1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown's Trade Value "30 cents on the dollar"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Feb 12, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...ers-will-likely-keep-Antonio-Brown-128976881/

""I think the market for Antonio Brown might be so low the Steelers could find their best option is to keep him—even if it means they may have to cut him in October if he becomes disruptive again," King wrote. "Brown’s a gamble, but the upside if he can be reined in could well be better than a getting 30 cents on the dollar in a trade because teams don’t trust him."

Well we can kiss trading for a 1st round pick out the window.

This could be Antonio's greatest feat yet. Be a receiver equated to Jerry Rice and no one wants you.

Ok so keep him and suspend him without pay every time he looks at a water cooler in angst << kidding

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If hunt can be picked up Brown sure will.:cool:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I officially hate ab

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think AB must’ve really pissed off Peter King, because now this dig against AB, after PK saying he didn’t vote for AB as an all pro because of the drama.

Yeah, I think his trade value is lower than it should be, but I’m thinking like a 2nd round pick, as opposed to a first+. No way is AB only worth a 5th or worse.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There is always a team out there who thinks "we can turn this guy around, let's get his talent on this team". Then again, the decision makers in the NFL tend to know a little more than we do as fans and if AB is melting down, they will know it.

6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Brown will come back. They'll say all the right things. Bell is gone but Colbert is doing all he can to foul that up for the 2nd year in a row.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Agree! Steelers could be 0-16 but he would be happy as a pig in **** as long as Ben threw to him constantly regardless if it hurts our chances at a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I've never seen a player as selfish and who openly displays the fact that he doesn't care about winning all he cares about is getting his as much as ab and the fact that they've kept him around this long knowing what he's all about is just another reason why the Steelers have become a joke

9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    $.30 on the dollar is better than $0 on the dollar, which is what he will bring to us. Dude is a ticking time bomb and dragging down the team with his antics. His talent doesn't overcompensate for it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't put any stock in that article. Wouldn't trust anything out of his agents mouth because according to the beat writers, no one has been in contact with them. AB certainly hasn't been and thats the man who will need step up to the plate and make amends if they are going to move forward together.

Having a zero policy will not work, AB will lash out and then he'll be cut and you'll get nothing. Id rather get a 2nd rd or 3rd than get nothing at all. Hunt being signed means somebody will give up at least that for him.

And not only will you get nothing if he's cut mid season but it will be far more damaging to the offense if it happens then rather than now when you can prepare for him being gone.

A late first is still possible, one trade partner I'd be looking at is the Rams. I cant see how they wouldn't make that deal. They need a WR in the worst way.

This marriage is dead, AB has a problem with Tomlin and Ben, thats kind of a big obstacle. That headcase won't be able to navigate through that, especially with Ben, he's not innocent in all this.

Move on from AB, get a pick and start the healing process.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Not to derail the thread, but the only thing risky thing about the Browns picking up Hunt was the NFL is yet to rule any type of further disciplinary action. IMO what happened was an isolated incident including young people and alcohol. I don't see the girl's career destroyed over instigating the dispute why should Hunts? Not popular for PR, but I have a strong feeling we won't be hearing too much more about Kareem Hunt. The Browns look to be set at running back which is not a good thing for the Steelers.

As for Brown, well he has just recently been found guilty of reckless driving not even showing up to his scheduled court date. http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...s-antonio-brown-found-guilty-reckless-driving

I think I can spot the more toxic asset.

12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Jeremy Fowler reported Brown's Agent Drew Rosenhaus has been communicating with the Steelers.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...ent-confirms-communication-with-the-steelers/

From the first article..

"Brown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told reporters late last month that they had re-opened lines of communication with the Steelers. Rosenhaus, said that, while Brown and the Steelers have communicated, they are keeping those conversations in-house. "

""We have not shared it with anyone outside of the Steelers," Rosenhaus said. "We have shared our thoughts with the Steelers but will keep those discussions internal."

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn’t refute anything I said. There is nothing from the Steelers that they have had any contact from AB or his agent. That’s all coming from Rosenhaus.

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That was for free. I doubt anyone would have traded for hunt.

15. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Welp, it looks like He gone.

From his Instagram account today:
    SteelerNation thank you for big 9 years!!! Time to move on and forward.....
    #NewDemands

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    We won't get much for him now. I am livid. Dude sucks ass.

18. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Didn’t know whether to like or hilarious this post. It made me laugh, so hilarious it is! Not laughing at you, laughing because it’s true.

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No way do I trade him for anything less than a mid 2nd rounder or equivalent combination of picks and/or players. If he’s ruined his trade value, he can suffer here as a malcontent, wallowing in self pity and being suspended without pay for any and every infraction.

“Antonio Brown has been suspended from the team for conduct detrimental to the team.”

“Antonio Brown is a healthy scratch again, putting up zero stats and destroying his brand name. #BusinessIsDying”

He’s showing his utter stupidity by destroying his own value, not just his trade value, but his future earnings potential. What an utter moron.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    30 cents on the dollar is not better than 0 on the dollar in this care because of the amount that we have to retain in cap space.whether he stays or goes we eat a good chunk of money so might as well keep him and deactivate him every game until a solid offer comes in

21. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    THIS !! ☝

22. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Actually it does refute what you are saying as it states verbatim "Brown and the Steelers have communicated, they are keeping those conversations in-house. " << the words of Drew Rosenhaus. Not sure how it can be clearer.

And as of today Brown has requested a trade from the Steelers

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25980659/wide-receiver-antonio-brown-asks-steelers-trade

"Antonio Brown has officially requested a trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday"

23. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Apparently the best time to trade Brown would be after June 1 to spread the cap hit around.

Again I have a problem with bowing to every demand he has. Why should the Steelers deal with 10 mil + cap hits for years to appease him?

His apparent rationale from the article above

"A source close to Brown believes the wideout is tired of playing the scapegoat for the Steelers' problems and wants to show he can thrive in another offense."

Scapegoat?? The guy is making things up that were never there. No one has blamed any lack of success on Antonio Brown, but they have called him out for his foolish behavior. The victim complex of your narcissist at work.

The reality is he's simply a selfish individual that shows no regard for others that have put their trust in him to be worth 12 mil + a year as a franchise player.

I would not give up less than a 1st rounder for him. He's under contract, and the Steelers aren't forced to do anything for his sake. If he doesn't comply with the rules, suspend him without pay.

But I bet Rooney et all will proving it to be a mistake giving Brown the contract extension making him the HIGHEST PAID WR in the NFL at the time.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Keep in mind that he has a $2.5 million roster bonus due if he’s not traded or cut by 3/17/19, so that will make total 2019+2020 dead money hit higher than the 2019 dead money hit if he’s dealt pre-June 1. The cap isn’t an issue. We will have oodles of caps space to work with for 2019 after making some smart extensions and cuts. The key for timing is: when is the optimal time to deal him for compensation from another team.

25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    True, and he certainly doesn't deserve a 2.5 million gift from the Steelers.