he did before he dialed up the 3 ring circus. If we trade him, his new team will be less willing to part with additional cash if he demands a raise next year. If the situation with his baby mama takes off, he can kiss endorsement deals and appearances on network game/reality shows goodbye. He’s killing more than his trade value. He’s killing his own value.

12. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    I love the ignorant fans of other teams replying on all his social media. "AB, come to the Niners" "AB the Jets need you" "AB come to Baltimore".
    Hello, he is under contract and will go where the Steelers trade him. Personally, I am starting to wish they keep him but don't play him. You cannot reward this kind of behavior.

14. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    I nervous about what they do here. There is very little value in us trading him for a pick unless its a 1st roudner while eating a large amount of cap space. If we don't get a good offer my vote would be to keep him and deactivate his ass every week until a good offer comes in.

15. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    In my eyes, he reduces the number of places willing to take him at a price the Steelers willing to accept. He might be better served to act in a manner that makes him more desirable so more teams willing to go get him.

16. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I have kept a open mind for ab coming back this year but his actions are getting old with today’s latest tweet. His trade value is dropping like a rock. If I was management. I would not trade him with that killer cap hit. Let him rot like bell last year. I would not cave in to these childish selfish gimmicks to get a trade

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Antonio Brown Has Officially Requested a Trade.

The prolific wide receiver just punctuated a bizarre, tumultuous offseason by asking the Steelers to move him.

By Danny Heifetz Feb 12, 2019, 4:12pm EST

18. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am sure some teams will be alittle hesitant to pull trigger on a deal with the way he is acting

19. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
  20. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Is there a way they can do that? Just keep him on the team but away from the team because there's no use in trading him for a s*** third or fourth round pick at this point. Might as well just send a message

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    At this point, the Steelers have no choice but to trade AB. It is no longer a question of if. It is a question of when, and for what.

22. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    PC has nothing to do with it. Common DECENCY does.
    I have lost friends to AIDS....it is NOT a joke and I will NOT tolerate your insult.

23. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    He has to be traded, every team knows is so the return is going to be completely underwhelming. Add it the cap hit, and its going to be rough. Man, he’s going to be the most hated player in Steelers history. WTF just happened??

24. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    They can keep him and wait. There is no need to rush. He's got 3 years on his deal which he has been paid handsomely. He has zero leverage. There is no sense in trading him for anything less than a 2nd round pick or a solid player. He is at his absolute lowest value right now. Once the season starts and injuries start rolling in teams will pay more. Deactivate him for every game and wait.

“Antonio Brown has been suspended from the team for conduct detrimental to the team.”

“Antonio Brown is a healthy scratch again, putting up zero stats and destroying his brand name. #BusinessIsDying”

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Weak.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.